RIP DMX

DMX a well known American rapper. It shows me how important it is to cherish life! Just wanted to express my thoughts.

Comments

• @Drop_the_Mike I have watched his career for over 20 years and another reminder to appreciate life while we still have it. My condolences😇

• The original emo gangster. He was renting a house about 20 min from where I used to live in SC. Saw him out at the skating rink of all places . Such a humble dude

• @pmvines Awesome that you saw DMX in real life!

• I had a virtual dog in 1998 named after DMX but that was about as far as my fandom went. I think it was a Rottie or a Doberman or something like that. Still this is such a huge loss in the rap/hip-hop scene. He was riding the waves of success that the genre was starting to see in the new millennium but was also a pioneer.

Kind of brutally ironic that news of DMX’s death is catching more head turns than Prince Philip’s. It’s deserved in my opinion.

• He will be missed spiritual, brutally honest, had flaws , lyrical and didn't let money change him. He definitely left his imprint on the world

• [Deleted User]lets_cuddlee (deleted user)

Never before did I see such a masculine man express such vulnerability. Such courage and humility

• One less dogfight aficionado.
    Amen.

• [Deleted User]eagleeye88 (deleted user)
    edited April 2021

Deleting this comment as the OP deleted soon after. [-Sid]

• edited April 2021

Reported, reviewed, and removed. @ryechips - stop with the personal attacks. [-Sid]

• @eagleeye88 then there really was no need for you to comment on this thread now was there ?

@MaullySterling your comment was neither warranted or appropriate for the tone of this thread. You don’t like the man or his music or whatever fine !!! Keep it to yourself or start your own thread somewhere else. Considering the man has barely been deceased 48 hours your comment shows a lack of class on your behalf and a lack of empathy for his family, friends , and supporters. This thread was obviously intended to be a place for those that were touched by his music and career to come and show their appreciation and should be kept that way . I flagged your comment earlier today and I’m hoping one of the moderators @Sideon @Mark takes into consideration that you at times have asked for your own space on particular threads on certain issues without derailment or trolling the people who came to this thread for the appropriate reasons deserve that same respect. And this goes to anyone else who may think it’s funny to come make other insensitive comments.

• Yeah, wow, insensitivity and weirdness. Sorry to the people exposing their hearts here.

Yeah, wah, love, ouch. <3 <3 <3 to the hearts that treasured him.

• @hugonehugall
    Wow. You don't sound friendly OR laid back.

My comment was short, true, and to the point, and did not go into detail about his vicious, sadistic, behaviour that is well documented.

I did not derail, just kept it real.

Maybe your wall of text ranting should find a new thread.

• I will defend @MaullySterling. She stated a fact that had indeed been documented. If her comment stood alone I might say too soon. But @catloaf already spoke about her personal hierarchy of death when she said in so many words that DMX’s death was more important than Prince Phillip’s. I am not here to say which is more important because that is a stupid argument. I think maully pointed out the flaw that she could not accept. Even an admirer said he was flawed. Bickering about how someone feels about a person is futile, so just ignore the post if you do not like it.

In the end, aren’t the ones closest to us in real life the ones we should really honor?

• edited April 2021

@MaullySterling I won’t stoop to your level make assumptions about your personality or character like you just did to me. But yes I do think it’s inappropriate to make the comments you made on a Rest In Peace thread. And pointing out flaws is different than taking a victory lap over his passing which is essentially what you did.

• [Deleted User]mke12009 (deleted user)

Its a shame he passed. I feel terrible for his sister kail being attacked after her loss its just plain terrible and cruel. We as soceity should respect others. Very sad

• [Deleted User]APV (deleted user)

Upon reading this news, I listened to the instrumental beat of his song "Party Up", released in 2000. The radio edit of the song was quite funny. It used DMX's own voice instead of muting the vocals or bleeping.