Possibility of Feature that Shows Activity and Seeking Cuddles

Hello all, I am newer to CuddleComfort (only been on here about two months), and have cuddled with five wonderful people so far in North Carolina. I have an idea 💡 and I am curious of your thoughts and views on it.

I know that we currently can message individuals people on here to request and/or book a cuddle session with them, and they will respond or they won’t, it’s up to them.

But I have also noticed that there are a number of people here (Pros and Enthusiasts both) who may have a profile of theirs which is technically ‘Active’ but yet they are not open to cuddling at this time, due to other responsibilities in their lives, due to being sick, due to being on vacation, etc.

Is it possible that there could be a feature (perhaps like a feature which turns your profile a certain color) which communicates publicly to everyone that you are actively right at this moment looking to cuddle now or in the coming week? And perhaps, with that same feature, you could change the color of your profile to show that you have an active profile, but are not available or open to cuddle right now or this week. Is this something which could become more of a reality here?

Comments

• Good idea, Nick. Where are you from? I’m in Cleveland with cuddles who have been active for many months and years. Where are u?

• Wow! Nick welcome to the community and thank you for actually filling out your profile!! ") What an interesting thought. hmmmmm As a female enthusiast I don't know that I would EVER be able to change the color of my profile because my life is kind of hectic and truth be told.... I probably would take a little bit more time to get things figured out and exchange a few messages etc. Of course I can't speak to the PRO arena but that idea sounds really intriguing.

I know we have a mute button (which I use sometimes) that helps us have the ability to message people we're already talking with but we don't come up in a regular search.

Hmmmm. What would be the biggest reason why you would want this feature? Just for curiosity sake.

There's also a thread called "ways this site can be improved" and Mark is always up for input and ideas.

• I agree that this feature would be potentially useful.

@sillysassy I think the motivation is to waste less time browsing profiles of people who weren’t available to cuddle anyway.

However, as @sillysassy points out, a mute feature already exists, which probably covers 95% of the use cases for this idea (are there really going to be lots of people who aren’t available to cuddle but who do want to appear in search results?).

Of course, lots of people don’t use the mute feature when they should, but that would probably be true of this new feature too.

• @NickDiDo - People already do that by putting a note at the top of their profile. However, no matter what feature is added, there is no way to force people to use it.

• I’m actively interested in cuddling but I also want to get to know a person first and that might happen within a week and it might not. And life can change pretty quickly. I’m also very cautious because of the pandemic. There’s lots of scale between completely inactive and ready to jump into cuddling right now today or within the next few days.

• edited April 2021

OkCupid used to give users a color rating based on how quickly/how often they responded to messages. It didn’t feel judgy, but it did convey very useful information.

It would be a boon to cuddlers who take responses very seriously, but I suspect that it would, overall, make the prospects of meeting someone on the site seem bleak and thus, like other good suggestions, be avoided.

• @chadparker99 - I am based in Raleigh, NC, and have lived here for 9 months. I was from Florida before being here, but didn’t engage in cuddling until I moved here to the Raleigh, NC area.

@sillysassy - The biggest reason I promoted interest in the color feature is because there are a handful of Pros in the local area whom I have messages as of the last month (since having a few 5-star Karma reviews on my profile as an enthusiast), but yet I have struggled to even get a response from most whom I have messaged. The one whom I did get a response from in the last couple of weeks I found out does not come onto this site very often, even though she has an Active account.

Another Pro cuddler, whom I had connected with a couple of months ago, also mentioned to me that she rarely comes onto the site, even though she too is a Pro with an Active profile.

• edited April 2021

An optional status setting?

I wouldn't use it, because it's subjective, to who is msging me. I mean there's 3 ppl I'd cuddle with, tomorrow, but only 1 is within a 6 hr drive.

Something that reports additional data, regarding responses?

I'd bypass by texting friends direct, and never respond to CC mail, unless it's a reply to something I sent them.

The "last logged on" is a perfect, and acceptable medium / middle ground

• edited April 2021

I agree that the ''last logged on'' is probably good enough for enthusiast cuddlers.
    Enthusiasts are very selective and I use that as a barometer for 'weather' I've been ghosted or not. It's still not a guarantee I've been ghosted, sometimes people forget about you but still want to talk to you in which case I send another follow up message. If that doesn't get responded to, but the person has logged on again, I'd consider that for sure a definite ghost.

The status color might be more helpful to professionals who are on hiatus for whatever reason.

Some people update their profile to say that they are unavailable for whatever reason, but I do see how the color status could save someone a few clicks/messages a day. Not the end of the world, though. If someone doesn't bother to change their profile to say unavailable, they might not be bothered to change their status, but who knows.

• [Deleted User]squeakytoy (deleted user)

Oh, I would hate to have my reply rate visible! When I first joined on this account, I replied to everyone who reached out, even if it was to say that I wasn't interested. I've changed that approach recently (for good reason) and don't bother replying to a lot of them now. But since I've replied to most of the messages I've received on here, I'd be worried that my "good" rate might encourage more of the types of messages I don't want; I could totally see the folks who don't read profiles using this feature to decide who to target with their copy/paste 3-word messages.