Unexpected Benefits of Cuddling

When I took the step of booking my very first cuddle session, I was mostly aware of my need for platonic human touch, and that need was met beautifully.

Just over 3 years and many cuddle-hours later, I'm noticing something about myself that may mean more to me than just the physical contact.

I've been recovering from a long-term toxic relationship, which has left me feeling like no one would ever want to be emotionally close to me. What I've found, though, is that I have no problem at all making connections with people who are emotionally healthy and available.

I've experienced deep conversations, laughter, tears, and acceptance. I've experienced human love that, while platonic, has been more real and rewarding than what I received while seeking romantic love.

A very powerful result of all this is that I've been experiencing more and more love and connection in my day to day life as well. Most of my fear is gone, my self-loathing has dissolved, and I'm experiencing the joy of good people wanting to be near me.

To all here who have contributed to this growth, and who continue to bring me joy, THANK YOU!! 🥰🥰🥰

Comments

• @JoyfulHeart I am glad its been such a positive experience for you. I hope to find those levels of connection again or at least close to for now. For you, I hope you find even greater, if that's what you seek. 🫂

• @Lovelight Thank you! I hope that you can find that connection too!

• @JoyfulHeart ~ That's lovely!!
    Based on your user name, I would have thought your contentment was already abundant... But now realize you may have chosen it based on an insight into manifesting what you wanted to become/possess...
    Either which way, sounds like it fits you quite well! ~ 🥰

• edited July 2021

@quixotic_life Thank you for saying so. It was actually a little over a year ago, I think, when I changed my user name to what it is now.

I felt that JoyfulHeart described me better than my previous name, which was related to what I did at the time rather than to who I am.

What it describes is a reality that I'm continually grateful for.

• edited July 2021

@JoyfulHeart Im so glad you’re healing 🫂and in a better place.
    I understand you on lot of levels as I’m recovering from a toxic relationship as well.
    I was glad I joined CC and my first experience was amazing. It gave me the required push & confidence that not all humans are mean. You just have to rummage through the haystack to find a needle.
    Not the best comparison 😂😂 rather a diamond amongst bunch of carbon lol!
    I’m epically failing today🙏🏼

• @Melomaniac9 I'm glad that you are here, and that you've found at least one diamond! I wish you continued success on your journey of healing!!

• You too!!!
    Now I need to find diamond #2 in person lol
    I have made a few acquaintances here that hopefully will turn into nice friendships I’m looking forward to it🤞🏼
    Sending lots of love & hugs your way!

• After a while, you will discover that you yourself are one of those diamonds. It's an amazing thing to discover and to believe at the very core of your being.

• Awww @JoyfulHeart 🤩🤩🫂🫂🫂🫂 you made my heart happy tight hugs buddy

• @Melomaniac9 Right back at ya, with enthusiasm!!

• Reading this made me smile. @JoyfulHeart
    I’m so glad cuddling has had such positive benefits for you, and you’ve been able to connect with others on such a deep, personal level. Isn’t it wonderful how the simplest form of comfort can bring us so much peace and happiness?

One of my favorite parts of cuddling has been seeing someone go from being tense and nervous at the beginning of a session, to comfortable, calm, and content just from sharing persobal stories, and being wrapped in each other.

Cuddling this last month with others, I’ve noticed I’m much happier in a simple way. It has made me appreciate sharing my time with genuine people and being able to experience joy and comfort in a healing way.

I hope more people find this community so they also can experience first hand how great it is to cuddle with someone who also appreciates a simple comfort.

• @bellebeauty I'm glad I could make you smile! Another benefit of cuddling is the fact that the joy is often forward-payable, or as @sillysassy says in a recent post, it "sloshes". 🙂

And speaking of joy, my feet aren't quite touching the ground this morning, because I have a multi-hour session scheduled today with an awesome cuddler! 🥰🥰🥰

• @JoyfulHeart Thank you very much for this insightful post. I have been in toxic friendships and relationships as well. On the positive side, I learned and have much more healthier connections now!!!😁😎🤗🎉My experiences of cuddling very similar to yours. Cuddling has led to many positive experiences for as well!!!

• [Deleted User]Rachelina (deleted user)

That is so awesome to hear!!

• [Deleted User]americandapper (deleted user)

I recently had my first cuddle session and am overwhelmed over how positive the experience was. I didn't know I could be embraced, accepted, and to share laughter and tears with a stranger now friend. I hope to embrace the community and others seeking physical touch and love. I am happy to read about your experience because I have also been in a not so good relationship recently, you give me hope towards a brighter future filled with joy.

• @americandapper Welcome to the community! I'm glad that you are experiencing so many positive things! I believe the future IS bright for you!

• @JoyfulHeart this is such a great post! Grateful you shared not only your personal growth and experiences but the wonderful unexpected benefits of cuddling!
    Even as a professional cuddler who is entrusted with the responsibility to create a safe space and foster exactly the connection and growth you found, I have an abundance of positive effects from connection and cuddling which spill over into my daily life!

Love this post and the positive vibes ! ❤️

• @Touch_You_Crave It's interesting how many people are saying that they've experienced this kind of benefit.

I'm glad to know that professionals can benefit too. I think that part of my joy is the sense that my provider is enjoying our time together too.

• @JoyfulHeart Yes! I think this type of service is best provided by someone who understands the needs of those they get to connect with and also fully enjoys the dual benefits of such connections. I’m grateful to be a part of this community and to be able to reach people whom I wouldn’t otherwise cross paths with, amazing people such as yourself.