Cuddle Comfort Radio (What are you listening to?)

Comments

• [Deleted User]daylightsdream (deleted user)

@Catloaf ::waving hello and appreciating your appreciation::

@pmvines I'm sorry. I didn't mean to leave that impression. It's more a "I like what I like" sort of thing. It was easy to use to get my job done then. I'm one of those people who operates mostly on how I feel- what do I feel like wearing today? What to I feel like listening to right now? That night, it was musicals. And, yes, I own those I mentioned but .... for reasons. Last night is was strictly Erasure, and the songs "Rio" and "Everybody Wants to Rule the World," or nothing. What goes on in my head is heavy enough. I'd love to see the Blue Man Group or Stomp live but I don't want to be bound to my seat because they make me want to move. My groove thang? It must be shaken. The heaviest I've gotten of late when it comes to music has been Imagine Dragon's "Believer" and Disturbed's remake of "Sound of Silence." Layers. I'm'a gonna always love something with layers.

Today I offer up:

Some Townes Van Zandt 'cause I have some achy things to wade through and he's good for that.

And one more cause the "Fiddler on the Roof" thing pmv mentioned made think of her:

• [Deleted User]DarrenWalker (deleted user)

I'm currently listening to the Stalker Song (a parody of Happy Together, which I've heard way too often since I started working with a local watchmaker who likes a certain oldies station). The parody exaggerates so many of the creepy things in all those old songs into something no longer subtle enough to disregard. It's great.

• edited March 2019

Severed, by Venus in Aries.

• edited March 2019

@pmvines Your Townes Van Zandt made me immediately think of Nanci Griffith who did a fantastic cover of Van Zandt’s “Tecumseh Valley.”
    But I love her cover of John Prine’s “The Speed of the Sound of Loneliness” just as much. Both are on the same album.

• Stripped and Whipped, by Pig, is one of the best remix albums in ages.

At the moment, I'm enjoying long mixes as background for whatever I'm reading or doing—for example, this 50-minute "Sleeping Holy Sword" mix.

• [Deleted User]Zundar (deleted user)

A little bit of this.

And a little bit of that.

At the moment, "This Cold Night."

I've had it on loop for a while. It's surprisingly catchy!

• So i had ignored this thread before now, but i decided to add what I’m listening to today. Now i don’t listen to music much, but I’m a podcast listener. Sometimes about music but most about other topics. It’s basically my attempt to learn and be enlightened on others thoughts. Today i heard something i wanted to share. So if you have a few minutes actually 20. Some of you may have some podcasts or audiobooks to share, I’ll start looking for those.
    https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-breakdown-with-shaun-king/id1457725100?i=1000436831864

• [Deleted User]CharlesTwisted (deleted user)

I find it wonderfully satisfying to cuddle while listening to Eleanor Rigby on loop...

Who says irony can’t be pleasant?

• "Think" by KALEIDA is a nice, chill song I love.

• I played a J. S. Bach set at my group cuddle last night. It was appreciated.

• Right now watching Daughters live online. Crazy energy and crazy singer equals crazy show

• Kim Wilde - "Blade Runner" 1982

https://youtu.be/M8ySZ8j5_p8

• Sharon Van Etten

• [Deleted User]FitCuddles (deleted user)
    edited May 2019

J.S. Bach Cello Suites

• Hey i thought this might be a helpful song for a lot of people. Based on reading other forum topics, it happened to come on!
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=DqYWMOD5aNs

Thanks to Zundar, I'm listening to a lot of songs by TheFatRat. I'm really liking Time Lapse, but Fly Away and The Calling are loop-worthy too. Thanks, @Zundar!

• @DarrenWalker @Zundar Oh my gosh, I freaking LOVE TheFatRat!! Monody and Unity are a couple of my favorites ^^

• The Sound Of Silence

• edited May 2019

Haymaker - First to Die

Judas Priest - Breaking the Law

Michale Graves - Dig Up Her Bones

Misfits - Dig Up Her Bones acoustic cover

Misfits - Dig Up Her Bones (cover)

Social Distortion's "Don't Drag Me Down" (ukulele cover)

• edited May 2019

• edited May 2019