Let’s give our male pros some love!

Let’s share some positive experiences we’ve had hiring male pros. Here are some questions just to prompt discussion:

• Have you hired a male pro and benefited from it?
  • What did you enjoy about it?
  • What questions did you have that he answered?
  • What concerns did you have that were laid to rest when you were in his arms?
  • What reservations did you have to overcome to hire a man to cuddle you?
  • How was hiring a male pro different from hiring a female pro?
  • How was hiring a male pro different from cuddling with a non-pro male cuddler?
  • Are you a person of a gender or orientation that normally would not be intimate with a man but had a good experience hiring a male pro?

Feel free to share anything you’re comfortable with. I know a lot of clients won’t be comfortable disclosing, but I’d love to hear from those who are.

Comments

• I haven't... yet. Though I have cuddled with two people who each would make fabulous pros!! But they aren't interested... Such a shame for those out there looking to get squishy with someone trustworthy, respectful and nurturing (and who would feel more comfortable as a client than a buddy). Sigh...

• I have done “service trades” with several male cuddle pros and one male licensed massage therapist (trading 1 hr of cuddles for a 1 hr massage).

I was more than happy to meet with these male cuddle pros, expecting to engage in a little bit of shop talk, provide a little bit of mentorship, and then relax into a mutually satisfying cuddle. Unfortunately, this was not the case.

By and large the aspiring pros were anything but, leaving me to make all the arrangements and take the lead in session. One even asked me to pick him up and drive him to our meet up , as he didn’t have a car of his own. I felt a bit duped, to be honest—like I’d been tricked into giving sessions away for free.

I share this not to denigrate all male cuddlers, but to say that the reservations And misgivings that I had going in all proved to be true. The male pros I met seemed to have the attitude that going pro would increase their ability to cuddle with women for free. Most didn’t care whether they made much money, and none took on any responsibility for making the session relaxing or comfortable for all parties. I ended up doing all the logistical planning (booking a room, bringing candles, choosing music, etc) and then providing all of the physical and emotional labor as well.

The massage therapist, on the other hand, was a superior cuddle partner and gave a heckuva massage. He was conscientious and insisted on scheduling our traded sessions on different days so that he could be sure that he was giving me 100% of his focus and attention. I appreciated that each of us was able to curate an experience for the other according to our respective specialties.

I’m not done with male pros. I might give another service trade a go, but I’m pretty wary at the moment. I’d be delighted to pay for the occasional cuddle with a male pro if I could trust that the experience would be restorative and recharge my batteries, so to speak. It feels good to be “off the clock.” It would take more up front rapport building, however, for me to trust in the process.

• This is not to knock all male cuddlers… I’ve met plenty of male enthusiasts/clients who are amazingly giving and enthusiastic cuddle partners. Some are such naturals, they make you feel a bit guilty. I have heard wonderful things about you, @nurturingman, I would cuddle you in a heartbeat.

• edited August 2021

The male pros I met seemed to have the attitude that going pro would increase their ability to cuddle with women for free. Most didn’t care whether they made much money, and none took on any responsibility for making the session relaxing or comfortable for all parties. -- @BellaSera

That is a perfect of example of why I don't believe it's right for this site to allow male "pros" to decide they only cuddle women. I believe if they had to agree to cuddle everyone, the chances are greater that they would join this site to be therapeutic and put clients first.

I have heard wonderful things about you, @nurturingman, I would cuddle you in a heartbeat.

Thanks! Mutual, I'm sure. 😁🤝🫂

• edited September 2021

Today, because of this thread, I went browsing looking for male pros who had karma. I found one. That was sad.

• edited September 2021

@Babichev have you ever had a good experience hiring a male pro? I’m hoping to hear some positive experiences folks have had hiring male pros.

• edited August 2021

Have not hired any pros. All my cuddling has been with other enthusiasts, mostly friends.

I just checked. Within 100 miles of my location I can find only one “pro.” He just signed up with this site in August, his photo is of him in his garage, he says he charges $400/hr. His profile says very little. Sorry if I’m a downer but it seems hard to find people who have experience with male pros.

• edited September 2021