Cuddle parties

I was invited to a cuddle party. The pros come free and the gentlemen pay a cover to meet potential other cuddlers in the area.

I'd like to start a discussion on why or why not you would attend something like this. And what would the pros and cons be.

Comments

• I’ve heard of these and actually thinking of hosting one myself soon!

I think the benefits would be it would be a great way to meet new people you may not have had the opportunity to cuddle with before and learn new cuddle styles and enjoy just being social together in the cuddle community.

• I would not attend a cuddle party. What I like about cuddling is how easy it is to meet and connect with one person. If I wanted to go to a party and sort through a bunch of people to try to find someone to connect with, I would just do that.

• I have attended quite a few and enjoy them, but if you are considering running them, PLEASE take a course on the subject. Even more important than education for cuddling, because as the leader of the event, it is ultimately your responsibility to create and keep a safe environment for a group of people. It's a big reason why I have not shifted to running them yet. I may get some kickback on this, and I'm happy to share more, but trust me that these events have the potential to be very uncomfortable and unsafe for attendees, and leaders need to know how to combat this to reduce the risk as much as possible... 😔

• @jasmineluv, @ubergigglefritz is absolutely right. Cuddle parties have the potential to be great, but they can be very unsafe for some people. I really hope you do organise them, but yes, please get some proper training first.

• Hello Good People, New-To-The-Community and site decent human guy here. How does one find cuddle parties (communities, invites, etc.) in NYC, especially when I’m very intentionally not on Facebook? And Thanks for this space and all of the good and positive intention within it!

• Welcome, @Blasian1. There aren't that many at the moment because of you-know-what. But try cuddleparty.com and meetup.com.

• Thanks @CuddleDuncan! And I just tried the old Google trick (DUH!) and got some leads to check into. Appreciate it!

• Back in the old days, Corona used to be a drink and Delta was an airline.

• edited August 2021

I’ve been to a number of cuddle parties and hosted a few small ones myself. I love it. In fact, I like it more than cuddling with just one person because the extra people provide a measure of safety. These were cuddle parties hosted by people known to me and even if I didn’t know everyone there, all of them were known to the host. People were on their best behavior. First one I went to, we watched Cosmos, hosted by Neil DeGrasse Tyson. The host filled the living room with air mattresses, put comforters over them, and we were piled in like kittens in a basket.

In my own place, we’d have 4-6 people on a couple of air mattresses secured together and we’d watch a movie.

Unfortunately, the main cuddle party instigator moved away and then COVID so I have not attended a cuddle party in quite some time.

These cuddle parties were not public events, they were invitation only. In addition, many of the people who attended were Burners and/or involved in a local sex positive organization and they are very big on consent. I felt a lot more at ease in that environment than being alone with a stranger from the internet.

• edited August 2021

@quixotic_life - People involved in Burning Man or regional affiliated groups.