Horror movie fans: What is the scariest film you've seen?

Here's a clip from Drag Me To Hell. I lost it when the goat started talking.

Comments

• I like more suspense horror stuff so not necessarily scary like gore and slash. Loved hereditary, high tension , omen , and a quiet place

• edited April 2021

"The Langoliers" (the1995 TV show) by Stephen King was pretty scary the first time I saw it. The tension builds up slowly, it has lots of interesting characters and a great ending. I thinks it's one of the best science-fiction films ever made.
    The full movie is on Youtube:

• I will never forget seeing The Exorcist in the theaters in the 70s. Freaked me out because they passed it off as a true story back then and theaters were darker then. Linda Blair was the original Megasonic Teenage girl.

• I have seen almost every horror film imaginable from the late 70's on up. the only movie that still bothers me to this day at 51 is a Stephen King novel that was a made for TV movie called Salems Lot that came out in late 1979. was a two part mini series. I still get freaked out by a certain scene in that movie and will Never even search it out on YouTube

• My classic scariest film is “Suspiria.” My most recent scariest film is “It Follows.”

• The Shuttered Room from when I was a little kid. It wasn't campy like more recent ones.

• edited April 2021

I love horror movies but I don't think they're very scary. I just dislike those quiet taunting moments while you wait for something to happen. Like in the Grudge when they are looking up the stairs to the second story...

• edited April 2021

JUON(The grudge) - The Japaneses Version.
    Watch the whole thing here for free on youtube. Found it when trying to find a clip.

• The conjuring is definitely one of the newer ones that scared the crap out of me

• “Ghost Story,” 1981

• I can't get this scene out of my head.

• The Exorcist. Based on an exorcism that happened here in St. Louis in the late 1940s.

• @Ironman294 I did like both movies form The Conjuring, pretty scary.
    @FunCartel @CallMeMikey However, not loo long ago, I unexpectedly came across The Exorcist on tv, it was around noon on a Sat or Sun (!!!)... I forgot how impressive the movie was, really.

• [Deleted User]arghdaddy (deleted user)

Yeah, can’t go wrong with the Exorcist. Saw it when I was about 7 thanks to an uncle. For some reason Prince of Darkness always freaked me out. Most recently VVitch. The 🐐 😝

• I love the Shudder app, all horror, all the time.

Couldn't pick a specific movie lol.

• Halloween - Very original version!!!

• [Deleted User]DeadGirlWalking (deleted user)

@MissAdventurous I got Shudder not long ago and have been working my way through the app. There have been no duds on there- very impressed! Even the movie I saw about a pair of killer jeans was decent! (It is called Slaxx if you're interested in watching it)

Have you seen the Creepshow TV series? It's SO GOOD. Also watched Scare Package the other day- it's a good one for subverting the genre. Love me a horror anthology 😊

As for the original question- Event Horizon messed me up, as did the recent Ghost Stories with Martin Freeman. The scene where the night watchman sees the 'thing' in the bed across the hall made me sleep with the light on for a week! 😱

• It’s not a classic horror movie and Y’all are gonna laugh at me, but the 1976 made for TV movie “Helter Skelter” about the Manson murders, still creeps me out

• I have been searching online for a around 1940’s or so b movie about a mad doctor who made his mother into a monster , then caged her , then killed her , then there was other scenes where her created another monster ... he grew one from another human .

I saw it many years ago . Can’t remember the title

Anyone know that one ?

Didn’t mean to hijack the thread