Meditation

edited June 2017 in General
Hey there everyone! So I just wanted to share this link with anyone that may be interested in learning about chakras and being the best YOU you can be! even 20 minutes a day of meditation for yourself, can be such a healing process. <3
http://www.the-energy-healing-site.com/chakra-balancing.html 
I learned a lot of techniques on here, and thought it was really cool, so I hope this helps someone else too ^.^

Comments

• [Deleted User]DaughterWho (deleted user)
    @Brandi I am reading this now, thank you so much for sharing this information :D!!
  • Yay Im so glad! :D Best wishes, and if you want someone to talk to about it, feel free to message me anytime! <3
  • Although I appreciate you posting the link, I am unable to read it due to the small print. I'll have to wait till I can afford to fix my computer, unless you know of a large print version.
  • Does your phone have a zoom option, @I_am_polylover? if not, if youd like I can copy paste a few main points on here :)
  • I was unable to make it bigger, so posting the main points here would be great.
  • @brandi So cool!  Thank you so much for the link!  You are such a blessing sweetheart! I always love reading your posts! HUGE HUG!!!! 
  • @I_am_polylover here you go <3
    Why is chakra balancing important?

Keeping our physical body alive, healthy and functioning well is a complex exercise in balancing. It's called homeostasis, and it keeps all the chemicals, hormones, and processes of our body in harmony with each other. If our body deviates from a state of homeostasis, we're in trouble.

In the same way, our chakras must be in balance and aligned with each other.

When our chakras (or any aspect of our energy system) are out of balance, it can have a profound impact on our physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual health. When they are out of balance/alignment, both our bodies and our lives are likely to be out of balance as well. We may find that we are illness- or accident-prone, or that our lives are unhappy, unsatisfying, or chaotic.

Sound healing expert Jonathan Goldman compares the body to a musical orchestra, where the individual players represent physical or energetic organs. If one "instrument" (like a chakra) gets off tune or out of balance, the sound of the entire orchestra (the health of your entire body) is off, and pretty soon the other players (other part of your physical or energetic system) start to veer off-tune, too.

Energetically, what characterizes a chakra system that is in balance?

Energy flows through the chakra system in two ways. First, it flows up and down along your central channel, base of spine to top of head, connecting the chakras. Second, it flows horizontally, in an exchange of energy with the cosmos.

In a balanced chakra system:

• Energy flows freely vertically, reaching all the chakras: none of the chakras are blocked.
    • Energy flows freely horizontally: each chakra exchanges energy freely with the cosmos.
    • None of the chakras is substantially more open or spinning faster/slower than the others: none is significantly overactive or underactive in comparison to the rest.
    • Each of the chakras is opened to the degree needed to support your health and spiritual development: none of the seven chakras is open too wide, or closed down too tight.
    • Neither the upper chakras nor the lower chakras is over-emphasized.

Many energy healers will be able to perceive your chakras and whether they are balanced, open, and healthy. But it's not really necessary to be able to perceive them in order to evaluate them and their state of balance, because when there is an imbalance in your chakra system, it will eventually manifest in your body, emotions, thoughts, or your life. In other words, it will show up clearly in the physical world at some point.

How would a person with a healthy, balanced chakra system most likely look?

• body is healthy enough to support individual spiritual journey/fulfillment of life purpose
    • well grounded, secure, confident, in touch with own body
    • in touch with their emotions, but not overwhelmed by them
    • comfortable with their own sexuality
    • self-confident, able to manifest their desires without dominating others
    • compassionate, loving, healthy relationships; in touch with nature
    • able to express own truth, to listen as well as speak, to create
    • intellect balanced with wisdom, in touch with intuition
    • sense of connection with the divine

Complete Balance and Alignment Not Necessary

It's not necessary, however, for our chakras to be perfectly, completely balanced, all at the same level of open-ness and activation. For most people, one or more chakras stand out as being stronger than the others. This is normal and not at all undesirable.

It's only necessary that the chakras not be wildly out of alignment, such as one chakra that is nearly shut down, or one that is blown wide open in comparison to the others. Your body and your life will give you the information you need to know if your chakras need balancing.

Imbalance in the Chakras

Sometimes people on a path of spiritual development will over-emphasize the top chakras, believing that this is the way to become enlightened. In my personal view, this is a mistake. The body is not less holy than the spirit. They are both aspects of energy, and need to be balanced in order for us to make the most of our physical incarnation.

Indeed, someone with a top-heavy chakra system--the top three or four chakras overactive in relation to the three bottom chakras--might be spacy and ungrounded, have difficulty finishing things, have difficulty concentrating, lack "common sense," be "out of touch," and just generally have difficulty living in the world.

On the other hand, sometimes people are out of balance with the lower three chakras overactive in comparison to the entire system. Such individuals might lack imagination and creativity, lack vision, lack higher dreams, feel unconnected to the divine, be overly sexual, lack higher reasoning power, be overbearing and unsubtle, be "plodding," get trapped in the minutiae or the drama of life, and generally have a hard time rising above the basic physicality of life.

