Suggestions and ways this website can be improved

Comments

• is there a way to follow posts from a particular member? I am guilty of only really looking at threads I have posted in but there are some folks whom I am genuinely interested in reading their posts. How can I do this without looking through all of the threads.
  • If you click on general and scroll to the bottom, there's a search box. Type in the name of the member you want to follow and it will list their recent activity in chronological order.
  • got it, thank you
  • I don't think there should be any kind of blocking on this site regarding profiles or forums. This is a site dedicated to cuddling. We should be open and accepting here. If people are rude or pose a threat, we should leave it up to the admins to handle things but closing our lines of communication is a negative thing. We should all be polite and use our positive energies to work things out. This will contribute to the greater good much more than simply blocking people or arguing.
  • Would be cool if you could post pics on here that weren't hosted. I'd post a pic of my burrito.
  • Must be a really amazing burrito !?
  • From Pepes, good stuff
  • @mark, is it possible to get a page on the site which shows common terminology that we use and can be added to, may be a drop down page.
    Like Paid cuddler is a Cuddle companion and so on.
    May be names of cuddling positions.
    John Auckland NZ.
  • I've noticed recently that some threads have been deleted. Is there a new option where the original poster can delete their thread?
  • I'm pretty sure that the reason replies often take weeks on here is that the notification e-mails are ending up in people's spam folders. They were ending up in mine and I had to mark them as "not junk." Is it possible to warn new users, as soon as they sign up, to check their spam folders?
  • edited May 2017
    @MrSoloDolo That's probably me deleting on request. I'm usually ok to do that if there are limited contributions inside or the thread's content is not particularly valuable. The last thread I deleted just had people going off-topic having a laugh over a misspelling, so that was an easy decision.

@__JJ__ We do mention a warning when you view an empty inbox in order to reach new users. But I suppose some people won't look there until they actually have a message.  So perhaps it's worth sending a welcome message and mentioning it there.

@funandadventure Sounds best suited as a forum topic initially which I could link from the footer and then maybe later be an official page after sufficient community contribution.
  • [Deleted User]navyvet76 (deleted user)
    I wish the pro part would be a separate website with a third party schedule phone number. That way those who want to hire can do so. And those that want a cuddle buddy can get that here
  • Dear @mark, Than would be fine by me, can it be set up and let's see how it go's.
    John Auckland NZ.
  • Noticed recently that if someone blocks you,  you can no longer delete any good karma you left them.  
    So what one pro did recently was delete the good karma she left me months ago and then block me.  But the good karma I left her is still there benefiting her profile.  hardly seems fair does it? :) 

So I suggest that if you block someone, any karma they left you should disappear or something like that...

• @Greenearth are you talking about @Brandi

I just looked at her profile and your Karma is not on there. Unless of course you're talking about someone else.
  • I noticed that if you change your name the old name and posts are still there along with the new one. Other sites when this is done, all posts show under the new name as opposed to still continuing to have the old one. It can be confusing to those who aren't aware of a name change for it appears as though there are two different people with posts on here.
  • edited May 2017
    I deleted the karma on request as everyone should have the ability to do that anyway. This blocking/karma scenario is probably going to be very uncommon so I won't be worrying about it for now.
  • It's been requested quite a bit so I have implemented a new privacy option that allows your profile to be restricted to members only. You can enable it by going into Settings and clicking 'Yes' to 'Block public visitors & Google?'.
  • Awesome mark.   That's very cool. 
  • [Deleted User]NJCuddleDevil (deleted user)
    Mark,  I know I am one who never likes being bombarded with emails, but how about a system that notifies members when they haven't been on in awhile.  A we miss you kind of thing.  I remember when I signed up last year and was a bit taken aback when it said my email address was already registered.  I signed up, came back a year later to the same site and yet I didn't even remember signing up.  I think doing it the right amount may discourage uninterested people to simply delete their profile and keep new members engaged.  Sometimes I sign up to things on a whim when I'm busy with other things and forget about it.
  • [Deleted User]TeYa (deleted user)
    Can public visitors message you? 
    Mark here is a thought can a user choose to block professionals from contacting them unless they contact the pro first on. Also, it seems that some pros still are on here before their probtsg us listed. They should not be showing in that state of limbo or put a pending payment to tag on their profile that is part of of the search options.
  • @navyvet69 I had a pro message me this past weekend out of the blue and never asked for a session. We ended up hanging out that Sunday, no money exchanged hands and we had fun. Something like that would have never happened if I had blocked pros from contacting me first.
  • @Mark Thank you for the reply! Yes, a welcome message warning folks about checking spam sounds good.
  • edited May 2017
    @navyvet76 That is something that makes sense and will likely be an option at some point. Right now it's not much of a concern as the vast majority of Pros do not outreach for clients.

In regards to pending Pros - that should no longer be an issue from my side. Any Pros you see without a tag should now be immediately reported as there is no longer a period of limbo with the updated system. That doesn't mean they are breaking the rules intentionally - some Pros join up not realising they have to seek approval first.
  • [Deleted User]VIPirate (deleted user)
    edited May 2017
    @Mark I'm highly confused about the option to turn off Google searches for our activity here. Even though I have the block Google setting turned on, I can still find some conversations I've been involved in and even my own avatar in the Google image search (those of many others as well). I am hoping that this will be looked into and rectified since I do prefer certain degree of privacy.
  • edited May 2017
    That setting refers to your actual profile page, not what goes on in this public forum. I agree though that you don't want your forum avatar being indexed so I'm just going to block that by default.  It might take Google a few weeks to reflect the changes though due to profiles having such a low crawl rate.
  • [Deleted User]VIPirate (deleted user)
    Ah, I understand now. Thank you for the good work, Mark! :)
    it seems to me that no one is verified on here. Are the pros put through any type of background check?  I know as a client there was no verification of clients so far.  
  • @navyvet. When you click on the button to book a pro, you see this disclaimer at the bottom of the screen:"DISCLAIMER: We do not check the credibility or
    authenticity of members who are considered 'Professional'. You should
    therefore always exercise due diligence independent of this website to
    satisfy your own peace of mind in regards to safety." 

My two cents: Pros are not employees of this site, and I imagine CC does not wish to take on the responsibility/liability of suggesting to clients that they can rely on the site for vetting. There are over 65,000 members here, according to the stats on the home page people see before signing in. Background checks and verification would not seem possible on such a scale, especially for a free site. And I actually wouldn't want it for non pro's even if it were possible.

People have to join the site (i.e. create a profile) just to look around. I know I would balk if some as-then-unknown-to-me website wanted verifiable identifying info on me as a condition of letting me in.   What would they do with it?  How would they safeguard it? I'd pass on that, and I think most casual visitors would too. If we want to "spread the cuddle culture," we probably shouldn't start by raising significant barriers to entry on the site.

Stranger danger is a fact of Internet life. I'm not sure CC can do anything about that beyond reminding us to be careful. I wouldn't consider it an improvement if they tried to do more than that.