Be genuine!!!! Some advice...

[Deleted User]ladypixi (deleted user)

Just some advice...people won't want to talk to u with a blank bio or picture. Don't come on strong or say ridiculous immature comments. People are actually looking for some sincere care. Women don't like pushy men BTW either!! Just sayin!!

Comments

• Welcome to the forum, @ladypixi03! :)

• You can look at it as self weeding.

I don't think the picture thing applies to everyone though. It doesn't to me. I would be curious to know what % of people do care if someone uploads a picture.

• What if someone genuinely doesn't know what to say about themselves in their bio? To just put something in would not be genuine, now would it?

For instance, I'm horrible about talking about myself. Sure I could put what people say about me, that I know, but that wouldn't change anything, because as far as I'm aware, no one says anything about me.

• Not true on the blank picture thing.
    I've had plenty of cuddle sessions and always have a blank picture.
    Missing out if you just blanket ignore someone for that.

• edited May 2021

@Melancholy You do not, in fact, have a blank picture. You went to the effort of uploading a pic, even if it's not you. So, it evokes a mood, state of mind, or something you identify with.
    As such, you've already portrayed a depth that actual blanks don't have. You're already making ppl identify with an era, or a feeling. One could argue you're getting more response than an average picture, since some of those seem to imitate dating profiles.

Pair that with a nice read, like your bio, and you're laughing

• @BrianL look at some profiles of people you like on the forum. And just read lots of profiles you think are good generally. Spend a little time on finding them. Make some notes on what kind of thing these people talk about in their profiles. Perhaps also topics to avoid. Think about how those things apply to you.

Creating a decent profile is not some magical gift or talent. It is a straightforward skill that anybody can learn. Parts of the process may bump into your views about yourself, which means that one of the things that can make profile writing tricky is that it becomes something of a self-therapy session. This can be a good thing, and can help you to write a good profile. But if it becomes too much, then abandon the therapeutic aspect and use the notes you made on what other people wrote to find a more analytical path to writing a decent profile.

If you are determined to succeed, then success is absolutely inevitable.

• @BrianL, writing a profile is not unlike creating a resume for a job. Start by listing things you like (locations to explore, hobbies, vehicles, clothes, music). Include what you like in a cuddle session. Add other topics as the thoughts start flowing.

• @CuddleDuncan I like that perspective. However, some people truly aren’t good at writing about (or working on, ergo) themselves because they lack the ability to do introspection. Some people just aren’t that deep, and might be disconnected to the point that even they don’t know who they are at the levels others expect so they have no idea what to say.

I find sometimes people who write few words have a lot to say face to face once you open up space for them. 🙂

• @Catloaf perfectly said. Very true.

• @Catloaf yep, absolutely right.