I Saw:

edited July 2021 in General

What looked like a baby bee for the first time ever, while trying to lead a couple of snails out of danger and back into a garden. I ended up scaring it away cause I got a bit too excited. It was a nice sighting. 😊

I don't know anything about gardening or snails. Though trying to Google and YouTube about them briefly is giving me seemingly contradictory info at a glance as to whether or not they are good for gardens. I look forward to learning about them a bit more and hope I did the right thing leading them back to it. Though I made sure not to touch them, just gently led them to it with a stick. Then sanitized my hands, * for now, as that's all I've access to. :P

The silver lining is that I saw the baby bee/. It was so cute. 😍

Comments

• edited July 2021

Snails are usually considered to be bad for gardens because they eat the plants.

In general, the easiest way to move a snail to is to pick it up slowly and gently by the shell. It won't understand what's happening, and will retreat into the shell. It's then easy to transport and lay down gently wherever you want it. UK garden snails are safe to touch, and a few light touches won't do any long term harm to the snail.

Standard operating procedure when you find them is to move them caringly into the garden of a neighbour that you dislike.

• @CuddleDuncan Thanks for the the tip. I once picked one up given that I had something to grab it with. Note taken: mwahahaha! 😈 😇