Johnny Mnemonic

I feel I was promised the ability to implant new knowledge and data, directly by 2021. Purge some memory, retain desired memory.

But at least they had it right, with so many ppl in KN95s.

*filmed in Toronto, I'm a lotek. Maybe you'll spot me, around when Ice T makes his entrance.

Comments

• [Deleted User]squeakytoy (deleted user)

@MaullySterling I watched that movie recently!! It was unsettling that the opening scenes went right into mass protests where everyone was wearing masks. I had no idea you were an extra, I'll look for you next time I watch it!

(I did chuckle at the idea of the human brain having an 80 gig limit (that could be extended to 160 gigs) :mrgreen: "What? that's not nearly enough to hold all my cat pics!")

• Oh, that's not capacity, that's just RAM.
    LOL!
    So, no over-writing of language skills, basic necessary knowledge for survival, etc.
    Johnny has done so much he can't remember where home is.

I was bartending at a goth club at the time. Casting walked in and freaked out. Hired us all, on the spot.

• What I find fascinating about '90s cyberpunk, including Ghost in the Shell, is that no one predicted that pay phones would go away and be replaced by cell phones. Completely missed that one.

• Then again, with everyone using Zoom, Skype, and other video chats all the time, we kind of have the video phones. Sort of. But no film maker realize that the people on the other end aren't looking at their CAMERAS. Think about it.