Is Cuddling More Essential Now

[Deleted User]AIToCuddle (deleted user)

So, was curious. With all that's taken place given the pandemic and the fact that people are more social media driven, and how people are just working so much more now. Would you say Cuddling is more essential now?

Comments

• Absolutely. We need connection, in person. Some of us aren't fortunate enough to have sufficient connections at home and isolation does awful things to our psyche. 😔

• [Deleted User]AIToCuddle (deleted user)

@ubergigglefritz Nice to meet you, thanks for speaking to the new guy, lol. My younger brother is autistic so he's basically spent all of his life alone, not being able to have the interactions and such that he should. Don't know if you seen my bio or my post, but our dad died (was 53) three months ago and he's really taken it hard. He smokes now all of a sudden, and I just think he's lacking that connection to comfort him. Obviously I did when I was there but I live in FL and he's in NC.

But you're absolutely right. I believer everybody deserves to have that connection. So I happy to have an opportunity to provide that.

• Moving this to General section, it will probably get more exposure there and is not specific to Professional Cuddling.

@Babichev thank you, that was my first thought, but I didn't know for sure.

• Welcome! I spent some time in Sunrise, it was a great experience!

I think human connection and physical touch has been on a downward turn for a few decades. If you look around in public, it's shocking how many people are glued to their phones rather than interacting with the people they are with.

For those affected by Covid, it would only amplify this. (I say that because my job continued mostly as normal, through most of Covid, and I was already socially isolated, so it really didnt affect me much...apart from some 6:00 A.M. toilet paper runs to stand in a big line at the grocery store. 😆)

So I think human connection and, as a result, cuddling, have been becoming more needed, for a long time. After finally experiencing what it's like to engage in platonic cuddles with non-boyfriends, I think it would benefit a heck of a lot of people.

It is a fast lane to getting to know someone, it creates a sense of safety and mutual trust, it boosts happiness, and creates an environment of acceptance. It encourages us to set, express, and honor boundaries, gives us a chance to be caregivers, and obliterates social boundaries and judgement. I wish more people were open to it. My experience thus far has been beautiful.

~ Sunset Snuggles

@SunsetSnuggles Lol, oh yeah? Such a wonderful perspective, thanks for sharing.

• edited June 2022

@AIToCuddle Yeppa, I lived in Florida for two months while traveling. Sunrise had some pretty parks; I even saw a trash panda, there! 🦝

~ Sunset Snuggles

@SunsetSnuggles Did you have clients here too?

• @AIToCuddle This was back in 2018. If you mean cuddling clients, no. To have clients you need to apply to become a Pro:
    https://www.cuddlecomfort.com/become-a-professional-cuddler

~ Sunset Snuggles

• @AIToCuddle Like me, @SunsetSnuggles is an enthusiast, not a professional. We don't have clients or charge a fee.

• [Deleted User]Btown (deleted user)

I think cuddling was more essential in past generations. Many people are scarred today due to a lack of affection and touch.

@Btown but isn't that why some people maybe hiring a professional cuddler? So they can cope with some of that?

@AIToCuddle Exactly

• edited June 2022

To say something is more essential now would make it less essential before. I dont consider cuddling to be any more or less essential based on time line of events that take place . Furthermore I dont know that I would even call it essential as it is subjective to each person and frankly, a lot of people dont really need it . We are on a site for people who like a certain thing but we cant assume that certain thing is of equal importance or relevance to others who are outside of the cc bubble

@pmvines Good points.

• For me the pandemic made me more aware of how important hugs are to me. I've always valued hugs as being really nice to have but I now see them as essential for me personally. I also make even more of a point to hug all my kids...despite their pretend reluctance lol.

• I'd say yes more now than before the pandemic. The pandemic left people feeling isolated lonely and longing for human connection, like on a deeper psychological level. And that correlates with the huge rise in anxiety and depression. We are in the middle of a global mental health crisis, and I think cuddling is a good defense or coping mechanism. It's called cuddle comfort and cuddle therapy for a reason lol