How to get clients

Hi everyone
I am running into people that just want to chat.
They don't want to pay for services.
They suggest a video call or texting but for free.
Is this normal and how should i reply?

Comments

• It's normal(ish), but not acceptable.

Tell them that unless you have a booked proposal you do not exchange contact information as per TOS. Don't let these guys waste your time or mental energy. There's only one reason they want to push communication off-site without a booking and it's not to talk about the weather. If they continue or push their agenda, block and report.

I personally only take communication off-site if absolutely necessary, example needing clearer directions / having poor wifi service / not receiving site notifications, which does happen . It's easier to keep track of clients and our communication in one place.

If you're offering video / text chat I urge you, if you don't already to use a burner number such as google voice.

Hope this helps!

• edited August 2021

I may message to say hello , welcome to the site and what not. I'm not looking to hire a pro at the moment but am always open to making friends . However I respect the business aspect to this , not everyone is on here to chit chat . So I always let the other person take the lead in terms of what kind of communication and how much. Some pros I chat with all the time , but that is because they want to chat. If that weren't the case I would be considered a time waster , and nobody wants that lol

• [Deleted User]CharlesThePoet (deleted user)
    edited August 2021

I’m basically with @pmvines, maybe even more so in that I don’t reach out with the first message.

I do have a few professionals that chat back and forth with me, and I’ve tried to be clear that I am not a potential client.

But it is lovely to chat with them, and develop friendships over time.

As to how to deal with the issue, I can only offer advice about what works for me as a salesperson and producer: Always Be Closing.

Always end your chats with potential clients with, “When do you want to schedule a session with me?”

If they dodge and weave, ask again.

A third dodge means they have no intention of scheduling, and you can politely thank them for their time, and block them.

The hand-holding should be for the cuddling session, not for the booking.

Good luck!

• Dag on they can't say hi lol. Well I think u should be straight forward on your profile and say I'm here to cuddle and profit not small talk. Seems harsh but least folks would know how to approach you

• Different perspective and perhaps for another thread. I always give out all the details of when, where etc in my first message along with a very basic description of my personality and a pic. Often, they will say “whoa, let’s chat a bit before we make plans.”

I understand female pros asking questions for their safety but I am talking about dragged out let’s get to know you conversations. There are many times I am too busy for that or I am traveling and out of reach and they get angry and say I guess you are not interested. Most pros are cool but there is a segment who treat it like a dating site and asking for personal details.

My point is I like to the point but there are times when that works against you as a client. However, I will add that I rarely book someone that protracts the time it takes from greeting to booking. It should only take about 3 back and forth replies to make a decision.

• @FunCartel

God you're my favorite type of client. All the relative information in the greeting. It eliminates the need for time consuming back and forth messaging.

• It should only take about 3 back and forth replies to make a decision.

I concur absolutely.