To learn more about individual chakra blockages, and how they might manifest, you can go here.

Two Great Methods for Overall Chakra Balancing

Chakra balancing, in concert with other techniques, often provides a great deal of emotional healing and spiritual healing and can help prevent physical disease, too. (Of course, if you have a serious physical or mental health concern you should seek the care of a physician or mental health professional.)

Many energy healers will spend a considerable amount of their time with you healing the chakras: opening, balancing, aligning and energizing them. A professional energy healing can be good not only for balancing the chakras, but also for you to get a feel for your own chakras.

But there are also many techniques that you yourself can use for chakra balancing. Keep in mind that the way to make any energy-work method effective is to do it mindfully, with sacred intention to heal. In other words, it's the intention rather than the exact method that's important.

Here are some methods for chakra balancing that you might try.

Singing Bowl Chakra Balancer

My husband has a beautiful daily practice for balancing and aligning chakras. Each morning, after meditating for a while, he sounds his singing bowl eight times, once for each of the chakras (we work with an 8th chakra, too).

Starting with the first chakra, he sounds the bowl once. As the singing bowl resonates, he holds his awareness on the first chakra and lets the sound resonate in for a while. After a while, he sounds the bowl for the second chakra, holding his awareness on it and letting the sound resonate in it for a while. And so on, up the chakras.

He loves this daily practice, and since he's someone who's in a constant, steady state of spiritual growth in my opinion he's a good advertisement for it!

• not sure if this shows up on the message or not so Il re-paste it.....

Singing Bowl Chakra Balancer

My husband has a beautiful daily practice for balancing and aligning chakras. Each morning, after meditating for a while, he sounds his singing bowl eight times, once for each of the chakras (we work with an 8th chakra, too).

Starting with the first chakra, he sounds the bowl once. As the singing bowl resonates, he holds his awareness on the first chakra and lets the sound resonate in for a while. After a while, he sounds the bowl for the second chakra, holding his awareness on it and letting the sound resonate in it for a while. And so on, up the chakras.

He loves this daily practice, and since he's someone who's in a constant, steady state of spiritual growth in my opinion he's a good advertisement for it!

Hands-On Chakra Balancer

This is a traditional, hands-on energy-healing method for chakra balancing. You can do it with your hands directly on your body, or a few inches above your body.

• Lie down in a comfortable place where you will not be disturbed.
    • Spend some time belly-breathing and take a few minutes to ground and center.
    • Set an intention for balancing and aligning your chakras.
    • Place one hand on your first chakra (you can put your hand either on or in the air above your groin), and one hand on your second chakra.
    • Hold your hands in this position until you feel the energy equalize or until you start to feel it pulse in a patterned way (e.g. in unison or regularly back and forth), or until you get some other indication (such as just knowing) that the two chakras are balanced. Don't worry if you don't feel anything or don't get some other indication that the chakras are balanced. Just hold your hands on the two chakras for a minute or so, or until you feel that it's time to move on. Your intention to balance them will do the work.
    • Move your hands to your second and third chakras and repeat the balancing.
    • Move your hands to the third and fourth and repeat. And so on.
    • After you've balanced the last two chakras, take a little while to enjoy the feeling. Being familiar with the feeling of having your chakras in balance will help you recreate the state whenever you need to throughout the day.
    • Get up and drink a glass of water. Enjoy the rest of your day!
  • energy! ......

And how it works~

If you were to see an energy healing in process, it might look like someone slowly moving their hands through the air a few inches to a few feet away from your body. The healer might pause now and then over certain areas, or perhaps sometimes make small gestures with their hands. What are they doing?!

Energy healing—also called energy work, energy medicine, spiritual healing, and laying on of hands--recognizes and works with the beautiful reality of the more subtle aspects of our nature—our energy. This energy has been called by many names, including aura, electro-magnetic field, energy field, subtle energy, vital energy, life force, chi, qi, ki, and prana. 

We are pulsing with this life force. It animates us and is the foundation and template for our physical being. Though universal in nature, it takes a unique and beautiful form in each one of us.

• Thanks Brandi. Nice read. Personally, I like the singing bowl although I've tried a million times and still can't get it right.
  • haha well maybe that's just not the right technique for you, and eventually you'll come across something that may suit you more and may help you feel that "click" :)
    best wishes! and glad I could share some insight @joey012616 <3
  • haha, I guess I'm just not coordinated enough to bang the bowl and then quickly make that circle. I'm always either too hard or too soft or not fast enough. Hopefully I'll get it. Thanks again! :-)
  • Thank you, @Brandi, I finally had time to readyour post. I particularly found useful the part about balancing my own chakras, and plan on using it on a regular basis.
  • That's awesome Poly! So glad to hear!
    I do chakra balancing on myself daily, and I genuinely feel really in tuned to my body and awareness. its a wonderful feeling, so that makes me super happy to pass that on <3
  • Dear Brandi, thank you for the above and the link, I have been useing this type of stimulation for some of my young friends for years, we have a group session most mornings, it is strange but with hands shaking madly ( because of age loss control ) most can make the right notes and timing. In fact the sound can be in complete harmony.
    Love from John Auckland NZ.

