Charging much higher rates

[Deleted User]paulmuaddib (deleted user)
I noticed some if the newer snugglers are asking for much higher rates than the ones I normally see.
I am not sure why. But maybe they prefer richer clients and if they can find them then of course it makes sense.
But I hope they don't all start doing that.
I am grateful for the ones I get to call upon from time to time.
Thanks !!

Comments

• [Deleted User]SnuggleSymmetry (deleted user)
    Good luck finding cheaper prices. Maybe If you had a pic you could cuddle for free like I have.
  • [Deleted User]paulmuaddib (deleted user)
    Maybe you need to work on your reading comprehension skills.
    Go back and read it again.
    I already have multiple snugglers at affordable rates.
    So why would I need to find cheaper rates !? What is wrong with you ?
    Get off the picture thing. You are like some kind of stalker or something.
  • [Deleted User]SnuggleSymmetry (deleted user)
    edited November 2016
    I just get creeped out when visitors without profile pics check out my profile. Same as getting friend requests on Facebook from people alike. On the other hand I recommend BuffySwan. 
  • Hey there! noticed your post, and I wanted to comment and ask what you usually pay for your cuddle seshs?
    I have several regulars and I haven't heard anyone disagree with my rates, and I charge 100$ for the hour. I have over a years of experience cuddling, and always give my clients a 100% amazing experience, I'd like to think. I wouldn't consider them rich, but just more well off. but to me this is therapy, and if you look into it, therapy isn't cheap! 
  • [Deleted User]paulmuaddib (deleted user)
    Brandi, you are within your rights to charge whatever you want for your time.  I'm sure you could probably find clients willing to pay $500 an hour too.    
    But if I have seen several snugglers for half what you're charging, I am within my rights to see them instead. 
    It doesn't make either of us bad or wrong....
    all I was doing here is expressing gratitude that those snugglers exist that I can afford.  
    By the way snugglesymmetry probably thinks half is too much since he gets it for free :) 

• [Deleted User]Unknown (deleted user)
    edited November 2016
    I've noticed a price increase but in my humble opinion, most of the pros are well worth it. Try the pro and if you think the price is too high and it wasn't worth it,  don't see them again.
  • edited November 2016
    Just to clarify: There is no organised price increase. Each professional is responsible for their own service. The average does appear to be around $80/hr in this industry but I suspect location and individual demand plays a role.
  • edited November 2016
    Yes, one can charge whatever the market will bear. That's the beauty of living in a free market society. And cuddling can be very therapeutic - no argument there.

I simply took issue with the comment above that essentially said "it FEELS like therapy to me, and therapists charge a lot - so therefore, I can too."

Not only does the ego in that statement bother me, but as someone with both therapists in the family and those struggling with mental illness, I find that comment distasteful. You can't fashion yourself a therapist just because you feel like it. It takes years of study and thousands of hours to earn those letters after your name. And that is why "therapy isn't cheap."

• [Deleted User]PatchworkMan (deleted user)
    edited November 2016
    A service is only worth what the market will bear. There's no need for anyone to get snippy. lol
  • [Deleted User]Unknown (deleted user)
    I agree with @patchworkman no snippyness needed. This is a cuddling site, we should all be warm and fuzzy lol
  • I didn't mean any offense, Cuddlygal, I was simply stating how I felt. I'm sorry you interpreted my comment that way, but that is absolutely not what I said or meant. When I cuddle with someone they vent about their troubles, they can unwind about everything they have bottled up to a non-judgmental "stranger." I may not be a licensed or studied therapist, but I do provide therapy for my clients and I'm sure the other professionals on here provide the same experience as well. 
    Oh, and some of us don't get the honor of cuddling for free (shit happens - blah, blah, blah). I can tell you that for those of us in "unique positions/circumstances," feeling human for an hour is a priceless thing. Not well off, not wealthy, but I'll goddamned sure pay for the company when I can. lol
  • I like the fact that on the snugglebuddies site, at least every snuggler there is $80 per hour because its a rate set the by site itself.   
    and that's after they fork over 50% to the web site.  So those of you asking for $100 on this site which asks for a lot less of a cut are really asking for a lot more :)   
    Comparing your work to professional therapists who spend hours getting training and licensed is kind of silly I think...

• I'm not claiming to do what professional therapists do, I'm claiming to do what I do. They use psychological, educated therapy and I do cuddle therapy. People leave feeling like they've received therapy in both situations, and that is my argument. As one of my customers stated right above you: "[it] is a priceless thing" to him, and he was happy to pay my price. Believe it or not, he helped me pay my rent that month, and I'm so grateful. Some people aren't interested in paying 100$/hr and I understand that, but those people can go to those other cuddlers that charge $80 and be perfectly happy too. That's what is great about this site: people can charge what they want, and pay what they want. There are so many options, and other sites too. I understand the customer's perspective, but there is a cuddler's side to this experience to take into consideration. If you don't like it, just move on and let's all be happy!

I do have to wonder if either greenearth or cuddlygal have participated in cuddle therapy, or just regular cuddling. Because there is a large difference between the two.
  • Greenearth, most snugglers on Snugglebuddies charge $80 plus drive time but they do not set that price for the snugglers. It's very much the same as this site so you'll find different prices there too. Just wanted to let you know. 
    I did my first requested snuggle session for the price of....a grande Blonde Roast with room. 

I may not be pretty, but I am affordable. lol
  • haha, no, you are beautiful and affordable Patch ;) <3 haha

I am truly flattered. :muah:
  • [Deleted User]VIPirate (deleted user)
    edited November 2016
    Snuggle Buddies isn't a good example, but I've beaten that horse to death. A lot of their employees don't even get paid unless the client pays the cuddler upfront. Plus I don't know who would want to fork over 50% of their earnings if they even see a dollar. At least on this site it's just a 15% cut. Much more tolerable if you're trying to earn money.