Today I had to say goodbye to my cat.

His name was Alex. He was 14 years old and I had him since he was an 8 week old kitten. R.I.P.

Comments

• [Deleted User]squeakytoy (deleted user)

@Mike403 NO!! I'm so sorry! Alex was such a beautiful boy and I always loved it when you posted pictures of him here. I'm so sorry for your loss.

• I'm so sorry.

11 years later, i still mourn the loss of my Dawber. My son and I, spoke just last week, of it, with affection and tenderness.

We have both known death, in the family, to friends, but it's the loss of a pet, someone who gives unconditional love, and gets you through the tough times, that really stays with you.

I get it.

Be kind to yourself.

• [Deleted User]DBrooks2015 (deleted user)

May he rest in peace and may soul find comfort here and now. Please do good to yourself and have a good time.

• Sorry for your loss. I'm sure he had a happy life appreciating all the love you showed him over the years.

• @Mike403 as a fellow cat lover who lost mine in October I certainly empathize with you . I've enjoyed seeing the pics you shared and can tell he meant a lot to you . Take care of yourself. This will pass.

• [Deleted User]DeadGirlWalking (deleted user)
    edited April 2021

I'm sorry for your loss, Mike πŸ˜”

Sleep well little kitty.

• [Deleted User]SoftPetals (deleted user)

@Mike403 I'm so sorry for your lost. I hope you find comfort in knowing your kitty loved you, as I can tell by the lovely photos. Be patient and kind to yourself through this grieving time. Sending warm hugs πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ’š

• Sorry for your loss. πŸ˜”πŸ™β€

• I'm very sorry that you lost your friend.

• Im so very sorry for your loss of your fur friend! I still miss my 2 little Pomeranian so much every day, its not easy at all when we have to say goodbye to our precious fur babies!!

• Sorry for your loss 😞 I can’t imagine what you’re going through but you have a lot of support here so lean on that! I’m sure you spoiled him plenty 🌸

• Thanks @squeakytoy - @MaullySterling - @DBrooks2015 - @UKGuy - @pmvines - @BuggleBear - @SoftPetals - @11jae11 - @UCpaaHVg6u0 - @girl50 - @Sheena123 . I appreciate it.

The last photo was his final moments at the vet. They let me hold him while they injected the drugs into him.

• Aww. Good bye kitty. And sorry you lost Alex who's been a big part of your life. Reminds me of my cat and I. Got him around the same age you got yours and lost him too. Never was able to get another cat after that. Rest in peace you amazing cats out there. :'(

Good thing you've lots of pictures to hold on to though! :)

• Thanks @Amortentia. I took a short nap earlier and expected a cat to jump on my bed and sleep next to me like he always did. My brain hasn't yet accepted the fact that he's gone.

• Rest In Peace Alex, and I hope you cross safely over rainbow bridge. May you have lots of cool water to drink, your favourite foods, lots of sunshine to bask in and a nice shaded spot to rest and watch over your human dad. I believe our animal friends walk alongside us when they go. I’m so sorry - please be gentle with yourself right now @Mike403. You’re not alone and neither is kitty. Sending a big, big, big virtual hug your way and much love.

• [Deleted User]squeakytoy (deleted user)
    edited April 2021

@Catloaf Aww! I'd forgotten about the Rainbow Bridge poem. I just reread it after who knows how long. I think I'll leave it here for anyone else who wants to read it.

https://www.rainbowsbridge.com/poem.htm

• <3 I'm sorry for the loss of your sweet friend.

• I’m so sorry for your loss, may he rest in paradise ❀️

• @Mike403 , I have the same reaction when my pets go to vet or groomers. And I keep feeling like they are still in the house waiting to pounce. It’s tough losing a pet. I’m currently on 7 th dog and it’s never gets easier unfortunately. Sorry for your loss

• @Mike403 VERY sorry to hear your loss . I am sure you gave Alex and excellent 14 years .
    I know the feeling having owned dogs for the last 35 years

• I'm sorry for your loss, he is now a spiritual guide to you though... he will forever remain in your heart!

• [Deleted User]Deltron2000 (deleted user)

Sorry for your loss. All you can really say in those situations is you gave him a really good life. I just got a cat I adopted from a high risk shelter and I guess any cat that gets to live in a nice home with good owner has it good. So you did a good job.

• @Mike403 I just wanted to pop in and send you my thoughts. Our pets are our family and there for us when we need them the most. πŸ’” Losing them is always devastating.

I can tell you adored him and he lived out his 9 lives with a caring and loving owner. I hope your week brightens up a bit. In the meantime here's a virtual hug (っ.❛ α΄— ❛.)っ

• edited April 2021

Sorry for your loss. As a cat lover myself, I know how difficult this can be. In time, the pain will ease but he will always remain in your heart.

• R.I.P Alex another beautiful kitty πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–

• I am so sorry for your loss

• Sorry for loss hope you have great memories.

• [Deleted User]Domenick21 (deleted user)

Sorry for your loss.