Traveling to Las Vegas (unpleasant conversation with professional)

[Deleted User]SnuggleSymmetry (deleted user)
So I am planning a trip to Las Vegas this December for the holidays. I found a professional from that area on here and expressed my interest in meeting for a cuddle session. Since I'm traveling alone I asked her if she was interested in meeting before the session for some soft drinks. I brought up to her that this is a good way to break the ice. Instead of receiving an answer she straight up brought this, "My rate is $75 an hour. Would you like to proceed?" Ok, I understand professional snugglers want to make some cash, but they should at least act like they care about making a connection with a client. Just answer with a yes or no, " Sorry, I only cuddle, this is my rate..etc" OR Yes, I would love to meet, this is my rate. This just proves my suspicions that these individuals see CC as a quick buck. You should come here to CC because you're passionate about human therapeutic touch. The Snuggle Buddies exists if you only care about making money. Please share your thoughts Cuddle Comfort community. I'd love to read your comments. Thanks for reading! 

Comments

• I don't think $75 an hour is a quick buck.
    It sounds like u wre wanting to sort of make a date or social connection with a professional.
    A doctor or mechanic would think the same way if you proposed "getting together" before their practice.  It's out of place
    I would look for your social gettogether somewhere else. I wasn't there but your reply tells how it is.
    When she asked "Would you like to proceed" you said "No" right.?
    If you see "these individuals" as confirming your "suspicions" just learn from it and give it a rest.
    People in business may seem cordial but a pro is making money here so you can ask for more but stop being offended at their professionalism.
    I think she tries to weed out the lonely ones which protects all concerned.
  • [Deleted User]SnuggleSymmetry (deleted user)
    edited October 2016
    @Crispin Whatever her reason is I respect that. It would of been nice to get a yes or no. She responded like an ATM instead. A doctor is different because they see you in their office. This is a cuddler who will get intimate with you. I don't expect her to meet me before our session if she doesn't want to. I just asked and expected something more than, "My rate is this..." Just an answer that's all. 
  • [Deleted User]Sunflowerfield (deleted user)
    I contacted a professional cuddler here in Australia and she said she always meets people in a public place to screen them for safety reasons, before arranging a cuddle session with them. To me it sounds more risky and dangerous to skip this step.
  • edited October 2016
    There are some really great professionals here and sadly some not so good. Ultimately they are responsible for their service which is why I think the ability to leave a review on their profile is so important. Perhaps consider doing that?
  • [Deleted User]cuddlesofcurves (deleted user)
    I'm a new pro and I definitely don't mind meeting for like 15 or 20 mins to break the ice, because it can seem like it could be akward even though I've never had that issue but everyone is different :)

I would keep in mind that there are so many flakes and leads that turn into nothing on our end that maybe she just came off wrong but didn't mean for it to be that way.
  • [Deleted User]Unknown (deleted user)
    Professional cuddlers are here ultimately to get paid and clients shouldn't expect anything out of them other than a paid cuddle session. That being said, the cuddler that you contacted could have been more polite but she's probably slightly jaded because she likely gets a lot of clients contacting her asking her for things she's not willing to do especially living in a high traffic area like Vegas. I've had a few pro cuddlers spend time with me off the clock but that's all about chemistry and what developed during the cuddle session. The majority of my sessions with pros have been amazing and I'm grateful for the time they've spent with me off the clock but do I expect it? No, absolutely not.
    @Sunflowerfield Exactly! I agree.  
  • the  way  I look at  this is,  that is  extra time for me   to  meet for    coffee or whatever, and I am not interested in doing that. If  a  client comes  to  me and either they  or   I don't feel  comfortable,  either of us  can stop the  session  right then. I agree  tho  that  this  person  was  kinda  rude.
  • [Deleted User]VIPirate (deleted user)
    edited October 2016
    @SnuggleSymmetry I'm with you on this one. I think we all realize that any professional's end game is to make money. And that's fine. I just bought a house so obviously that was my realtor's ultimate goal as well. The difference is that she made me feel like a friend the entire time, even if there was a business proposition behind it. This cuddler made it all business, and if it were me, I wouldn't feel comfortable proceeding with them. It's pretty commonplace to meet in a safe environment first. This is something I've done many times, and since I always pay, I figure hey, it's a free meal for the other party at the very least. I think those who chimed in to say you might have been looking for more of a date are off-base. To me it's just a screening step, and not unusual in the least.

P.S. I think you meant Snuggle Buddies is the place to go if you want to have money stolen by Evan Crap. I mean Carp. I mean, nah, I totally meant that first thing. ;)
  • @SnuggleSymmetry
    It's odd really. On this site there isn't many people who understand both sides of a situation like this, even among the professionals themselves. I agree with you, I'd prefer to meet with a person I'm about to have some sort of intimate time with but her response was extremely robotic, though I understand her time is on a very nebulous scale of "valuable." Though I've had a very bad interaction with an oddly aggressive professional on this site, it sounds like this particular person is new to the whole "TLC" concept. I'm personally legitimately glad you didn't get crucified for posting your opinion like you did and I hope you don't have a jaded outlook upon all professionals on this site. And heck, I might see you in Vegas. =]
    Thank you guys ^^ 
  • I totally see your perspective, but to be honest us professionals have a lot of spammy pervy dudes to deal with, that's another factor you have to take into consideration, however,I totally Agree you want to feel like you're meeting an actual human being, not a robot haha. Personally I don't have time to meet everyone outside of the cuddle sessions, especially if they are not paid for, so I get why she wanted to get into "professional talk" been there before, honestly lol, I wouldnt disgaurd her whole service though, because she wanted to handle it like that, she could totally be great in person. I know I would get fed up with people trying to get "free dates" or whatever and I would snap, or just talk business, and I haven't had a single person leave thinking I was bitchy, or just in it for the money.
    Best of luck! <3