πŸŒ„ SunsetSnuggles' Corner ✨️ (Encouragement) (UT, NV, & Europe)

Heya, cuddle buddies! πŸ€—

Inspired by some of the lovely Pro threads, I thought it would be nice to have a little enthusiast corner of my own to post travel notifications. ✈️ πŸš™

Mostly though, I intend to use this thread as a space to hold encouraging images/thoughts, and shine a light on mental health. I have been slowly adding favorites of this sort to the photos section on my profile, but I realized it would be more manageable if I could have a space dedicated specifically to this.

I am not one to think that everything needs to be positive and fake-happy. I have spent so many years of my life struggling with depression, anxiety, and other issues. β€οΈβ€πŸ©Ή I intend for this thread to be focused on the positive, but that isn't to pretend the darkness doesn't exist...it's simply to shift focus toward what we can do to help combat the darkness.

Mental health is part of our physical health, and struggling with it is not something to be ashamed of. We all have struggles, we all have pain, at some point we will all experience loss...these and so many other things affect our mental wellness and I would encourage anyone going through a difficult time to reach out for help, and don't give up.

Friends and family can be excellent resources, and my inbox is always open (though I am perpetually behind!) - but nothing can compare to engaging in professional counseling, really digging into your emotions, and finding resources and coping mechanisms to survive today and begin healing for tomorrow. πŸ“

If you are struggling, please reach out to a counselor, or your local hotline. 🫴🏻 Even if you don't have insurance, there are sliding scales and sometimes even free options out there for you. A Community Health Center is a great resource, if you are in a difficult financial situation. Don't let money keep you from taking care of yourself.

In the meantime, I hope my little contributions here may brighten someone's day, or give them something to ponder. So whether we've talked, met, cuddled, or not, feel free to skim this thread as I add to it, for a little splash of positivity and hopefully some helpful images and quotes regarding mental wellbeing. 🌱

Warm hugs to you all! Thanks for visiting my little corner of the message board. πŸ«‚

~ Sunset Snuggles

πŸ¦„ Enthusiast 🏞 Travel Fiend 🐘 Animal Lover

"Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better man." ~ Benjamin Franklin

P.S. I am not in the mental health field in any capacity; I just care.

Comments

• Starting off with these near and dear thoughts that I've had up in my profile...

~ Sunset Snuggles

"Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better man." ~ Benjamin Franklin

• ✈️ Regarding travel, I always add upcoming locations to my profile, and I have a section in my bio with all upcoming travel dates and info. πŸš™

πŸ—½πŸŒ† I head to New York before dawn, today! I armed myself with a Carhartt jacket last night, so I should be set! πŸ§₯

This is a very packed trip and I'm with family, so cuddle opportunities are very scarce, but I have appreciated those of you from New York and New Jersey who have reached out, this past month! I love the city and can't wait to be back - last time was 2018. 🎭 🚒 🚦

~ Sunset Snuggles

• Last year as well as this year, I was gifted beautiful and adorable daily tear-off calendars with cute little animals telling me uplifting things.

It can be hard to create positive self-talk for ourselves, but I have found it easier to listen to, when coming from a sweet animal who I can imagine cares about me. 🦭

I'll share from these calendars regularly, as the affirmations are great and the colorful art is just precious! 😍

~ Sunset Snuggles

• ~ Sunset Snuggles

• @lesmis33 πŸ«‚

Having an amazing, craaaazy busy time in New York! πŸŒƒ 🎸 🎑

~ Sunset Snuggles

• ~ Sunset Snuggles

• Flying home from New York, today! Had a fantastic time, though I was far too slammed with family adventures to meet up with any East Coast cuddlers. Have loved PMing with you all, though, and hope to connect with some of you, next time!

~ Sunset Snuggles

• ~ Sunset Snuggles

• ~ Sunset Snuggles

• From my daily calendar...

~ Sunset Snuggles

• ~ Sunset Snuggles

• "mental health is not a destination but a process" - @SunsetSnuggles

That was something I learned way too late in life. Controlling your emotions is not about whether or not you feel them or if something invokes one in you. Control of your emotions takes the form of distanced and measured reflection. Recognizing when something invokes that emotion and limiting your behavioral response is actual control of your emotions.

It is funny though. You'd think your mental health is a solely internal quandary, one disjoint from the outside world, but in reality it is more about the outside's world perception on how you are acting on your emotions that dictate "mental health." Mental health, simply put, is about forming behavioral controls to limit the actions one takes when feeling an emotion.

It is exhausting though to keep that level of control up. One of my favorite moments in cuddling is when you and another commit to a mutual exchange of emotional logorrhea. Just feeling and sharing with no other purpose above simple expression. It's honestly cathartic.

• This is like a mini Instragram/Blog page. lol Go Sunset!

• no more snuggle corner 😒

• @lesmis33 posted: "Recognizing when something invokes that emotion and limiting your behavioral response is actual control of your emotions."

Wise words, indeed. We can feel anger, for instance...even righteous, healthy anger...but acting it out through violence is a choice.

@Minestrone101 Thanks for the love! πŸ«‚ Sorry I vanished; I was very sick early this year, and then was traveling like a crazy person. After New York, I went to Colorado three more times, and Hawaii for the very first time!! πŸŒΊπŸ‹πŸŒ‹πŸŒŠ

Lots of fantastic memories made; also extreme exhaustion unlocked! πŸ˜†

I've been resting at home and recovering from a severe bout of depression and anxiety. 🌫 I hope to pick up where I left off, using this thread for encouragement (as well as travel updates), now that my own mental health is in a more stable place, again. 🀞🏻

~ Sunset Snuggles

• From my daily tear-off calendar...

~ Sunset Snuggles

• ~ Sunset Snuggles

• ✈️ Reminder on travel - I always add upcoming locations to my profile, and I have a section in my bio with all upcoming travel dates and info. πŸš™

Next up, I'll be passing through Salt Lake City, Utah, and spending time in Las Vegas, Nevada!

It's been fun catching up with some of you desert-dwellers the past few weeks. 🏜 Though this trip will be ultra-packed with numerous family events, I hope to have time to meet up with a few of you guys! πŸŒ†

~ Sunset Snuggles

• ~ Sunset Snuggles

• I love your mindfulness tip, though I'll never quite look at lavender the same way again.

• @HarleyGirlKate 🀭 Right? Couldn't resist adding a giggly one to the mix of serious-minded ones...

~ Sunset Snuggles

• ~ Sunset Snuggles

• ~ Sunset Snuggles

• ~ Sunset Snuggles

• ~ Sunset Snuggles

• ✈️ Reminder on travel - I always add upcoming locations to my profile, and I have a section in my bio with all upcoming travel dates and info. πŸš™

I'm hitting Utah and Nevada next, however...

🌍🌍🌍 I'm finally going overseas for the very first time!!! 🌍🌍🌍

My boyfriend and I will be traveling through:

Iceland
    Ireland
    Northern Ireland
    Scotland
    Wales
    England
    France
    Belgium
    The Netherlands

If you live in any of these areas, feel free to hit me up so we can get to know each other! 😊

I'm just interested in friends and cuddle buddies - not looking for places to stay, or anything non-platonic. Tons more detail in my profile, for anyone who may be interested. πŸ‘«πŸ»πŸ‘©πŸ»β€πŸ€β€πŸ‘©πŸΌ

~ Sunset Snuggles

• ~ Sunset Snuggles