Why is there such a disparity in price? (Price Mega Thread)

Comments

• @melancholy

“There’s a sucker born every minute” -PT Barnum

• Bumping up the price after you've already agreed to a session isn't good business, @BrianLopez. That's like going to a store, putting something in your basket, then the cashier says, "Oh, so many people buy this so the price is higher than what's on the tag." upon checkout.

I won't lie, it IS expensive to see a pro sometimes. The only thing you can do is see a pro that's in your budget (easy) or seek out non-pros (easier said than done). What with the prices increasing (on one cuddle site, I came across a pro that charged $250/hr), it can be difficult to find a regular cuddle buddy.

It can take a while, but with patience you can build a nice little group of people (non-pros) you can regularly cuddle with.

• I think for people who are more experienced it is correct for them to charge more, like @CuddlyAce is saying, find someone within your budget, or if the person you like to see is more expensive, see them less often.

Time is very valuable to everyone and there are human needs for interaction, but most of the time I would say finding someone on cuddlecomfort is much less expensive than other therapies.

For pros and non pros both we have to be HONEST about our prices and give quality service or else no one will come back! (and repeat business is my favorite type of business!)

• As a non pro, it's hard for me to imagine wanting to charge for cuddling. I wonder if it's THAT much better than what I do with folks?

• edited May 2019

It is pretty simple. Vote with your feet. I have found plenty of non-pros, and when I do use pros I have tried a couple of 100/hr or more pros and believe me, there is not a difference other than they want more money. Therefore, I draw a line in the sand at 80/hr which all my favorite pros tend to charge with maybe 1 or 2 exceptions.

Now I understand and do not fault anyone who tries to make as much as they can, but I worry about something else with the 100+ prices. Prices like that does feed the perception that cuddling is a front for prostitution. I have even heard someone say that. Therefore I will not feed that perception.

• Not having much experience with cuddling, but having a little with the world i agree 100% with @FunCartel on this one. Except for the fact i prefer not to use a pro at all. There is something for me that wants there to be a mutual benefit, and the exchange of money changes the dynamic all the way. I’m not faulting pros or those that use them, i have once it was great. I didn’t walk away feeling that i was a benefit other than monetarily. But if someone were to pay me, I’d take it quickly so i do get it, but i doubt Id be much of a draw, i can’t give it away now.

• I get it- I charge a little more, but I don’t charge for travel and I often have to pay tolls and am willing to drive about an hour for my clients. I also have to pay for a babysitter and the site fees...

So, keep in mind that just like with any other business the person has to walk away with a profit to make it worth their time.

• @nicolejames , it makes sense.

• Are people who pay more often looking for young attractive women? Just wondering. Maybe overweight, middle aged, saggy wisdom soaked women who are free don’t have the same appeal, lol! As a therapist I often see clients who I don’t personally like. I mean most I do, but it’s my job to see them. I wonder if I was paid to cuddle if I would see folks I didn’t like? I enjoy seeing only the folks I enjoy on multiple levels for cuddling.

• Professionals charging high prices are the only ones active in my area, its just sad.

• @Worthy It depends on the person. But I think you are putting people into boxes. I have found older women without a lick of sense and young women who are wiser than two older ladies put together. I judge it off the vibe I get because I find there are no hard and fast rules about people. I am also not surprised by anybody or anything anymore.

• @FunCartel you are right. Age doesn’t determine wisdom, insight or common sense.

• My apologies to young folks.

• edited May 2019

But see @nicolejames what you charge is pretty reasonable for a cuddling session, compared to other cuddlers I've seen--some prices stepping into the $120+ range. Like @KateKuddle pointed out, if someone has been in the cuddling game longer then it makes sense if they charge more as they have more experience cuddling--it IS an art form after all!

@Worthy and @melancholy bring up excellent points. Younger, more conventionally attractive women will charge more because they know they'll have clients (probably older) who are willing to drop that much green for a cuddle session. They go to where the business we can't really fault them for that business model. If I had a product that catered to a specific group of people I'd definitely charge a little bit more because I know despite the prices people are still going to pay for my service.

