No contacts

[Deleted User]bigshow (deleted user)

Gave it a try for a month and haven't had any lyck... is there anywhere you go to ask for potential customers? Thanks

Comments

• [Deleted User]DarrenWalker (deleted user)
  • edited February 2021

@bigshow, history teaches us that male professional cuddlers who cuddle women attract very few clients. One day, somebody will be the first successful professional cuddler of that kind, and who knows, it might be you.

Success will require a lot of thoughtfulness, a lot of self-education, and a lot of reflection. And a lot of work, obviously.

A three line profile isn't going to cut it. Most of the successful female professionals have several paragraphs. As a start, read a couple of dozen of them carefully, see what the patterns are, and copy them. The patterns I mean, not the profiles. For example, they all use proper written English.

Use the forum search function box to read relevant posts by a user called @Importance. She is no longer here, but she repeatedly and explicitly talked about her desire to find a male professional. If you check the FAQ thread you will find an unsupported method for finding a particular user's posts.

• Very nice response @CuddleDuncan.

• If I were a woman looking for a professional male cuddler he would have to be about 25 years old, ridiculously hot and in excellent physical shape, tall 6’2” ish, and have the charm and personality of brad Pitt in oceans 11.

• @littermate thank you.

I'm really keen for there to be successful male professionals. Sadly, I've yet to see one aspirant who is willing to do even 1% of the work required to have a chance.

• I have some ideas about what it would take, just based on what I might pay for and what I think a number of women are looking for when they come on this site. And I think it would take some work as well as some good starter raw material in the fellows who might like to do it. Nourishing, nurturing, safe, loving, emotion-friendly fellows with some knowledge of what women carry and are looking for would be good for starters. Then how to actually convey the trustworthy nourishing solid good dudeness is the other thing. I'd like to see a few myself. Here's an option to getting ghosted, grabbed, groped, mauled, sexualized, assessed for babe appeal for those who can afford it. I think there might be a market myself but it's got to not just be someone who throws up a Pro sticker and waits for us to show up 'cause we ain't gonna without some particulars being attended to.

• [Deleted User]bigshow (deleted user)

Thank you for the honesty....appreciate it... we'll regroup and see where it goes....

• [Deleted User]squeakytoy (deleted user)
    edited February 2021

I think it's worth mentioning that for a lot of the women on here, safety is their primary concern when meeting up with someone. A lot of us have put up with awful behavior during cuddling sessions with men (see: groping, sexual coersion), and I've seen women on the forums mention that they'd be willing to pay a male pro if it felt like a guarantee that they wouldn't have to deal with that behavior. Hell, I would, and I normally don't cuddle men anymore!

If you come across as safe and genuinely kind, with a professional attitude, that's probably the key to breaking into the market. I mean, if a male pro's profile seems exactly like the male enthusiast ones in his area, why would a woman take the same risk as she would meeting anyone else and pay for it, on top of that?

Edit: Oops, looks like @littermate beat me to a lot of these points :sweat_smile:

Edit 2: Almost forgot. Good luck @bigshow ! I'm also hoping to see successful male pros on here.

I can see that squeakytoy....I saw somewhere that maybe meet for a cup of coffee before and get a feel for the person...I know for me it's strictly to make money but u still have to respect what the other person thinks of u... I'm a big teddy bear ready to go... lol

• @CuddleDuncan Maybe keep that response in your notes so that you can copy and paste it as needed? Haha. It’s a great response, and the question is sure to come up again some time. Also...have you thought about being the first successful male professional? 🤔 If anyone could do it, it might be you! 😊

Stick with it @bigshow ! And make sure that your pricing and what you offer (hosting or not hosting, etc) is competitive for your area and the demand. 😊

Thanks ya'll... is mentioning law enforcement a plus? Something that catches the eye as far as safety instead of strolling thru... gives some sense of security i guess....

Eh... depends. These days especially, cops in the States aren't always seen as particularly safe. So it might help, but might also backfire.

Yeah I thought that too.... can't win em all...it is wat it is.... thanks

• @valkyrievixen that's very sweet of you, thank you. :) And yes, that thought has come up once or twice!

@bigshow

I'm a big teddy bear ready to go.

