I'm irked and by golly you are going to hear about it!!

edited October 2020 in General

Just giving a shout out to all the folks who make a thread every time something bothers them. Whether that be someone not messaging them , not cuddling them the right way , said something that bothered them, or posted a pic that they dont like . Bonus fist bumps for those who post pics , links , and usernames of said irker. We wouldnt want to not have the tools needed to gossip about them and invade their privacy, as is the way it should be when one does not get their way and things dont go the way they would like it to go. No need for adulting on a site like this after all , right ?

Β«13456789

Comments

• @pmvines Hahahaha!!!! Way to funny and true!!! There have been many posts and by many people about the topics that you discussed above. I tend to handle my site adversity much different but these sad posts can be very entertaining/humorous.

• @pmvines
    I'm irked by you starting a new thread, complaining that you are irked by people starting a new thread, to complain that they are irked. πŸ˜€

I was thinking of starting a new thread, to air my irk at your new thread, but I think that would be ridonkulous.

• I think as adults, we should engage in more adultery.

• edited October 2020

@FishCuddles yeah , I'm obviously annoyed by it as I feel it is a bit childish and often times crosses the line with the links , usernames , photos etc all cus they are bothered about something but hopefully people will recognize the tongue in cheek sarcasm and not get all hurt over it.

• [Deleted User]MillieR (deleted user)
    edited October 2020

@geoff1000 holy hell 🀣🀣 very true

• Henry Ford complained, "Why is it every time I ask for a pair of hands, they come with a brain attached ?"

I was a bit upset when my memory foam pillow opened a CC account to complain that I wasn't being sufficiently attentive.

I also thought it was a bit rude of The Invisible Man not having a profile photo. He seemed like a decent guy, but I saw right through him.

• @pmvines Yes, I totally get you and have thought the same many times before.

• I have to admit the thread title was utterly irresistible

• [Deleted User]creedhands (deleted user)

I really feel a synonym for "anger" should have two syllables. "Irk" is just not a natural substitute. I would like to petition to rename the thread as it does not sit right with me. Anger, bother, annoy, even pet peeve would work.

• πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• @pmvines is utterly irresistible. :D

• [Deleted User]lovelyhugs (deleted user)

I don’t mind it so much ... venting moments. We are not perfect and really is just another way of getting help in processing their feelings... good or bad. Plus.....😏

I’m far from perfect... I say that because sometimes find it really humorous or mildly entertaining especially if what is being said is surprisingly clever... so sue me πŸ€·πŸ½β€β™€οΈ.

But... actually calling out your cuddle buddy by their username to vent about a private conversation or cuddle session that went awry is horrible. No bueno! Never read anything like that. Closest I have seen to that is when others are putting other profiles on blast for being lewd or against guidelines.

• Non-irks:
    1. I like that complaining about another's complaining doesn't mean you're a complainer.
    2. I like that hating haters doesn't mean you're a hater.

Irks:
    1. Not much else works out like that. ‴️
    2. A word replacement's syllables doesn't indicate or correspond to the level to which it is...
    Irked/Miffed/Vexed- level one?
    Angered - level two?
    Impatient - level three?
    Exasperated/Irritated - level four?
    Harumph ~ Nope!

😏 @creedhands ~ This particular irksomeness test brought on by your, "two syllables" comment, followed by me wanting to do some wordsmithery, but ultimately being too tired and only coming up with the above nonsense before giving up (so basically failing at a task I invented for myself)... 🀣 ~ lol

I nearly have the necessary 100 signatures necessary for the petition, but I have 3 non-assenters giving me problems. Can anyone tell me how to link their profile to this conversation so I can call them out on it?

@creedhands ...snort 😏

• @quixotic_life
    It would be much easier to have "newspeak" of 1984 : ungood, plus ungood, double plus ungood. Then we could understand emphasis mathematically. 😊

3.,When the killing of baby seals for their fur was big in the news, comedian Steve Martin appeared on a talk show, and asked the host if he liked his new suit, explaining,
    "It's made from the skin of a baby seal . . . . - hunter".
    We fine people who steal, and imprison people who kidnap. It's OK to fight fire with fire.

An elderly priest was preaching the Seven Deadly Sins, and was later asked how many souls he thought he had saved. "A good few, maybe hundreds, and I've no plans to stop".
    The church-goer said, "Don't you think that's greedy ?"

@pmvines honestly, β€œ...by golly...” already already had already tickled my funny bone. Nobody says thatπŸ˜‚πŸ‘πŸ½

• One of my pet peeves is people using the term pet peeves. Isn't a pet peeve something you only would have one of and not multiple examples of? Just sayin'......

• [Deleted User]DarrenWalker (deleted user)

@spuds: I suspect peeves may be like tribbles. You adopt one of them and the next thing you know you're like a crazy cat lady, but with peeves for pets.

• Ooh I want to name my next pet peeve now ! Here is my pet iguana or my pet turtle or my pet cat . Their name is peeve. Dont irk them or I am gonna sick @ceeedhands and @spuds after ya !!

• edited October 2020

@lovelyhugs sometimes you gotta let out your inner Ned Flanders

@quixotic_life what happens to the syllable system when the blood-boiling meter is overloaded and words no longer will do. Just grunts, sizzling steam, or sounds like those of the shrieking eels (which always grow louder when they are about to feed on human flesh!)

• By golly 🀣🀣🀣

• The wordsmithery is strong here, @quixotic_life

• I would add in "bothersome" (level 3), "aggravating" (level 4), and "exasperating" (level five).

Sign me up for @creedhands' petition. "Irk" needs more bite.

Thank you, @pmvines for starting this thread. I needed a good guffaw today after a much anticipated cuddle session got cancelled. I think I may have to start a thread myself...

And thanks to the rest of you who have brightened my spirits today.

• The only way the thread title could be improved would be by using "by gum" instead of "by golly."

Apologies to any hillbillies I may have offended.

• The North England phrase "E ba gum" is Mugabe backwards.