Why do pros get to choose which gender of people they cuddle?

I'm puzzled that there is even a field for "Cuddles: [gender]" in a pro's profile, since two of the requirements of being a pro are:

• You can be affectionate to anyone.
  • You are accepting of all races, ages, genders, and sexual orientations.

(Source: CuddleComfort | Become a Professional Cuddler https://www.cuddlecomfort.com/become-a-professional-cuddler)

I just did a search for male professional cuddlers within a 300-mile radius who cuddle men and came up with zero. Then I changed the filter from "They cuddle: men" to "They cuddle: women" and came up with four, all of whose profiles showed "Cuddles: Women." I wonder if @Mark , @Sideon , or @squeakytoy can explain? (Sorry if I am @mark-ing too much, but sometimes I have questions about the site in general, and I'd like to get answers that can benefit others as well.)

Comments

• @nurturingman - this may help.

Mark explains here:

It's worth considering that female pros will sometimes limit their services to other females in order to feel more safe while they tentatively enter this industry and learn what this profession really involves.

There are likely other innocent reasons for certain gender preferences too. It's just not worthwhile to be banning these people. They are really just harming their own business prospects as they won't show in most searches.

While we do ask that pros only apply if they accept all genders, it's primarily to encourage the most suitable candidates. So yes, like some other behavioral site aspects, this one falls into the 'default non-enforcement' category. And like others in this category (e.g. late cancellations, no shows), we do still reserve the right to enforce on a case-by-case basis.

And also here:

Yes, it's different for male pros. It's not a good use of resources to manage the quality and approvals for them. There's so little demand and many of them are just trying it out for 1-2 months and leaving. So we give them a pathway to do that, add a payment barrier which helps filter out some of the frivolous registrations and then leave them to it.

In regards to cuddling all genders, that is more about putting forward our expectations at the application stage rather than being an actual rule. Overall it's considered a negative but we typically do not take punitive action based on that alone.