Me, a New User, on the forums, trying to avoid discussions that always end in disaster

Comments

• Lol ~ Love this!!

And then there's women...

• Haha. Great profile.

• OMGOSH!!!!! hahahhahahahhahaa YES!!!!!!

I am dying. LITERALLY LAUGHING OUT LOUD!!!!!
    These ladies are the best in the land. πŸ₯°
    What a FANTASTIC PROFILE!!!! And a beautiful thread.
    Welcome to the site!! @22cuddle
    I was on here for a YEAR before I even posted a single word. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• [Deleted User]squeakytoy (deleted user)

Ahahaha, good luck, and welcome to CC! Don't worry, most of the threads are pretty harmless :relaxed: Have fun!

• Aaahaha glad to make y'all laugh @quixotic_life and @sillysassy really a whole year?? Given what I've seen of you it would be a Herculean feat to be in a bad mood when you're around, your positivity is more contagious than the 'rona πŸ˜„ but seriously I genuinely appreciate your effort and presence and I thank you and @littermate very kindly for the compliments on my profile. It's straight from the heart; we come to the greatest epiphanies often at our lowest points, but I am absolutely bursting with joyful hope for the future, as I am here now armed with this priceless knowledge of self!! @squeakytoy hahaha dw I take it all with a grain of salt, fwiw my short time on the site so far has been overwhelmingly positive. I had a couple people just reach out to welcome me - real people, not auto-reply bots! - and I'm humbled with gratitude as something like that has never happened before. And to know that I'm amongst people who share this pretty major single value of the importance of human physical connection... I'm just filled with hope and love πŸ€—

• Yup lol, every single discussion on here.

• Pardon the pun, but there is a common thread, in the threads that seem to unravel.

@cookiecrumb There are several topics that automatically make me groan and think, "Oh no, here come the fights and flags":

• Politics
    • Religion
    • Covid/vaccine-related
    • Professional cuddlers' rates
    • Gender-related
    • Interpersonal frustrations on this site (ie. nobody is responding, why did I get blocked)
    • Reactionary posts to posts that got heated or recently closed

Don't get me wrong, I love a lively discussion! And if I'm honest, I've been really impressed at how civil the conversations have stayed on many of the recent posts I expected to go off the rails. But any new post under one of the topics in the above list still makes my eye twitch.

• @squeakytoy Those topic categories pretty much catch all that interests me! πŸ˜‚

• @cookiecrumb hahahahhaa YOU ARE SO RIGHT!!!! Although sometimes they unravel and take a turn in a different direction than OP initially intended for THE GOOD!!!!! hahahhahaha That was so PUNNY!! πŸ˜‚

@22cuddle You are so kind!!! Thank you for your encouraging words. Truth is there are lots of beautiful humans here and sometimes our lives take over and we don't have as much time to give etc. Its ebb and flow. I LOVE what you just said here!! So so so nice to see. I was just in SF! If I would've only known there was a happiness hero so close my vacation might have included a coffee visit!

but I am absolutely bursting with joyful hope for the future, as I am here now armed with this priceless knowledge of self

I do have a pretty strong opinion about the pixie dust we do or do NOT sprinkle on those around us.
    A Virus is Contagious
    Fear is Contagious
    Hope is Contagious
    Happiness is Contagious

We must choose wisely what we spread. In fact (ahem..... Madame SQUEAKYTOY beware.....) I might have to resurrect a thread in the hopes of extra lovely interactions!!! 😘

@UCpaaHVg6u0 I mean, you're right, those topics can also be fun to watch in an "uh-oh, what's gonna happen next" mischievous type of way.

But all the same, I try to keep an eye on them to make sure rules aren't being broken along the way. LOL

• @squeakytoy

Where’s the popcorn right?? Thank goodness I am NOT a mod!!! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• @squeakytoy You made my day with that gif. I grew up with dogs like that and had my first one prolly around that age. Fuzzy love!! <3 <3 <3