Don't get me wrong--it IS crazy expensive but that's just the nature of the beast. It all goes back to my first point. If someone is too expensive, seek out someone within your price range. Perhaps consider widening your search parameters--because if you choose to only cuddle with a very specific type of person yet wax poetic about the prices then that's on you.

There are also other places you can use to seek out non-professional cuddlers as well! Like I said it takes time to find a group of people who you connect with on that level who you can cuddle with. I used to use pros and then I built a tiny network of regular cuddlers. That took almost two years. If you're patient and persistent you'll find someone(s) soon enough!

• edited May 2019

@CuddlyAce I agree for the most part, but I disagree with your analysis that if they do it awhile pros raise prices. Most I have encountered do not. I do agree that if you are diligent you can accumulate a coterie of non-pros.

• [Deleted User]mdx71 (deleted user)

I don't blame anyone who charges the highest fee people are willing to pay but it does kinda seem over the top when a person charges over $100 then wants you to pay $40 for an uber. I know for lot's of people professional cuddling is perfect and that's great but the rising business part of it just kinda defeats the purpose for me a little bit.

• Like an above poster states ,sigh, another thread about pro's charging a lot. I've never understood this concern entirely. They can charge whatever they want. It's up to them. If they price themselves too high, they will know. I own a business. I'm not the highest or lowest in my services I offer. I constantly try to stay competitive. If I want to be the highest then I have to live with the consequences of that. Some good, some bad. If I'm lowest, then same thing. . But I tell you this, if you provide poor customer service, it doesn't matter what is charged, eventually it all evens out.

• Ohiomike obviously they can charge whatever they like. Doesnt mean everyone has to like it though.

• @melancholy

True, but what does making yet another thread about it accomplish?

• edited May 2019

I say let the reviews and word of mouth and personal experiences speak for themselves. That will ultimately dictate whether one has success on here, regardless of price. Just because someone charges more doesnt mean they offer sexual services, which i have seen implied and it is an insulting assumption. This is not a commodity transaction of goods, so people know ultimately what their time and energy and attention is worth to them so are free to and should be free to charge as they see fit. I understand that. I will say the ones with the barely there clothing and suggestive poses along with the vague profiles def raise red flags for me, and those are the ones that usually are reported to admin. I don't pay to cuddle so I don't really have a dog in this fight. However I do fully support the right of folks to charge as they wish. I cant say that charging to cuddle makes you any better at it. Sure folks can bring up certifications and training that is available, however even with that, it doesn't really make you any better at cuddling. And charging for a service does not mean you are a pro, just means you are paid to do something. I can pay my son to mow my lawn, but he is by no means a professional landscaper. And some folks may be in constant sales mode, and try to convince you that cuddling will cure all sorts of maladies and improve your well being in such a magical way that it borders on snake oil. Be this at it may, it doesn't take away from the amazing beautiful folks who are paid cuddlers on here, many of whom I speak with and some of whom I have met in the real world. I take no issue with them charging and I appreciate their presence on this site. If you cannot afford to pay someone, or cannot afford what one particular person is charging, try to find someone in your budget, or try finding someone who doesn't charge to cuddle. But being upset about it or harboring resentment wont change anything.

• This is great. I’m going to start a new thread on this topic!

• [Deleted User]CharlesTwisted (deleted user)

Sorting by price fixes most of these complaints.

• "you can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can't please all of the people all the time" ...John Lydgate

Shoot! probably should have put this in the quote thread!

• I'm putting everything into place to hit the road cuddling RV style SOON. I'm looking at $125/hr for the first hour and $75/hr for each additional hour. No additional travel costs. I really feel for people on the costs of this service, and wish I could make it more affordable, but I just can't in good conscious go any lower =( I really try my best to come up with different options to help people, while still being respectful of my own time, but I'm less likely to try to work with someone if I don't feel that they respect me and my worth :-/

• edited June 2019

@pmvines, Thank you! These assumptions is one of the main reasons of wanting to quit cuddling sometimes, truly.

