Post something on your hometown

If your hometown isn't getting any love , try and give folks a reason to come visit so you can see em

Comments

• [Deleted User]Handsomewheels (deleted user)

• edited April 2021

Images removed. [-Sid]

• edited March 2021

@pmvines You sure you aren't getting $$$ for this? Philly... Let's see... The nation's birthplace and lots of tourism still happening related to that. Murals are in every neighborhood. Many ethnicities are represented in cuisine, from Asia, Latin America, Africa and Europe. Numerous theatres and museums, which may still be open. Food trucks are a big thing, especially at festivals, which use once again on hold due to pandemic. Philly music has always offered unique contributions, from Leopold Stokowsky to Will Smith. Does anybody recall the surfer hitch-hiker guy in California who famously described on camera how he beat up and helped capture an axe murderer? Well, turns out he did a murder too, and they caught up to him at the Philly Greyhound station in what we call Center City (means "downtown"). We are also the block of Democrat voters that stuffed Donald Trump in his bid for a second term. We have an accent the Kate Winslet said learning it made her want to "throw things". That's why our NFL team is the Iggles. We still have an active mafia out of sheer nostalgia. We don't go to the beach. We go "down the shore", and that would be in New Jersey, south of Atlantic City ("Lannic Siddy"), often Wildwood or Cape May. When I go food shopping I go to the Acme ("ACK-a-mee"). There's more stuff to talk about but I'm sugar crashing. I might need to get a cheese steak "wit" onions and cheese whiz at Max's at Broad and Erie. Pat's and Geno's are for the tourists who don't know any better.

• I haven't even been to my hometown in over a decade.

• @BrianL What is your hometown?

• @BrianL home is where you make it , not necessarily where you are from.

• edited March 2021

• Which home town? I've had five different ones.

• This is my Home Town and the picture shows why I'm living in FL., but it will always be Home to me .

• [Deleted User]creedhands (deleted user)

Come visit my hometown! We are bursting at the seams with 500 people! So you desire a different cut of meth? Then we have the options for you! Plenty of home cooked meth to choose from. And while you are here, see the lovely burnt down homes where the meth got out of hand.

And if you get the munchies, there is a Subway as well.

• edited March 2021

@creedhands We have a lot of small towns like that as well. Really sad because it wasn’t like this 20-30 years ago. These towns used to be places full of vitality. A place where you really wanted to live.

• Here is where I was born and spent my early years:

• [Deleted User]Mmart (deleted user)

• @FunCartel North Stafford, Virginia.

Honestly, the last time I was even in the area, I didn't recognize it. It had changed so much. It had "grown", but not all growth is for the best.

• @BrianL Yep. Northern Virginia has grown into a sprawling metropolis. So has Southeastern Virginia where I spent many years (Virginia Beach). Virginia in those areas is a far cry from what they were and that is a shame.

• VaB has always been city-like, from my experience, but like a small city. I don't know if it's also "grown", as it's been many years since I've been there. I do miss the arcades, the haunted house, and the salt water taffy in VaB.

• @BrianL VaB and Chesapeake have all basically spread out all the way to the Carolina border.

• [Deleted User]Ennea2HugU (deleted user)
    edited March 2021

I won't say that I don't take this view for granted, but I don't think I could ever be sick of it.

• And here is where I have lived for 28 years:

• [Deleted User]deluxebigmac (deleted user)

Is it weird that I'm not sure where I even feel like "home" is? I've been where I am now for a decade but I don't know that it's ever felt like "home", but at the same time I've been away from what was my home for a decade, so that place doesn't feel much like "home" anymore either.

I guess where I am now is home, just hard to feel like much makes it that way other than being physically located here haha.

• So proud of Birmingham right now! I dont smoke weed and potheads are annoying as piss but I can't stand the fact that people get locked up for it

https://thehill.com/homenews/statewatch/549283-birmingham-announces-blanket-pardon-for-up-to-15000-with-minor

• @FunCartel That blue water fountain is gorgeous and those structures there are very creative. Is that why you moved there? Lol kidding but you live in a nice area. No doubt.

• @Amortentia It is a hidden gem because we are in a “flyover” area of the country. But we are getting an influx of New Yorkers and people from the DC beltway area because it costs next to nothing to live here compared to other places yet people are pretty educated and friendly here. The DC influx is because the US Government found out it is cheaper to operate here and they moved a ton of operations here.

• [Deleted User]SnugglePurrs (deleted user)

Cheltenham, England.

'The Hare and The Minotaur' :#

This is my second favourite little spot to sit with a coffee and audiobook

• Not my hometown but if you got a Thunderbird, you gotta visit the Thunderbird Beach Motel! :)

• I've lived in Milwaukee for a little over 13 years, the 'brew city'. Pretty nice place, although if the winter was a month shorter it'd make a world of difference.