• Thats so awesome John!! glad to hear other sucess stories out there with this type of meditation!
    Best wishes and big hugs from cali!
    Xoxo
    Brandi
  • Hey there lovelies of cuddlecomfort! happy happy Friday!
    I hope you are having a beautiful weekend so far!

I just finished my work out, and guided meditation and thought I should share the video for the meditation that I did with you guys, in case anyone else wants to take a breather tonight. :) Enjoy some of the positive energy that can surround you, the happy flowing vibes to help you kick off your weekend, giving it a relaxing start; making you a stronger you to get you through the weekend..

A lot of people make excuses for themselves as to why they don't meditate, weather its not enough time or if you just think its silly and refuse to think you're some hippy dippy(LOL) or some of you genuinely don't know how! once you kick those thoughts youll be set to go!

Really think about how much time we have and how much this can help your mental, and physical body and realize you're the only one in your way stopping you from peace and quiet. (24 hours! everyday! 7 days a week!) so don't be a slave to your workplace or your stress and get meditating! :'D

here is the video for you. Make yourself a priority tonight!
    this meditation requires barely any thinking on your part, so just get cozy, grab a glass of water (trust me youll be thirsty after!) and simply click the link and take the 50 minutes to ease your mind, and relax your body.
    and this is the video I used, but Im sure there are hundreds more on youtube if this one doesnt tickle your fancy ;P
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwQqJ5ziCgE&t=239s

have a safe weekend everyone, and enjoy! :)

• Dear Brandi, so nice, It did help, I down loaded it and played to through the sound system in the indoor swimming pool area.
    I got people join me, people I do not know and we sat around and listened, it is Saturday night a day and a bit ahead of you.
    It is great, Thank you, Love John Auckland NZ
  • I appreciate the thought, Brandi.  The music is nice and very mellow, but I had a very difficult time understanding the words being said.  I think I'll need to find a different video.
    ♥Jim
  • Dear Brandi, You have started something, I have been asked to play the recording a few times now, The indoor swimming pool area can be turned into a hall by putting in a false floor and so you get a very large hall, that has strange acoustics and with the audio mixer you can manipulate the sound.
    So with a few mats on the floor we had Meditate at 1am in the morning, mainly staff but others who could not sleep in wheel chairs.
    You see Brandi you never know what can happen, when you put something on the net and this site, we are going to get some more recordings and try other ideas.
    Thank you, Four big Astral travel Hugs I am in mind if not in body. Love you John and his trees.
  • Awwe thats so freaking beautiful! So happy to hear that!!
    Huge hugs and positive vibes!!

Xoxo
    Brandi:)
  • [Deleted User]CuddleBandit (deleted user)
    I am going to take @Brandi advice and focus more on my hobbies. I do have hobbies and should focus more on them. Hope the best for this site. It has a lot of potential. First get the inactive profiles to become more active. If not then delete anything that has been dead for 6 months or more. Don't let BP hookers make this place their home. Assign some trusted members to police CC. Peace! 
  • Hello there, howdy, hey!
    Another great meditation to start my monday morning!!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nM4pwaE0p4 If anyone wants to join! this ones a tad different than the last video I shared. This one kept me really engaged the whole time! The first video I got really sucked into the drumming, and the man who was guided faded out a few times for me. I still really enjoyed but this second video really put me in a trance! it was almost mind blowing! lol
    Let me know what you guys think if you decide to give it a go! This one also is not 50 minutes, its about 30 minutes.
    Don't forget to grab a glass of water before starting! and get cozy! :)
    Happy Monday everyone!!
    huge hugs and positive vibes!

-Brandi <3

• [Deleted User]Dekooning (deleted user)
    @Brandi I always appreciate your contributions to the forums, thank you...
  •  I love this! I was just looking it over while I was curled up on the couch and started getting sucked in! I'm going to do this when  I'm laying down and see if I can completely zone out!  
  • Glad you like it hun! @dekooing :)

And heck ya girl do it!! I feel like it was almost a hypnosis lol
  • Really good stuff 
  • [Deleted User]Unknown (deleted user)
     I just did this last one and I passed the F out for more than 20 minutes! Now I'm going to go back and listen to it (and force myself to stay awake) so I can see what happened in that period of time. Clearly I am exhausted LOL 

• haha! omg! So glad you decided to give it a shot! <3
    Let me know what you think when you listen? 
  • Happy Friday everybody!
    Hope everyone is having a beautiful and safe weekend so far!
    If anyone would like start their weekend off with some self love; dedicate 36 minutes to take yourself to a magical place by listening to this video! :)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iMA3XBH9bc

Please let me know if you like this one! I found it to be extremely beautiful, and it really lifted my spirits :)
    Huge hugs and positive vibes to you!
    don't forget to grab a glass of water and a smile before you start! <3
    -brandi<3