@mdx71, let's apply the math to real life. We'll assume that I pay for my own travel expenses. I charge $100 for an hour, a person is in a suburb and I can't drive, alas. And Uber just one way is plus-minus $50, not a preferred option, obviously. So I take a suburb train and when already there, an Uber from the train station. About $25-30 one way, $50-60 for both directions. $100 minus $50 (we'll take the best case), minus $15 of the company cut (15%). About 1-1.5 hour on the train, 2-3 hours of total travelling. Plus the actual cuddling hour, with additional 20-30 min or so for hellos and goodbyes just because it's natural. 3.5-4.5 hours for a whooping 35 bucks. That's $7.5-10 per hour, roughly. And we took the best case. Yeah! Easy money. What's the minimum wage again? And that's before taxes. A-a-awesome.

Oh, and to make it even more realistic, the client asks for more than cuddling (we'll go with the worst case here) - because yes, it is assumed often. Because, you know, there is this, although stereotypical, but very, very real deep-voiced "I can pay you more," as well as smirky "The last girl did it." You'd be surprised how often I've heard that. It's amazing! Same exact wording. "Aww. Do you always follow the rules? Come on. Don't you need money??" First, it's not even about the rules anymore - I have my own boundaries. And second, it's not all about money. Cuddling is a side-kick in my case, a fun, refreshing, fulfilling one that also pays - what can be better! Only walking the dogs. Which is the worst case that actually becomes the best one - because it pays $13-14 per hour. Ha! And dogs are honest. If they walk around, it's for the sole purpose - to poop. Otherwise, very direct creatures - they just bite :lol:

And just a side note, because it's relevant. At this forum's FAQ, the Website section, there is a question about how this website is funded. "The main revenue is from fees paid by professionals. The vast majority goes straight back into developing the website." Boom. :tongue:

Go, girls! It's a free world.
    And go, guys! You have so much more to offer than money. Just comprehend it on a deeper level and you'll see that, yeah, it's a free world. Loving one.

Cheers!

• This is not brain surgery. If the lady charges $125/hr you can either pay $125/hr or not even hiring her costs $0/hr. Easy.

• In my opinion, the difference in prices is more for the pros. The more the man pays, means he makes enough to afford it, so we chose a higher price to attract that audience. Ive had no problem with the prices I set, but when I meet with them my attitude and cuddling experiences always satisfy my cuddlers. However I do get the occasional bargain cuddler and I dont mind working with their budget. But I personally, live in Silicon Valley, most my cuddle buddies are Tech people and they make good money here and dont mind spending it.

• edited July 2019

A person charges what they feel they are worth. I cuddled before I ever joined a few cuddle sites. At $75 an hour I get enough interest to have clients every single day. I don't want to cuddle everyday. It drains you! I can't provide the quality that my clients deserve.

At $100 an hour I can focus saved up energy on the clients who desire to be around me the most. I know I am worth every penny. My clients agree 100% that I am worth every penny! I've met men who worked fast food and men who ran businesses. If they are not making much, they will find the money. If they are wealthier, they will just see me more often.

I'm cultured, know multiple languages, have been to over 40 states and multiple countries, can cook dishes from around the world, and I have mastered many topics that appeal to people in my niche. I can discuss art, business, travel, education, psychology, philosophy, literature, biology, engineering, architecture, medicine. As a medical professional, I am also cheap medical care! Ha ha ha. I will take the time to dive really deeply into the mind of each client, find out how they tick, and go out of my way to meet their individual needs. I am sweet, cute, adoring, funny, bubbly, imaginative, curious, and a great friend. If one of my regular clients texted me sick, broken down, and penniless saying they needed me for comfort, I would be there.

