FYI, and a 10-song Cuddle Play List Challenge (through 02/25) ♪♫♪♪♫

edited February 2021 in General

You'll be in good hands the next five days while I'm offline. As always, behave on the forums, report inappropriate content/users, and practice kindness when/wherever you can.

When I get back this Thursday, I'll have some major down time and instead of combing through the bahzillion songs you all have posted on the music threads, I thought I'd ask a favor and challenge here:

Post your TEN song Cuddle play list. Please include the artist/group's name and name of the song. For extra credit and karma and my gratitude, post a sentence or two or three of why these specific songs, and what they mean to you. Preemptive thanks to you all.

Comments

• Brilliant idea for a thread! I will have to think long and hard on that one to narrow it down to ten.

• [Deleted User]squeakytoy (deleted user)

Enjoy your time off, @Sideon !! We'll see you Thursday!

• [Deleted User]Mmart (deleted user)

@Sideon Very difficult to pick ten but these were chosen because of the variety in voice and they put me in a caring, compassionate mood for cuddling.

1. Let It Go Matt Morris
    2. Amsterdam Gregory Alan Isakov
    3. Fade Into You Mazzy Star
    4. Wildflowers The Wailin Jennys
    5. Better Than Love Griffin House
    6. Better Than A Dream Katie Melua
    7. Let Her Go Passenger
    8. Go On Basia Bulat
    9. When We Were Younger SOJA
    10. Smile The Jayhawks
  • Roslyn BonIver
    Khruangbin - all albums

1. Time in a bottle. Jim Croce
    2. Across the universe Beatles
    3. Prelude in A major. Fred Chopin
    4. Blue bayou. Linda Ronstant
    5. River flows in you. Yiruma
    6. Smoke gets in your eyes Platters
    7. #9 Dream. John Lennon
    8. Gymnopedie. Erik Satie
    9. Since I don’t have you. Skyliners
    10. Wonderful tonite. Eric Clapton
  • It might be just me, but I find the idea of playing music while cuddling to be properly weird. It's like playing background music while you're listening to music.

(Sometimes my cuddle partners want to play massage background type musical sounds, and I'm very happy to let them. It's quiet, and my brain quickly filters it out as irrelevant background noise so it doesn't matter. I can also see that it can be useful in smoothing out the soundscape if you are in a noisy environment with traffic or neighbours or something.)

@CuddleDuncan
    I understand your feeling about music during a cuddle. However, for me, specific music adds a level of comfort and relaxation to the cuddling experience. Just loud enough to be heard yet soft enough for conversation.

• @Mmart I concur. Some of my favorite music was introduced to me by cuddle partners. Stuff I never thought I would listen to.

@FunCartel
    I have had those same experiences while cuddling as well as all the posts on the thread regarding what music are you listening to.

• Bring on the song lists. Please. And pretty please.