It is ok to not have to prove you are right

edited July 2021 in General

There are rarely instances on this site so important that one would truly need to vehemently cling to their defense and point of view to the extent that so many on here do these days . It's ok to be wrong and better yet, it's ok to admit it . And even if you are right , is it really so important that you must tit for tat and get the last word in the argument? I find myself caring less and less about what others have to say because my brain needs special filters to decipher through all the waste material

Comments

• No you are wrong even though I am not right.

• Yes me for the last time!

• Let’s settle this like adults!

• Cant I even have a serious thread about being irritated about something? Come on this is important and you are offending me 😩

• I get it, you are in a get off my lawn state of mind. Will do. I will take my act to Vegas…eventually.

• You are welcome on my lawn anytime @FunCartel just be sure to cover the lawn mower when you are done

• 👍👍👍

• I vehmently agree, though I also disagree. XD

• edited July 2021

I would concur with the comments above, but I must disagree, because I am a jackoff and a real wanker sometimes.

But I do agree with pmvines here.

• I admit I was wrong in thinking I wasn’t right.

• I disagree. I believe it is NOT ok to not have to prove you are right. My strategy is to be correct in all instances. Because that might impress someone sufficiently, that they decide to cuddle with me. I’ll let you know how it works out.

• @cualtzin ah so the alpha brain technique I see

• The op brings up a really good question , & from my point of view I don’t see the issue of someone trying to be right or wrong, what I see is the difference of opinions not being respected & the tearing down of others because their perspectives don’t align with their own. Happy Thursday all.

• @pmvines 😅 You are almost correct. I believe I take it to the next level. So I call it the alphalpha brain strategy.

• @cualtzin i can ALMOST agree with you but I think I am MORE right….

And excuse Mister OP I Feel as though you have made an offensive thread that really belongs in the GRIPES AND GRIEVANCES thread. This is COMPLETELY unacceptable categorization and there shall be penalties

I feel very strongly about this.

• @sillysassy LOL. Careful, you are treading into “bullying” territory. 🤣

• You are so vicious

• @sillysassy Your logic is flawless, but it goes against my principles to admit that someone is more right than me. I will however accept, that if our statements were swapped, I would be more right than you. But we do have common ground on OP. He should have seen this coming. 🙄

• But... but... but... I just want everyone to agree with all my correctnesses and validate all my feelings... I just don't understand why other people don't think I'm as important as I do!!!

In all seriousness though ~ I so love that there are people here willing to step up and call me out when I'm drifting into that territory of vehemently clinging to my point of view, or point out that I'd gain just as much ground shouting at a brick wall. Or in one case where they basically said I was coming off a bit unhinged! ~ Isn't that one of the sweetest things ever?! I mean really ~ I felt a lot of love and care in that message (and a mess of hard truth too).

I wish more people could take that kind of message and ease up a bit/let stuff go too...

• @quixotic_life 💗💗💗
    😂😂😂
    you humans are da bestest!! I know I'm kind of a bully though.... You are right..... But I am a really good kind of loveable bully and EVERYONE should love my kind of bullying the best because its the BEST way to bully!! In fact I think I'm going to start a thread about the BEST WAY TO BULLY!!!!

• [Deleted User]CharlesThePoet (deleted user)
    edited July 2021

sillysassy, the Cuddle Bully of the Mountains.

• [Deleted User]DarrenWalker (deleted user)

@pmvines: I think I'm at least reasonably good at admitting it when I realize I'm wrong. Shutting up and letting other people be wrong, though—I suck at that!

Probably it comes from the way I was raised: I've seen even apparently innocuous incorrect beliefs causing a great deal of harm. What's so important about insisting the whole man/woman dichotomy is wrong, for instance? That's normal. Our whole society is built around it. Clearly it works. Surely I could just shut up about it.

But there's my dad, suppressing his softer emotions and forcing himself to be confrontational even though he hates confrontation and thinking that other people are mad at him makes him want to cry. And there's my mom, with so much bottled-up anger because women aren't supposed to be angry any more than they're supposed to be objective and rational in relationships, so how can she express any of it? And here's me, pushed into one box with everything that would've gotten me put in the other box clipped off, without my consent, because God forbid I exist as I was born, outside of any boxes at all!

Eh. I guess I have a tendency to pick, as hills to die on, the ones where I've been gutted. Oh well.

• @DarrenWalker "I guess I have a tendency to pick, as hills to die on, the ones where I've been gutted." I like how you wrote that! Can I borrow that sometime?

@pmvines , hey do you know where one could find any of those special brain filters you are referring to? Medical supply store or something? Any DIY versions on the web? I want those bad! :)

• [Deleted User]DarrenWalker (deleted user)

@OhioMike: You bet.

• My son Aidan is 10 years old and on the autism spectrum. But he is not dumb, and I am not neglectful in teaching him. Consequently, he is smarter than his peers. However, because of his autism, he does not pick up on social cues, and does not know how to handle it when someone argues with him, and he knows he is right. He's a big boy, and he's not afraid to fight for what he knows is right. So, I told him, "Aidan, you can tell them what is right. And if they tell you something that is wrong, you don't have to argue with them. You can be content in knowing that you are right. You don't have to fight him. Because, if you fight him, regardless if you are right, he won't want to talk to you about it anymore. It is more important to win the person, than it is to win the argument." And I hope that makes him a good friend, and will give him good skills, when he gets in a relationship someday.

• edited July 2021

@OhioMike ~ How about some of this...?

Mental Floss 😉

• @quixotic_life um well um thanks! :) i was thinking it was going to be more like coffee filters and rubberbands, etc. or something like that. But yours would definitely clean out all the useless crap I am storing in my brain all the time. Thank you!

• Why not put the crank in the back?