A man willing to drive 4 hours and pay $100 an hour is showing me that I am a priority, and that makes me committed to making him my number 1 priority for as long as he needs me. He's not just some client, he's not just money, he is a man willing to go above and beyond. I am a woman willing to go above and beyond. That is how I find clients that match my personality. Think of it in terms of languages of love for friends. My language of love is acts of service. The more a person goes out of their way for me (or even for others such as children, animals, patients) the more they interest me in general.

In the meanwhile, I have more free time to focus on my family, education, work, travels, and life experiences.

On top of charging your worth, there's hazard pay. I go into a stranger's home, and women are murdered everyday by strangers. This job can be extremely risky. I consider the money to be something my family can remember me by if I don't make it home...

Not to mention the health hazards that I don't even deal with in the medical field where we wear gloves and various forms of PPE (protective gear) to avoid contagions. How many other jobs involve full body embracing from head to toe? It's certainly a risk.

Interestingly, in my experience, the clients who have wanted my prices reduced have also wanted sexual services. Telling a man he pays $100 up front and I will walk out that door if he crosses the line is an excellent way to protect my body. It is a high enough price to make them think twice if I say, "Final Warning." Men who agree to this easily tend to be far more respectful.

These are my personal thoughts and experiences. I am an oddball, so I doubt they explain most of the high prices. In some areas cost of living differences may play a part.

• edited July 2019

It's just funny the contrast. The above comment versus my struggle to be as affordable as I can be without forcing me to work so many hours that my focus and attention drops. It's not that I don't think I'm worth it, but not everyone can afford another $100+/month. That's a fact. I don't want someone who genuinely needs the service to have added stress pulling together their rent in order to make themselves a priority (and notice I said themselves and not me; this is not about me) I don't see people with higher budgets as the only ones prioritizing me, but rather people supporting my business so I can continue doing it and finding a way to be able to help those with lower budgets (people with higher budgets tend to do overnights or longer sessions and are very reliable in seeing me on each monthly visit, which is immensely helpful in my continuing my services).

Every time I talk about this subject on this forum, I remember my motivation and my passion. It makes me really think about my price and see if there's any way that I can offer any lower options (I want a good low priced option and a solid valued higher option, to cover both types of budget, and everything in between). I am always brainstorming how I can help more of the people who really need the services while still covering my needs. Anyway, both business model and mindsets are perfectly valid, but I can be all but certain that the clients we attract are completely different... 😕

• I think describing my post as a diatribe, a forceful and bitter verbal attack against someone or something, was a pretty harsh term to use. My post was in no way negative towards anyone or anything. It respectfully listed my logic in detail. As you say, both mindsets are perfectly valid. I don't see this as a business. I am looking for genuine, lifelong connections. Even in my personal life I hold my own friends to the same standards. I would not lower my standards for money.

As for who we attract.... who knows? I don't discriminate. If a respectful person wants to cuddle and books me, then they get me 100%. I like everyone, ha ha. I have met people in every walk of life while cuddling.

I have great motivation and passion, but I also have many other responsibilities in life. EMT's work 12-16 hour shifts where I live. Studying for school takes up a great deal of time. I have tenants and their needs to juggle. Multiple properties and households need my care and attention. Not to mention family and friends who also need my love and attention as well. Prioritizing is very important. I take pride in everything I do, and this is my compromise to balance my life in a way that benefits everyone entering it. Everyone gets 100%. If this were a full time job, then I might handle it differently. Instead, it's something I make time for. I move all other responsibilities around to make a session happen for a client. If someone doesn't see the value in my life, or the effort I put forth, then they really weren't meant for me. And, that is absolutely okay. They will find one of many people who meet their standards, and I will have saved my energy for the right person who should be entering my life.

Personally, I have considered hiring other cuddlers while traveling. If I find a profile that clicks, then the price does not matter. I want who I want, and I will go out of my way to cuddle that person and only that person. I'm not a bargain shopper, and I don't want to just feel like a commodity. That would entirely turn me off of cuddling.