Why would you pay $100+ per hour for a Pro Cuddler?

Is it really worth that much more than an amateur? What are you getting for that $100+ that you wouldn't get with some local cuddler, anyway?

Comments

• Depending on who you choose (because there are some bad pros out there), you’re paying for an almost immediate answer, in some cases more experience and you get 100% of the attention.

• Thank you, Sheena. It still seems like a lot to pay. How are the prices set? There is a wide range offered without any clear correlation to experience, talent, etc.

• You’re paying whatever price you’re paying because if you contact a non pro cuddler your chances of getting a response are slim to none. Even if you contact a pro cuddler your chances of getting a response are about 50/50 at best.
    So that’s the reason you’re paying

• edited July 2021

Professionals set their own price - it's nothing to do with the site or anybody else. It's the price that works for them.

There is no great correlation between price and anything else such as experience or 'quality'. Insofar as there is any correlation it is mild and anecdotal evidence suggests that it is negative i.e. the more you pay the worse the service.

Your question about 'worth' doesn't actually make sense because cuddling with a professional and a fellow enthusiast are not directly comparable. In one case you are paying for a service, and in the other you are engaging in a mutual act: they are profoundly different.

The nature of professional cuddling varies wildly. The best professionals are well trained and are acutely aware that cuddling is primarily an emotional experience, not primarily a physical one. (Obviously the physical aspect is very important, but not primary.)

Being a good professional cuddler is a complex, difficult and very demanding job, which the vast majority of people simply could not do. For example, a high proportion of clients are trauma survivors. If you're interested in what cuddle professionals actually do, start by reading up on transference.

In other words, there's a lot more to this than meets the eye.

if you contact a non pro cuddler your chances of getting a response are slim to none.

That's only true for people who have poor profiles and write poor messages. It has taken me some time to get there, but my response rate is probably ... one in five? For people within reasonable age and distance range, maybe as much as half? I haven't counted up, but something like that.

• @MrMarkAndrew prices definitely vary. Some people come on here and charge an exorbitant amount because they think “I’m a female. They will pay a lot” and then soon realize there’s so much more to pro cuddling than just setting a price and saying “come get me”. Those types usually leave after a little bit. The site suggests a starting price of $80/h, which is what I do.

Some newer cuddlers with less experience will start their prices lower and once they have more experience and karma, they will up their price.

Other pros have full time jobs so they don’t absolutely need to do this. They figure they can have a very high price and even if they just get one or two cuddlers here and there, that’s good enough for them. Everyone has a price that works for them. The site says the lowest price to charge is $40/h. But there’s no limit for pricing up.

If you’re having issues coming to terms with putting out this money for a cuddle, you can keep sending out messages to enthusiasts and see if one responds, which could be possible or find a pro near you that had a lower range for price and see how you two connect. Make sure she knows what she’s doing.

Good luck!

• What you're paying for is the fact that pros will actually cuddle you, and they will do it without a lot of preliminary back and forth messaging. Most men never find a non-pro to cuddle on this site.

There's no magic skill pros have that makes them better to cuddle than any other random woman and hence no other reason they're "worth that much more than an amateur." Don't get me wrong, many pros are really great to cuddle with, but... well, like I said, there's nothing magic to it. It's just cuddling.

As for whether it's worth the price, of course that's up to you. If I made a low or average income I imagine I would see a pro cuddler only on rare occasions.

• There's no magic skill pros have that makes them better to cuddle than any other random woman

That's definitely true from a physical perspective. Being spooned by a professional isn't physically different from being spooned by an enthusiast. Well, overall I find that professionals tend to be slightly more skilled than enthusiasts because they've thought about it more and had more practice, but the difference is minimal.

• Well one pro cuddler told me that the reason clients see her is because they're so awkward or unattractive, or creepy or weird that they can't someone who wants to cuddle with them for free. She thought it was strange that I saw pro cuddlers. Which she then added "no offense". lol
    So in that case, it makes sense why you would pay for it if you were in that category.
    But if you aren't one of those things it doesn't make sense to spend $100 or more per hour. One hour of cuddling is not enough for most people. and one cuddle session a month is barely enough. so you'll go broke really fast if you rely on this and get addicted to cuddling.
    I used to see pro cuddlers when they were more reasonable..some offered $60 per hour or $50 per hour.
    now that they charge double that, I made the effort to find one or two cuddler enthusiasts. Its actually easier to find FWB's than cuddlers by the way. So i usually just find a fwb and get my cuddling needs met that way :)

• Thanks for all the answers, everyone. I appreciate all the insight and experience shared. I'm still not really convinced that there is a measurable difference in cuddling that makes it worth $100/hr (as well as the seeming lack of any formula for or standardization in pricing). No offense to any pro cuddlers, but it's just not like the same rigorous process that a recognized Yoga or Massage certification takes in terms of industry standards, clock hours, and professional development. I am admittedly new to this whole thing but I was attracted to the mutually positive aspects of cuddling for two people, not just another random thing to shell money out on.

• edited July 2021

@Melancholy

Well one pro cuddler told me that the reason clients see her is because they're so awkward or unattractive, or creepy or weird that they can't someone who wants to cuddle with them for free.

I have also had a couple pros express incredulity that I see pros, basically saying "Why don't you just date?" In other words, yeah, most of their clients apparently just deeply struggle to meet women, and see pro cuddlers as a substitute for dating. However, I think that's somewhat specific to that particular location and those cuddlers, I definitely don't think every cuddle client is terrible with women.

But if you aren't one of those things it doesn't make sense to spend $100 or more per hour.

Speak for yourself. I'm not one of those things and I still see pros on occasion. [BTW you're potentially sending a pretty offensive message to like 80% of the people on this site.]

and one cuddle session a month is barely enough. so you'll go broke really fast if you rely on this and get addicted to cuddling

Again, speak for yourself. Some people have money.

Its actually easier to find FWB's than cuddlers by the way.

This is 100% true. It's way, way easier to find women who want to have sex with me than women who just want to cuddle.

• edited July 2021

There are lots of reasons to see a professional aside from the reasons listed, but this has been discussed extensively in the forums already... *I find some of the comments made really offensive, so I just wanted to say that.

• edited July 2021

I cuddle both enthusiasts and pros and there is good and bad with both. I do agree there has been a surge in prices going up and the quality going down. But it is what it is. And yes it is easier to find FWB—that’s not hard at all. Finding a quality cuddler is much tougher and the best one I ever had was an enthusiast FWIW.