Client has requested text companionship

[Deleted User]Healing_Hugs (deleted user)

Hi Pros!

One of my clients who I have had one in person session with and one virtual session with has asked if I would consider offering him companionship via texting. I'm completely happy with this but I've not done it before so I wanted to ask if anyone has done this and their advice..

I'm worried that it will seem very transactional if I say something like £20 a month for X number of texts but I don't want to feel as if I have to be in constant communication with him either as I'm very busy. I tried to ask him what sort of text arrangement he would like but, as he also hasn't done this before either, he has asked me to suggest something to him and I'm stumped!!

Just to give a bit of background, I normally charge £70 per hour for in person cuddling, £50 per hour for companionship and £40 per hour for virtual companionship.

If anyone had any advice, bug or small, I would really appreciate it🤗

Comments

• Hi there—I have had these arrangements in the past, and I think your figure is far too low. I typically charge 50 USD (36 GBP) per week for this sort of service, usually paid out biweekly.

I think it’s a bit weird and cumbersome to allot a certain number of texts—I feel like that would encourage him to write novels or to complain of you sent several short ones in a row. Plus, who wants to count them?

I do better by being very clear about what times of day I’m busy/unavailable. I’m generally good for a good morning exchange, some midday “how’s it going” stuff or some random selfies or silly pics, and then maybe an evening chat. I add in short video calls 1 or 2x per week if the client likes them, but generally 15 min or so as opposed to a long virtual session.

My advice, though… I don’t advise this type of service unless you genuinely enjoy communicating with this person and you’re a big texter in general. It’s easy to get busy and let things fall by the wayside, and it can be damaging to your longterm client relations and feel stressful for you. Good luck!

• [Deleted User]Healing_Hugs (deleted user)

Thank you much! This is such amazing advice so I really appreciate it 💕