If your life were a book . . .

If your life were a book, what would be the title?

Submarine Sailor Dad
Rising from the deepest darkest depths to find fresh life and light

Comments

• [Deleted User]DarrenWalker (deleted user)

A human life is a complex and genre-defying thing. And more often than not you can't accurately judge a book by the title on its cover, either.

I've also got to contend with the fact that my life's barely even a third over: working titles have a tendency to change even when the person coming up with the title also has complete control over everything that happens in the story, which I don't, on account of I'm not God.

The first twenty years of my life could probably be titled When Love Means Hate (and subtitled Raised With Christ).

From there? I don't know yet. But I'm looking forward to finding out.

• [Deleted User]DarkLordChungus (deleted user)
    edited July 2021

@DarrenWalker

You raise some solid points.

The title of the first book about my life would be Locomotive Nothing: A Hideous Play of Mediocrity Begins. It would start with my conception, skip my childhood (as I dislike the fact that I was ever a child), and touch upon specific areas that had an impact upon how I view the world, from the age of sixteen until twenty-eight.

The book would be an incredibly bleak hodgepodge of cynical and gross humor.

• @cookiecrumb oh my!!! What an interesting and thought provoking thread..... That's quite a title!! Like DW says... The title doesn't ALWAYS reflect but it sure seems to in this case. Although it sounds like it has a lovely ending. Finding Fresh Life and Light (ever in progress)

Wow.... hmmmm I am going to have to think about that a bit. hhhhhhmmmmmmmmm TENTATIVELY I think I might say
    ---------------Love and Light: Finding My Healthy Balance and Rhythm----------

(GOOD GRIEF!! Its hard to even write it here. What an interesting response I am having! It feels similar to a tattoo.... What do I align with so strongly that I would be willing to paint it on a body part? What can I believe now that will stay true for the long haul?)

@DarrenWalker I can totally relate to the ever changing and incomplete.... and my life is probably only 1/2 over.
    @DarkLordChungus Its a fantastic title! What a good way to talk about how things impact us. (Is cynical and gross humor always bleak??? hahahhaa)

• The Unpaid Non Professional Soldier:

@cookiecrumb "Rising from the deepest darkest depths to find fresh life and light" That sums mine up too, man. :P

• [Deleted User]DrCuddleBug (deleted user)

Mine actually is a book, but I won't share that info in a forum. lol

I do want to do a follow-up. The working title is, "What the Hell Was That?"

• [Deleted User]CharlesThePoet (deleted user)

The title of my book is: Sandpaper Bookmark.