Pro 4 pros about talking on and off the site

[Deleted User]cuddlesofcurves (deleted user)
I tell all my clients I'm not supposed to talk off the site, which is true and I've had a few get nasty with me (threats and such) so I really don't feel comfortable talking off the site, but I've had a few recently that were interested in maybe booking then when I would not give out my number they'd totally discontinued talking to me on the site

Idk if they think I'm lying or what.
What are other pros take on this, any advice for a new pro?

Comments

• [Deleted User]Unknown (deleted user)
    Does it actually say somewhere that you can't talk off the site? If so, can you please point out where it says that? I'm really curious.
  • Actually yes, both professionals, and clients both had to sign an agreement when signing up for cuddle comfort. as a reminder its actually on the home page (for pros at least) I'm not sure about regular members?
     but it shows both options to be read on our side. They also heavily enforce it, a client gave me his number, and a few minutes later, a person from the site messaged me with a reminder of the contract and to keep all contact through here.

cuddlesofcurves, I would say just politely remind them in your first message that you are a pro, why you are a pro, maybe something personal about their profile and why you are interested in cuddling them, and if they are interested in continuing you can mention how easy it is, all set up through the site, but be polite and take interest in everyone individuality. and if they are not understanding, thats obviously not someone you want over :P

• [Deleted User]PulpFiction18 (deleted user)
    I tell clients I can only communicate on this site too and I actually had one tell me it's done all the time and to stop being a sheep. This guy is well reviewed on here too which I found interesting.
    edited November 2016
    The reason the site doesn't want pros to communicate with clients outside the site is because they want to make sure they get their cut. They can't monitor your communications outside of the site so whose to say cuddlers aren't arranging sessions away from CC and not paying CC their cut? I can understand why CC encourages you to communicate solely through the site but does that mean that we shouldn't be able to communicate via a phone call for example? I've hired 13 professional cuddlers and it's only the last one that requested a phone call prior to meeting. It was a very good experience and something I would like to do moving forward. One of the most important elements of cuddling is communication and we as individuals should be allowed to communicate how we wish. Is arranging a session outside of cuddle comfort wrong? If you've met someone on here, then CC should get their cut but once again, is communication outside of the site wrong? My answer is no.
  • Personally I looove the feature of keeping communication through here.Its easy, safe, and overall, it can be overwealming with cuddle clients having my phone number, because sometimes there is a long time span in between sessions and I don't know weather or not to keep their contact, or some people are very pestering when texting. certain people I wouldn't mind but I wouldn't want most of my clients to set up through phone, its an extra hassle that's totally not needed.

And, they need to be sure no "extras" are solicited plus their cut, so If everyone just followed the rules things would run smoothly. If you like to call the person beforehand morpheous, that's totally fine but probably not from anyone on here, don't want them to get in trouble since things are heavily monitored (I don't think people relaize how much it actually is) 
    Pulpfiction18, I wouldn't fall into peer pressure of breaking the sites rules, over one client. its not worth it in the end really. because if your profile got taken down over that it would be pretty frustrating lol At least Id think so. :P

• [Deleted User]VIPirate (deleted user)
    Oh boy. I don't exactly like what I'm reading here. Here's the thing. We, as clients, are already paying for something that, by all rational standards, should be free. At the end of the day, I don't expect a cuddler to want to date me, or hook up and start a family. But how about platonic friendship? I can't send along a text just to say hello and see how your day is going?
  • Why cant you say hello and see how our day is going through the site?
    No different, its all just typed words. however 1 way is breaking the rules, and the other isnt..

:) Not saying I don't mind talking to clients often, I don't mind at all, its encouraged. but I think its only fair to continue respecting CC rules, it is bringing us all together after all.

