Car accidents suck !!!

Got into an accident almost 2 weeks ago. 12:30 am raining cats and dogs and the driver in front swerved into my lane.
Hit him at 70 mph. Walked away with just a bruise on my thumb.
Allstate just paid out so I'm looking at a new car.

Comments

• A real bummer, good to hear that you were not hurt real bad. Is that your car that was wrecked or one that your looking to buy-?. Looks nice, I'm a Ford guy, but if I was a GM guy, the Camaro is the only GM car I would own. A friend had one a few yrs. back and he let me drive it and it was nice, V/6 that run strong. Good luck with your new one.

• That's what I'm looking to buy. Actually has a smaller engine than my Malibu SS. A 3.6L V6 compared to the Malibu's 3.9L V6. Gets 1mpg better gas mileage lol
    Had an 85 Camaro back in the late 90's
    Thanks.

• Ended up going with a 2017 Dodge Challenger. My insurance went up by 100 lol

• Awesome ! Love the vehicles! But I am curious since someone ran into you..... When we get to driverless cars and there is an accident with them...how are insurance companies going to pay? Will you even need insurance? I mean, whos fault is it ?

• Think thats a can of worms that will soon be opened lol

• You can bet insurance companies will fight as hard as they can to not pay anything out to owners of driverless cars. It was a design defect with the vehicle obviously. They already look for every possible way to weasel out of paying anything to the point where you have pandemic insurance that doesn't pay out during our current pandemic.

"Take what you can, give nothing back" - Jack Sparrow quoting insurance companies

• [Deleted User]Starlost (deleted user)

The only dodge I ever owned was the Dodge Magnum. I had to have the transmission rebuilt TWICE by the dealership in the course of 10 years.

The Challenger is beautiful. But, personally, I'd look for another brand of muscle car because Dodge burnt me badly.

• Insurance arrangements for driverless cars were drawn up in the UK a couple of years ago I think. We don't have them generally on the roads yet, but it's coming soon.

• @MiniatureGeek How was the other driver?

• He was ok, no injuries. A bit tired as he was driving from New Mexico to Indiana.

• edited May 2021

Here's photos of my classic Mercedes which was hit from behind while stopped at a traffic light. The guy hit me at full speed and pushed me into the car in front which damaged the headlamps, front bumper, hood and grille. The rear of the car was pushed in all the way to the back window. I was able to drive the car home but it was unrepairable.