That summarises the whole problem in one pop. The attitude it reveals prevents any possibility of finding any clients. Note that this is an attitude you happen to have at the moment, it's not a fundamental truth about you. If you can learn to have a different attitude, things might work out.

For a start, nobody really cares that you are a big teddy bear. And you are not ready to go, not even slightly. Allow me to demonstrate ....

@squeakytoy, a women enthusiast and therefore a potential client in the broadest theoretical sense, posted,

for a lot of the women on here, safety is their primary concern when meeting up with someone.

and your response was

I'm a big teddy bear ready to go.

One of the factors that a typical client will consider when thinking about whether you book you is the likelihood that she will be raped. Until you truly understand that, so that it informs every single word you write connected to cuddling, you will get nowhere.

I appreciate that I'm being blunt, but you seemed to respond well to my previous honesty so I thought I'd keep up the trend. I would love you to succeed.

@CuddleDuncan: A little rough on the feelings, but true. Perspective-taking is a big deal! You may know you're not going to hurt someone, but they don't know that—and they can't take your word for, either. You have to show, not tell.

It strikes me as, well, a whole lot of hard work. I don't know if I'd have the compassion for it, myself. Another good reason I'm not a pro!

CuddleDuncan... how much do u charge to edit my profile?... lol...I get wat ur saying... big boy here...no worries... that's cool...ill work from there.. any more pointers, feel free to extend the help...

• Speaking for WOMEN, "big teddy bear" is a great thing, honestly. I went to your profile and thought, yeah, he is a big teddy bear! So far so good. I have good associations with "teddy bear." "Ready to go" is probably not the best phrasing but I get what you're saying. You're a nourishing teddy bear ready to snuggle women. But "ready to go" is one of those phrases that can sound sexual and so ANY wording that sounds that way should not be used!
    And yeah, good point on the communication @CuddleDuncan and this is SO much the issue with fellows. Even those who ARE safe and nourishing and lovely don't really get the part about listening, sensitivity, reflection and letting a woman know she's seen and heard. "I know I'm safe, but what would you need to know for you to take a chance on me being a nourishing safe space to get snuggled?" Just saying over and over "I'm safe. I'm safe. I'm safe." does nothing if you're not actually behaving safely, which starts with listening and reflecting. Like, hey, @squeakytoy, tell me more about what I'd need to know to be safe for women. And it's not all about rape or even violence or even being groped. It's about emotional safety, which sheesh, we could do a whole course on that. I know, I know, this is a cuddle site, let's just cuddle, but frankly, "just cuddling" isn't enough for many women to feel safe enough to take the risk on you, and good communication goes a long way in paving that road.

• Why not talk about how your goal is to make sure women feel safe and protected. Everything about their being craves that. But then you really have to give this to them.

• Also, your 4th picture is good but not good for cuddling. It makes you look intimidating.

I get the whole concept of cuddling and being a good listener but it seems misleading almost as if it's a first date and ur getting to know each other.... I'm still learning reading blogs and getting a feel of wat and how to go about this cuddling thing... maybe it's not for me...I can separate the difference that's why I say for me it's about making money and not getting personally involved if that makes sense...

Makes perfect sense, @bigshow. I mean, getting personally involved isn't professional, is it? When you're charging, the cuddle's not about you—it's about the client, making them feel safe and respected and cared for, right? Your own personal feelings shouldn't come into it.

It's different for the clients who're hiring you! They've got to get to know you before they'll be comfortable enough to say "okay, this guy's legit," give you their money, and cuddle up.

But from your end, yeah: assuming your safety's assured, why would you need to get to know your clients? So long as you're sure they're not going to attack you (not, at least, successfully), you're all good. No need to get to know them, since you already know enough about them to know you're safe from them.

Right?

• I’m absolutely confused by you. Why did you become a pro? To me it seems like you have no idea what women want from this type of service.

NeuroDivesity...me? I didn't put pro... if it's me, dont know....

• @bigshow - A pro is somebody who charges for a service. Your profile says you charge $100/hr.

Mike...I thought that was a suggested fee....ill have to go over all this again... lol thanks

• @bigshow - For pros...mostly females who actually get clients. I suggest switching to an enthusiast account and look to cuddling somebody for free.

• edited February 2021

😂

• What are you selling then bigshow?

Nothing I guess...hahaha

• That’s the spirit!