Suggestions and ways this website can be improved

Comments

• Agreed, I have a spellchecker on Firefox that works just fine on CC. It would be nice if the new members highlight would show both city and state. Now you can't tell if it says Springfield, it that is Springfield< PA or Springfield, Illinois. Moscow, Russia or Moscow, PA
  • [Deleted User]Sunflowerfield (deleted user)
    I agree with this comment:

"I'm trying to go through all the comments and i dont see it on here but
    one thing i think that would make it a little better would be to be able
    to put in a search with a beginning point.  i'm not always home when i
    want to cuddle.  I live more central eastern but travel and would like
    to be able to find people close to my travel cities rather than expand
    my search my 1000 and weed through them.  "
  • One thing that would nice but not that important is to know if your email's have been read or if not, this show's if the other person is still active or not.
    At the moment you have to scroll through last on line to see if they have been on line, if they have not replied.
    If there is a few people in the area it can be very time consuming.
  • @funandadventure If you visit their profile page, there's a field there that says when that person was last online. It might save you some scrolling.
  • @Mailleweaver Thank you for that it dose help, you see if you ask on here you will receive, so all you guys who are feeling a little bit let down, keep asking, for it is happening for me and I am not young. Love you John Auckland NZ
  • Something that I would like added would be the users handle added to the Square when someone is doing a search. If they don't have a profile picture up it really is difficult to tell who they are.  So far if they don't have a picture then it just lists the age and their city.  
  • edited March 2017
    @snuggle554321 Great point. I rarely use this site on my mobile so didn't pick up on how troublesome that is. I'm surprised you're the first person to mention this. Anyway, I've now made usernames display for mobile search. 
  • @Mark I noticed when someone leaves the site, their message history disappears immediately. Although I understand that, might be nice if it either did not, or maybe you had a week before it disappeared
  • @labelz Yeah agreed.
  • Not sure if this has already been said so forgive me if I am redundant. How about if when there are new responses to a thread it goes to the top so that you aren't scrolling through to try to find ones that have new replies.
  • I have a lot of trouble with the text cursor moving around when I'm typing. Sometimes it does it during autosaves, sometimes when I backspace, and sometimes just randomly. It might move to the end of the very last line, a random spot in the middle, or the text field may lose focus altogether. I've been fighting this since I joined in October. No other website or forum gives me this kind of trouble. Firefox browser; haven't tried with any other browser.
  • @pmvines click on recent discussions, and it will show you discussions that have had posts made to them since you last looked, even shoing how many posts. Then click on a specific discussion, and it will skip the posts you have already read showing those you haven't read. At least that is the way it works on my phone.
  • I_am_Polylover thanks, I see it now I guess I didn't notice at the time I wrote that. Thank you, I'm still a bit new to this and feeling my way around.
  • [Deleted User]Unknown (deleted user)
    edited March 2017
    How about the "Cuddle Comfort Store"

a place  to buy "I cuddle "t shirts ,and cuddle themes merchandise ?

and , or a classified section for the forum users to peddle some of their crafty things .
    only cuddle stuff , no motor vehicles   , ( camper maybe - ready to cuddle in)
  •  By the way, if someone posts in @Snuggle554321 am I supposed to be notified that someone made a comment on the forum?  I only use my cell phone for checking things and I'm not getting any notifications of any kind when people post things on the forum.   No messages, no email alerts… Nothing.  If I don't happen to come cross the post that lists my handle, I don't even know that it's there.  
  • edited March 2017
    I don't think it's enabled by default (should it be? interested in everyone's view) but you can enable it by going to the forum notifications page: https://www.cuddlecomfort.com/forum/profile/preferences/

None of the forum preferences are publicly linked because much of the interlinking is broken due to forum integration with the main website. But at least the above page specifically does work so I should really have it linked from somewhere.
  • [Deleted User]navyvet76 (deleted user)
    edited April 2017
    Mark due to all the inactive profiles it would be nice to have a requirement for a user to login every so often or profile is deactivated. This would help clean house. Then when they finally login profile can request to be activated.
    I think that's already happening navyvet, I was searching for a pro and couldn't find her but she's still on my friends friend list. When I clicked on her profile, it said temporarily suspended.
  • edited April 2017
    That's just a coincidence as there isn't a system in place for deactivating old profiles currently.
    @Mark why do some profiles say temporarily suspended? Did they do something wrong?
  • edited April 2017
    It's usually non-punitive and can be related to things like a late or missed payment or someone who has forgot to e-sign the contract while in the process of completing an application process. And sometimes the suspension will be in error due to partial information and incorrect assumptions as a result.
  • [Deleted User]CuddleBandit (deleted user)
    edited April 2017
    No responses is a very big problem on this site. You send a message to a female and they just visit your profile and don't respond. This is why I hate the visitors option. It's only an ugly reminder to me. It would be nice if there was a button where they can choose, "not interested". Better than getting ignored without a response. 
  • @CuddleBandit, as glass half empty as this may seem, I always assume I'm not really going to peek much interest socially so it is always a pleasant surprise when somebody does
  • Agree 100% about the profile pics.  

For me though, the biggest issue is the number of inactive users.  Most of my matches joined the site and based on their last use have never been back.  

I see a couple of cuddlers with real potential for me, but I can't contact them.  Odds are my messages are not even being read.  Wish there was a better way to get the attention of an inactive user.  

• I think it would be nice if there could be a "strictly pro forum" where we can share about techniques, advice or even social get togethers. I beleive It would help the pros feel closer and more like friends rather than competitors. :) I met a pro the other day off this site and it was so refreshing to have someome doing the same thing as you and going through the same stuff :)
    So that would be appreciated :D
  • Also if someone is potentially interested in paying for cuddles it would be nice if there was some sort of indication or symbol on their profile :)
    Private chats are easy 
  • Well, it may be.. but not if nobody decided to message first, or whatever. with the forum, I believe more pros would be inclined to talking :)
    edited April 2017
    I'm in a private group chat with several of the guys from CC and it blows up daily 24/7
  • [Deleted User]cntrydance68 (deleted user)
    I was under the impression that this website was to find someone to cuddle with without paying for it.  Lo and behold, everyone I have spoken to wants to charge me even if their profile doesn't say professional.  One girl wanted $100 an hour.  When talking to her, I found out her life is full of all kinds of drama.  I only saw one non-professional in my area who had logged in recently and she never answered.  Maybe the professionals should have their own section for people who are looking to pay money.  I live in the Dallas/Fort Worth area and most of the profiles are over a month, some over a year.  The one professional I had made plans with didn't confirm with me until late at night before we were supposed to meet the next day and the conversation, which was fun in the beginning, suddenly became all about how much I was going to pay her for the entire time and wanted to squeeze every penny she could out of me.  Needless to say, I didn't see her.  I have better luck with people out of state (such as snuggle554321).  I know this was a long post and I hope it didn't sound like I was complaining too much.  Everyone have a great day!