Why is there such a disparity in price? (Price Mega Thread)

Comments

• Lol. Wrong word. For sure. Will edit. 🤣 My apologies.

• FYI, I had my largest grossing month across all platforms last month, but considering all hours I spent "working" (admin, communication, travel, cuddling, etc), my effective hourly was just $22. That's the reality of our rates 😉 So as a professional who has been doing this for almost 1.5 years, trained with two different businesses, engaged in several related educational classes, seen almost 50 different people, and amassed almost 300 hours of cuddling, I make effectively $22/hr.

• [Deleted User]NCCUDDLES (deleted user)

I too have been in the cuddle business for 4 years. I average after all time invested. About 20.00 Per hour. There is a lot of behind the scenes that people don't see or understand. In reality, you pay for the professionalism and dedication to what we do.

• Im a newbie here but..i have done well super well in just one hour...all professional. I lost my mom to cancer so i benefit from the connection

• [Deleted User]Alohat (deleted user)

I charge more because my time is valuable to me. I make sure my session is amazing so and I don’t need the money I actually am interested in cuddling charging more cuts out the children.

• My price is firm... I know who I am and my worth. (I’m not saying that people who charge less aren’t worthy) I charge what I do because I am giving all of my energy to my clients... I am not only bringing on cuddles, I am bringing my ears to listen, my heart to feel, my contagious smile, wise words and vivacious personality all wrapped up and ding dong at your service! I am firm with this price because how am I supposed to give if I am not at 100% myself... if I knew I wasn’t capable of this, I wouldn’t be a pro.

as stated above by multiple female pros, we do have people who “try it” there are people who do things that almost cross the line (maybe their arm just keeps grazing over your breast “by mistake”, or they ask you to remove an article of clothing because it would make them just that much more comfortable, yes this is NOT allowed per our contract) and of course we brush it off as a mistake, or playfully decline their request. But deep down It really bothers us! Not to mention being a woman entering unknown territory.....our safety is absolutely paramount! Of course we don’t want to live our lives thinking this way, and yes this is a cuddle website but you truly never know someone’s true intentions.

Also, this helps weed out people who aren’t serious.. I spend a lot of time with vetting potential clients and just because they are willing to pay for this service doesn’t mean I will automatically cuddle them.

There is a lot of mental and physical energy being put into these sessions (before and the latter) in order to make my client feel amazing and I think it is safe to say that we are allowed to charge as we please.

“Don’t sell based on inventory. Inventory based on who you want to sell.

A lot of people sell homes. They all have structure. Location, size, style, function, benefit, community, who stays (and leaves)...totally different. You can sell or do anything at a premium. It may be a home, but the type of clientele you work with is a choice.

Don’t sell based on inventory. Inventory based on who you want to sell.”
    Richie Norton

• Also yes I know we aren’t selling homes here, lol but I thought the quote somewhat ties in to what the discussion is about.

• [Deleted User]CharlesTwisted (deleted user)

I’m always a bit surprised, and a bit dismayed, how many of a professional cuddler’s skills are simply being a good human.

That there are seemingly so few good humans that people can charge to be one...

• With all the warning signs of an impending recession on display in Wall St, it will be interesting to see where rates will go when a recession hits and disposable income evaporates for many.

Beyond that this thread is pretty predictable—pros rationalizing what they charge, those who struggle financially bemoaning the cuddle rates, and both not really talking to each other. Kind of a miracle that anyone gets cuddles other than the ones who come over from Backpage for their fun. I just do not see the point of an entire thread where complaining about it is the practice du jour. The whole pro concept is very easy—you either pay it or you do not use the service....like, gulp, most services.

• @CharlesTwisted I'm right there with you. My whole life has been less popular guys noticing and liking me just because I'm nice and talk to them. It's a really sad testament to society in general. Everyone deserves to be seen.

