Crushing the game of Life!! Player one... You're up! πŸ’“

edited July 2021 in General

It's "Wellness Wednesday Week"!!
[Because you deserve this and so do I!]

Here's a mini mid-week challenge to get things going:

... because I know multiple people here who might benefit from this and It's already been helping me today...

Because every week can be a Wellness Week!!
β€’ Feel free to post any other such exercises or strategies...
β€’ β€’ Any day of the week...
β€’ β€’ β€’ Any week of the year!!

Is there a skill you're currently working on?
β€’ What's been helpful in meeting your goals?
β€’ Or do you feel like obtaining the results you want isn't going to plan?

Please share as you're able and willing.
β€’ There may just be another here who has been there before and found where the gems are hidden (to pay the troll(s) blocking your path).
β€’ Or perhaps there's another feeling alone on their journey and you two (or more) could benefit from having travel companions.

You never know, until you say, "Yes." to being vulnerable, what may come to pass.

Wishing you All the Best on your Wellness Journey!
πŸŒžπŸ—ΊπŸ§­πŸ’ž ~QL

Comments

• edited July 2021

Well done QL! You posted the nice thing you wanted to post!

Well done QL! You still have time to have some coffee and finish your homework before logging into study group!

::adding::
    Well done QL! You went back, changed a typo and are ready to move on! Well done indeed!! 😊

• I like how these are framed...

• edited July 2021

@quixotic_life I like those

• @Melomaniac9 ~ For sure adjusting our perceptions of self is a huge challenge!!!

That we can tell others how beautiful they are, because we see all that they are, but struggle to show ourselves that same affection and worth... Judgements... messy, messy, messy, and definitely a good one to work on!!

• The skills I'm currently working on are ways to interrupt my distress cycles and create emotion regulation pathways through mindfulness, crisis grounding techniques, and focusing on what is in my control.

Breathe... I'm not sure why I struggle so much with trying to focus on my breath, or to regulate my breathing, but I just found this and the kid in me is delighted!!

πŸ¦πŸ’¨... πŸ₯πŸ’¨... πŸ°πŸ’¨... πŸ¦§πŸ’¨... πŸ¦‰πŸ’¨...

• I've been reading"Burnout by Amelia and Emily Nagoski and one thing that came up at the beginning is the idea of "completing" the stress cycle. The idea is that even if the source of stress is gone (looming deadline, frustrating family member causing drama, etc.), we need a way to release the stress in our bodies or we won't feel resolved. Movement and receiving community support are the two most effective ways to do that.

I'm realizing that, even if I'm a good problem solver, completing the stress cycle is a skill I've largely ignored or got without realizing was what I needed so I'm working to make that more intentional when I recognize I'm stressed. This is super important for me because I'm susceptible to burning out really easily and I think this is a big key into why.

This is a really long way to say: I've taken up erratic dancing (that is not a typo) in the kitchen at the end of my days lately while my boyfriend laughs and joins in and it's been very effective.

(Shameless plug: the book also says hugs and touch are also effective at helping complete the stress cycle too because of its relation to being a form of community support)

• @SnugglewithSam ~ I love this!! and found this, "Completing the Stress Cycle" flowchart that helped me better understand it...

Also, "(that is not a typo)" totally made me snort!
    πŸ˜‚πŸ’“

• ❀️
    You are not your thoughts. You are the eternal consciousness observing the thoughts arise. You are the space in which the here and now manifest.
    ❀️

• @quixotic_life These are really great! Thank you!

• OMGOSH!!!! @quixotic_life I LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS!!!!!! πŸ’—πŸ˜ŠπŸ’―

You are so amazing and brilliant for thinking of it and then IMPLEMENTING THE IDEA!!!! It is so fantastic in an extremely detailed and safe way. Oh Quix. What a beautiful addition to our community.

There are so many valid things in here.

``````Emotions aren't good or bad````````` FACT.

-----------Focus on what I CAN control.------------- YES.

**********Give myself kindness, grace, and love just as much as I give it to others******** DOUBLE YES!!!!

The completion of the cycle makes so much sense and OF COURSE ending with snuggles is ALWAYS the answer!!

In the idea of things we are working on and things we have learned but need to remind ourselves of...... In the last few years I had a good friend/mentor say this.

"Just because it is THEIR truth doesn't make it THE truth. If we are all searching for THE truth then that’s what matters."

What was beautiful about this was the idea that I don't have to convince anyone of what I believe and certainly not what I believe that is DIFFERENT than them. i.e. just because they don't think I'm worth loving or too complicated to bother with doesn't make me UNLOVEABLE..... It's just THEIR TRUTH!!! Big.... BIG!!!! Mind Blowing HUGE!!!!

MY TRUTHβ€”- All humans are valuable and worth loving. πŸŒˆπŸ’œπŸ’—

I LOVE THIS THREAD!!! Thank you for this. πŸ₯°

• @sillysassy ~ πŸ’“YES!!

... and ...