I feel that pro cuddlers have no obligation to be friends with clients outside of paid cuddle sessions. The are providers and we are clients. If a friendship naturally develops, great but it should not be expected. Pros are generally extremely nice with warm inviting personalities but that doesn't mean they should be your friend. 
    Brandi, I'm beginning to think that the bringing us all together thing is a bit of a myth. At the end of the day it's still a service. I'll give you a good example. I moved into my new home on October 7th. My realtor's job was done and she could have walked away. She did not. She still chats with me to this day and I value her as a friend. My point is I know it's a paid service, but the moment it starts feeling more like that than a genuine connection, I walk away. I would never hire anyone who was more business like than friendly. Not happening.
    @VIPirate I truly believe that the best way to approach time spent with a professional cuddler is to be in the moment, enjoy it, be grateful for the amazing experience and then let it go.
    @Morpheus Then we will have to agree to disagree. No harm intended. I get the business side. I just don't always like it. Probably why I haven't paid in nearly 2 years.
    @VIPirate I respectfully understand your stance.
  • I've often been told that you have to schedule sessions on the site...but other conversations don't have to be on the site. I mean why would they?

edited November 2016
    The cuddler contract and independent contractor agreement states,

All contact with the client, including scheduling, should remain on our website unless absolutely necessary.

The keyword "should" expresses a point of view and not a definitive rule. Nowhere on the contract does it say that communication outside of the site absolutely cannot take place as well as nowhere does it say you will be banned or punished if you do so.

I agree with @greenearth, scheduling on the site, yes but to say communication can't happen outside of the site is not reasonable.

• I mean one of the snugglers I see off and on, I actually met her on snugglebuddies.com first...and then she came here...but we're like FB friends now.  so what. I can't message her on fb? hahah

• I understand what many of you are saying and I want to point out that in the event that communication such as scheduling moves off-site, it's the Cuddler who is punished for that, not the client (as Brandi pointed out when she mentioned that immediately a message was sent after providing her phone number). If you genuinely want to respect the work that Cuddlers are doing,that also means recognizing the parameters and rules set up for everyone's well-being. Having a time stamp and info about the meeting is also useful information in the event of anything happening that compromises your safety.
    I don't think communicating on this website negates forming a genuine friendship at all. There are friends I talk with primarily on twitter or instagram or facebook and that has never been an issue. If a Cuddler would like to set a personal boundary with texting, I think that is the Cuddler's prerogative. I used to work with professors who didn't set this boundary and they were constantly being texted by a number of students (ages ranging from 20-46) at all hours, and when they later tried to set boundaries because their relationships with students were moving into questionable territory (not sexual, but doing crisis calls to their houses at 2 am), several students became really resentful and unkind. Setting that boundary right from the start can be essential for your friendship and making sure not to muddle the lines of your relationship on either end. But as I said, that boundary is up to the Cuddler, some may and some may decide not to.

• thank you sweet and snug, that's what I've been thinking this whole time.. Flashing back to the several unwanted pervy calls and uneeded texts at 3 am lol.
    But then again, I have some people I regularly contact daily on here, send them a good morning, or a good afternoon, and  just check up on them because I do genuinely care. but its way more relaxed of a set up through this site, its safer, easier to type than text. don't get me wrong LOOOOVE my clients lol. and talking to them too, but we have a personal life too, and I think that's hard to forget for some.

. why don't the clients also get messages if they break the rules? or do they, and they just ignore them? 

edited November 2016
    If a cuddler doesn't want to give out their number, that is their perogative and everyone needs to be respectful of that. My point in responding to this thread is to say that it is not breaking a rule for a cuddler to give her number out. As I referenced in my comment above, what's stated in the contract regarding communication between pros and clients is a suggestion and not a rule.
  • By the way, some snugglers I've been with get second phones and they only use those for cuddling clients. 
    So they don't actually give out their real numbers....and they can always turn off that second phone when they don't want to be bothered by weird clients

• edited November 2016
    I agree with Morpheus and others - At the end of the day whichever way is used to communicate is irrelevant. There simply are too many scammers trying to obtain personal information such as addresses, phone numbers and the like. Remember it also makes it hard for them to be tracked if you communicate offline. 

Just use common sense and only do so if you're familiar enough with the person.

Kik is a good alternative, especially when plans can sometimes change unexpectedly. Since not everyone is always on the site, a cancellation may not be seen until later. In any case, I probably should have clarified earlier that I don't expect to be given a phone number. It's just nice to know that you are worthy of that trust. I know that not everyone is, though.