As I start doing more traveling, I really need part of my effort to be finding other decent human beings, so people I find who are in need can continue getting that support. I can't be everywhere for everyone and I know there are others out there who are decent human beings 😞 Somewhere...

• @Cuddlekittykat I fully agree with you. I am a professional who charges 100 an hour. I value my time and my gift. I find it completely disrespectful to send me a message without a picture, expecting me to open my home all for fifty bucks after weeks or back and forth. I have been a host before but in my opinion, most feel more comfortable in their own homes. If you are complaining that I charge what I do but do not host, maybe ask yourself why it is you are not host.. married and not being honest? As a professional a session with me is more than the hundred. I am kind and open, making humans feel right at home with me. I never check the time or treat anyone less than a friend. I have helped with divorce, social anxiety and depression. So in my opinion when you pay my fee, you are paying for both of us to feel safe and loved. Time is valuable. To the ones complaining, if you ever made a decent connection you would find most will give discounts and prices tend to drop/change with routine and continued connections.

• @Amburt Such a critical diatribe. Too bad you were banned. Lol

• edited September 2019

With all the warning signs of an impending recession on display in Wall St, it will be interesting to see where rates will go when a recession hits and disposable income evaporates for many.

@FunCartel Yes, it's an interesting curiosity. One open question is whether professional cuddling is a luxury or more analogous to the spa industry. The latter can reportedly hold fairly strong in a recession as people seek relief closer to home over say a big holiday abroad.

• Not paying 250 for a freakin cuddle session thats crazy

• [Deleted User]Mew (deleted user)

This has me thinking about changing my rates. Cuddle Comfort made me put in a rate and it says the average is 80, but maybe I should lower it?

• @Mew, not a bad idea to start lower than average when first starting 😊

• @Mew Yes, Uber's not wrong. Most professionals with training or certification start out at $80. For me, I started from the bottom, so I've gone up from $30 to $60 as I learned and was mentored. I won't be raising my prices anytime soon till I have that training, and even then, I still might not unless I've increased the amount of supplies, time, and energy it takes to provide.

But ultimately, do what you feel comfortable with.

• [Deleted User]evevanity (deleted user)

I thought Cuddlers charging up to 250 was too much until I realize that women Cuddler have to deal with creeps, boundary pushing clients, time wasters that expect you to message them back and forth all day, travelling back and forth so you are not even getting paid for the actual total cuddling time. I remember having a client book for 1 hours, which 80 dollars. He lived across the city, and by the time I got to him and came back home, I had spent almost 4.5 hours. All of that for 80 dollars. And not to talk of Cuddlers reporting sexual assault while on the clock.

I am thinking of increasing mine as well.

• @evevanity I like staying affordable for people with lower budgets. I compensate that with being very strict in my boundaries and being vocal about it. A lot of people screen themselves out and I never see them. I see only a small portion of people who I talk to. People with bigger budgets book longer sessions or overnights and help keep me solvent and available for those with lower budgets who can only book short sessions. Even still I do very few sessions less than 1.5 hours. I still wish I could be more affordable for some people, but I do what I can. In the end, of the people who want to spend as little money as possible, most of those people just don't value the work or the session and they're not ideal clients anyway. I have one sliding scale client who very much appreciates and needs it, he just honestly can't afford more. That's the rarity. 😕

• Hello
    I just wanted to make awareness that the pro cuddlers charges fee r insane the rates they r charging r more then a doctor which is mostly like 60$ hr to the most. This rates like 100$ hr or 80$ just to cuddle with someone is inhumane and very rude. Cuddling should be a minimum as it's gets to cuddle someone because it's a affection thing not u need to pay like 100$ hr. This is affecting men and women both because men r paying so much to cuddle with this women that women thinks they don't need to date a man women r getting like they r sometthibg high because men r paying 100$ hr. This affecting women mental health and men too men haveing a bad low self esteem due to this. But I am talking about the cuddle sites not everywhere this is going on but only in the cuddle site circle. But u wanted this site's to grow because cuddling is such a nice thing but due to this I am afraid if this cuddle sites grows it I'll be really bad for humans future. But if it's grow like with a humane cuddle charge for pro cuddlers like 20 or 30 the most per hr charge that's will be good and I'll support it but not like this 100$ hr which going on and it's completely wrong.

