* Cuddling Goes Mainstream *

edited May 2021 in General

This is an absolutely fabulous piece in the Daily Mirror today, which is a mainsteam national popular daily newspaper here in the UK. (The newspaper markets don't equate very well, but think USA Today or New York Post.)

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/visit-professional-cuddle-therapist-hugging-24135640

It features @touchunwind, who is Nordic Cuddle-trained and the highest Karma-rated professional over here. I know her very well and recommend her very highly.

In particular, show this article to anybody who thinks that cuddling is in any way related to sex.

Interestingly, it also features Pop & Rest, which is a unique napping facility. Normally they don't allow two people in one of their pods, but they have a deal with some cuddlers. For the entrepreneurs and business people amongst you, this is an interesting idea worth borrowing.

@Mark

Comments

• Thank you Duncan! People like you make this all worthwhile. :3

• Can't read the newsprint since it's too small. But I'm wondering why do all the photos portray female-female cuddling?

• @UKGuy there is a link to the online version of the article underneath the photo.

One female journalist interviewed one female cuddle therapist. There is also a photo of the journalist and her mum.

• edited May 2021

Sadly, in the comments section of that article most people are saying they think the profession is a scam for suckers, and a ridiculous waste of money. So much for mainstream. Perhaps some of us could post some positive comments there?

• Good idea @nurturingman, I'll head over there now.

• @nurturingman Thats a wonderful idea. I hope this improves the thoughts around cuddling!

• This is not the first time the public’s gone bananas over our community trying to hit up mainstream media. CC has been on VICE, Fei Wyatt has been on LADBible... the comment sections on both videos (search for them on Facebook) are pretty horrendous.

I don’t think we’ll be understood very well for a long time coming, or in the mainstream at all. Professional cuddlers are working with a small niche of society who do understand. That’s enough for me, for now. Though I dream of the day when this profession is destigmatised. It truly deserves to be.

• I agree with @Catloaf . This is something that will take a very long time for people to understand. Until there is widespread education on what cuddling is, what professional cuddlers do and who the clients are, many will scratch their heads,

• They will, yes, although I will never understand why.

I could never understand why cuddling wasn't more of a thing in our society. It's really only since joining CC that I have learnt the reason.

It turns out that the average person looks at mothers cuddling babies; adult children holding their elderly parents in their arms as they die; footballers fullfilling a lifetime's dream; friends who haven't seen each other for years; injured plane crash survivors being comforted by rescuers ..... and they think, ah ha! Cuddling is a sexual thing!