We've been on the radio AGAIN!

edited January 2023 in General

The latest Cuddle Comfort media star is our own @MariannaH, who has been on BBC Three Counties radio. (Here in the UK the BBC has a national network of local radio stations, of which this is one.) It was on an early evening talk and music show.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0dv4r0r?partner=uk.co.bbc&origin=share-mobile
starts at 1:38:10

It's about ten minutes long and only going to be available online for about a month, so go and listen now. Marianna does an amazing job, in fact it's quite a touching listen.

Now I must go, I may have something in my eye.

Comments

• edited January 2023

Listening to it now, I think she did great! I was a little hesitant at the "confidence around women" comment, but she did a really good job at explaining the medical/chemical benefits.

Also GREAT details on boundaries, I adore cuddlers who confirm consent every new action and demand the same back.

• @tacpmurg I agree 100% about cuddlers who confirm consent. So important for building trust in this community.

• Thank you so much for sharing! This is what cuddle therapy is all about.

• edited January 2023

@tacpmurg I definitely have more confidence in intimate situations with women thanks to cuddling women professionals. In my case it's hard to say how much because it's mixed up with having more confidence in general. I didn't have a particular problem with this before, so a modest improvement doesn't make a big difference to anything, but it definitely helps.

However when I was an unsure young man, whose virtually only experience of women was rejection (usually brutal or confusingly ambiguous, which is much worse), it would have made a huge and possibly even profound difference. When I say profound I mean the difference between having a single and lonely life and having a happy marriage and children.

I think this is one of the areas where professional cuddling can have the greatest impact.

What made you hesitant?

• @CuddleDuncan It was a short comment and wasn't expanded on. The audience likely has no idea what cuddle therapy is, my fear is that they may make mental leaps to prostitution when they hear things like that.

As it is there are pros and enthusiasts who are hesitant to tell people in their lives about it because of that instant assumption.

• @tacpmurg ah yes I see what you mean.