• Am I the only one that wishes spell check didn't exist ?

• It's just a matter of perspective. I will play a "free to play" game, that you can technically unlock everything in the game for free given enough time. I once purchased $10 in-game to buy an item that would allow me to advance faster and easier.

The players I was competing against in the game would tell me if I had just put in the 6 hours of time into it, I could have gotten it for free as they did. I must be a loser to have to pay money for it.

I could take an extra shift at work to earn an extra $100 in the same time it took to earn that item. The guys wasting 6 hours of their day to earn a $10 item didn't make sense to me. But maybe they have a lot more free time on their hands than I do.

Everything costs something, you either pay with money, or you pay with time. I see people posting on here how they have spent weeks or months of time looking for "free cuddles". For some people, it costs less spending $100 for a quick cuddle rather than spending days looking for and convincing someone to cuddle with them.

When you are doing searches on this site, you can turn on the "Hide Pro" filter to see people offering cuddles without a price. But be aware that there are a lot more men than women here, and you will have a lot more competition to get their attention which you will have to invest more time in.

Don't think of pro's charging money as a waste, it's all just time management in the end. Pro's save people lots of time in addition to the services they provide. And time can be very valuable.

Time or money, there is always a cost for everything in life.

• Think how much a good massage therapist is to help you out. A pro cuddler could be similar honestly for the benefit they provide, they have a bit more risk and stigma also so it makes sense. While I as a generic consumer would prefer a little bit less I dont disagree with a $1 a minute at bare minimum. More for more personable or better skilled, less availability, regions, etc. that said I haven't yet met with a pro but I have hopes of them? I guess.

• In order to practice as an LMT (Licenced Massage Therapist) in my locality, a person must be certified by the State. It requires 700 hours of training and takes around 10 months of study. You have to be a legal US resident and be fingerprinted and undergo a background check. The licencing fee is $217 and must be renewed yearly. There is a strict code of conduct. As an LMT if any complaints are filed against you, they can be officially investigated and your licence can be suspended or revoked. LMTs charge about $50 to $80 per hour. Possibly more if they work in a fancy spa but then the spa takes a significant cut. In order to become a pro cuddler on this site, you don't need any background check, training or certification.

• Just because you don't agree with a charge for something doesn't make it cruel or inhumane or rude as OP asserts, Projecting your personal problem about something doesn't make it truth. There is something for everybody. From folks who don't charge to folks who charge way more than what most people can and are willing to pay. Pick what suites you. Just don't get all whiney over it.

• While massage therapists generally have much more certification requirements, again the personal risk or uncertainty is also much greater for cuddles. Theres also a difference between freelance and as mentioned working under another business that takes a cut. (I'm not very aware on the differences here)
    I was focusing more on perceived value of service than certification, and sure, requirements is a different comparison that is uneven. So it all seems subjective based on personal values imo

• Another forum topic complaining about prices. At least I think it's a complaint about prices... hard to tell. @bigben you are not the only one LOL

• I will admit I was also surprised at first at how much pro cuddlers charge. It seems that just by being a woman and being a generally pleasant person to be around, one’s time is worth as much as someone who’s spent years in school and/or training. So I am not completely unsympathetic to feeling some degree of resentment about this.

That said, price is determined by many factors, including demand. People can charge $100/hr because others are willing to pay that. Including me.

In any case, it’s not inhumane or rude for people to charge whatever they want (although I do know at least one cuddler who charges less than the going rate to make sure more people can afford her).

• Perhaps this should be moved to the general gripes and grievances thread