Dares

What’s the craziest dare you have ever seen?

Comments

• [Deleted User]DeadGirlWalking (deleted user)

Too wild to mention on here 🤣

• [Deleted User]squeakytoy (deleted user)
    edited April 2021

Oh lord, it was ridiculously unprofessional, but still hilarious. I won't go into the full story, but it involved a lot of alcohol. A former boss of mine was dared into posing shirtless in the office of a C-level employee, and documenting the whole thing with pictures. As far as I know, that C-level employee (his boss) never found out.

• I don't recall any dares unfortunately so I guess I didn't see any memorable ones that were good lol. I heard two crazy ones (I call them crazy because I'd never do them personally). My friend told me once he was dared to eat bird poop and he did it. Yuck. Another one that I heard was that two girls were playing truth or dare at a mall or something. And one dared the other to walk up to a stranger that was ahead of them and to kiss him. She went up to him (she only saw him from the back) and planned to do a fast one before running away. Basically short story version is that the guy pushed her off and demanded an explanation for why she did that. It was her cousin who just happened to get a haircut there that day so she didn't really recognize him from behind.

• [Deleted User]DeadGirlWalking (deleted user)
    edited April 2021

I know someone who claims that they were dared to snort a line of table salt.

Apparently he had the worst nosebleed of his life.

Ooh, actually, I know someone that was dared to eat a lightbulb. He ate at least some of the glass. It was.... Really something to watch.

I know someone that was dared to eat a lightbulb. He ate at least some of the glass.

@BuggleBear :fearful:

• [Deleted User]SnugglePurrs (deleted user)

Ooh, actually, I know someone that was dared to eat a lightbulb. He ate at least some of the glass. It was.... Really something to watch.

Ouch, that tops my personal eating related dare.

I used to eat slices of lemon with sugar on, when I worked behind the bar. This entertained my manager, who eventually dared me to eat a whole peeled lemon in one mouthful. After winning my dinner doing that, he doubled down by daring me to eat a whole peeled lime. I was full of regret whilst doing that one, but at least I won a pint of cider to go with my burger.

• If he were alive it would be interesting to see someone getting into an eating dare contest with Richard Chase.

• I was in the military.... None of those dares can be posted.

@TheMidnightOwl Oooooohhhh boy.

• While in the South Pacific on a trip, I dared myself to swim with small sharks and stingrays. The tour guides & several other guests were already in the water. I took the dare, and felt like I’d accomplished something. I did return to the boat though when a 10 foot shark started coming our way.

• [Deleted User]COCuddleBeard (deleted user)

We did a jalapeño pepper eating challenge/dare during a class overnight field trip once. It ended with much burning poo. There was a guy who was a barfly at this Eastern European, ethnic bar my family hangs out at. He would eat beer glasses on a dare quite often. I never quite understood how it worked but there was no blood involved and he seemed to survive doing it.

• edited April 2021

Thai chilis. There is a premier raw/vegan restaurant here in Orange County CA called Au Lac. The chef used to burn through upwards of 10 Thai peppers in one sitting. This was ten years ago when I went raw. Over time I developed the ability to do the same. Apparently, the lining of your gut will accommodate higher and higher levels of just about any spice. I tried it once with ghost peppers but couldn't get into it because they're just hot with no real culinary purpose that I could see.

@PeopleLikeUs I'm with you on the ghost peppers - I'm a huge fan of spicy food and enjoy cooking with Scotch Bonnets, but those also have flavor. Ghost peppers are just tastelessly hot.

• [Deleted User]COCuddleBeard (deleted user)

I’m with you peeps on the ghost chili’s. Seems gimmicky and lacking in culinary value. While not nearly the hottest, habanero peppers are what I love. Great flavor!

• Friends gave me a dare to streak at my college last year. My friend and I took on the date. It was crazy

• In high school (when I was immortal) Someone dared me to swim through a swamp that had "do not swim" signs .. For like $30. Things touched my feet.

• [Deleted User]DarkLordChungus (deleted user)
    edited April 2021

Back when I was social, I went to a bar once with some coworkers. For those of you who are unaware, North Dakota is quite conservative (even Fargo, which is its largest metropolis). The bar was packed with dudes wearing camo for some indiscernible reason, Trump regalia, and terrible country music blared from the speakers.

As time went on, one of my coworkers (a gay man), dared me to make out with him. As someone who often jumps at the chance to piss people off, I enthusiastically agreed. We passionately made out for several minutes. I didn't derive any physical enjoyment from the act, but hearing some of the other patrons express their disgust and rage was delightful.

We departed not long after the show.

• @DarkLordChungus You are my hero. You should be awarded emeritus status on the board for that.

• [Deleted User]DarkLordChungus (deleted user)

@FunCartel

You're too kind.

That was the most fun I ever had at a bar. I distinctly recall one very large, proud American who was so red in the face that I thought his head would pop. And, as my coworkers and I departed, some middle-aged blonde lady with hideous fake nails said "Hope you have fun in HELL."

It was a magical experience.

• [Deleted User]Mmart (deleted user)

@DarkLordChungus
    That dare should be a prize winner. I love it

@DarkLordChungus Holy crap! I'm glad you lived to tell the tale, that was a gutsy dare to take!