Discounts

Hi, when filing out my account it suggested to create a discount.. what are your suggestions 🤔
TIA

Comments

• edited June 2021

I’m not a pro , but from reading the forum past comments and reading other pros profiles , perhaps you may employ ....

Repeat client discount :
    Once you have “ auditioned “ a client and deemed him safe , the risk amount that has been worked in over the years by other professionals could be removed , similar to what’s called a safe driver discount in the auto insurance business.

Deposit discount :
    There’s someone out there who offers a discount if a deposit is collected for a session.

Hosting discount:
    I see sometimes a discount offered if the client purchases a hotel room . What’s the difference if the clients hosts at a hotel , or at their own home ? In some cases the clients own home is better appointed then the local Marriott.

Slow period discount ( or weekday discount rather than weekend sessions )
    If middle of the week days are slow , you might try discount for those days.

Here’s one to try to collect from the website : you are paying a whopping fifteen percent , perhaps if you consistently book clients I would try to negotiate that down to ten percent or less. Of course the site needs money but I don’t think it’s fair that busy pros push the website cart while those who log in once every three months are riding in the cart for free .

I think if you try those and tweak what works you will have in no time a running money train

• Here’s one to try to collect from the website : you are paying a whopping fifteen percent , perhaps if you consistently book clients I would try to negotiate that down to ten percent or less. Of course the site needs money but I don’t think it’s fair that busy pros push the website cart while those who log in once every three months are riding in the cart for free .

Wait what? @cuddlerforu24 The 15% cut isn’t negotiable. Even if you rarely book clients here, it is the lowest cut taken compared to other sites and therefore CC is the cheapest place to be a professional cuddler. There have been sites that have taken up to 50% of a cut if I remember correctly, not to mention a lot of options want you to pay month to month or yearly to host your profile.

• The immediate purpose of discounts is usually to drive customer behaviour in the direction that you want. If you want to host, offer discount for hosting. If you want to be a guest, but offer hosting, offer a discount for being a guest.

Figure out what session length suits you and structure your prices accordingly. An often-neglected point is 90 minutes, which is a much more natural length for anything than one or two hours. (Most popular films are around 90 minutes, that's not an accident.)

@cuddlerforu24 has some good ideas, but the 15% is not 'whopping' it's incomprehensibly tiny. Trying to negotiate something already so cheap is just embarrassing.

Note that there is a type of creepy client who is well behaved for one or two sessions before turning revolting. Minimum of three before accepting anybody into the 'safe zone'.

• edited June 2021

@CuddleDuncan read the thread “ Is this a full time job for pro cuddlers “ in this ( professionals category.

There is a pro who posted that she , in 5-6 months books more than 20k but less then 30k . May I average that to 25k . So 15 % of 25k is 3,750 and on a differant website that charges only 40 per month , that’s 4o x 6 is 240 .

You are saying 3,750 is the smaller of the two . And incomprehensible tiny .

And the other website will feature a pros profile to the same World Wide Web including even more then this site , which you have to sign up for .

(If I paid 3750 in commissions to a website in a 6 month period, and I reported a client who violated the TOS , and that clients profile was /still featured on the CC website uninterrupted , I would delete my CC pro account and, take my profile and repeat clients and go the the 40 per month website)

• edited June 2021

@cuddlerforu24 err, no, I was only saying that 15% commission is a very low rate. (I didn't feel like thinking about with your wider 'fairness' point, so I didn't, and I don't have a view on it.)

• [Deleted User]Moxytocin (deleted user)

You can create multiple hour discounts to try to encourage longer appts, overnight discounts, discounts for social/outdoor/public outings.

• Guys as a Marketing theory and technique as long it's not a sale for everyone never disclose about your 10-15% discount as it's going to be taken for granted, my own opinion is to hold it as an incentive and to be granted on a case by case at least it will have a Kind of appreciation and value.

• [Deleted User]Moxytocin (deleted user)
    edited June 2021

As a pro, I believe there is a rule saying you cannot give special discounts to just a select few people or case by case. There is a place at the bottom of the profile to post regular discounts that automatically calculate at booking. (As I say this, I know I have a few in my profile text that I have to transfer to the discount area.)