Red flags or not

Is it normal for pro cuddlers not to look at your profile even once or ask for a photo before seeing you ??
I would think they would do some research at least.

Comments

• @Melancholy if everything is all set up , booked, etc yeah then that would seem to be unsettling. I don’t think I have ever had that happen to me. Usually everyone wants as much info as they can get Especially before the first encounter. This has happened to you? Did you actually meet? How’d it go?

• It is normal, yes. It has happened to me more than once. In itself it is not a red flag, but it is a piece of the puzzle.

I don't properly understand the psychology behind it, and I believe there are several separate possible reasons. For example, some professionals want to see the client as they truly are as a person in front of them, not filtered through the prism of their own self-image. (I have done this myself with clients in other contexts.) Others just don't care: the client is a wallet with a pulse and nothing more. For some, I suspect it is an boundary thing: it's not that they don't care on some level, it may even be that they are at risk of caring too much. In any case, in order to protect themselves they want to know as little of the person as possible.

• @CuddleDuncan i guess I’m fortunate then. If that was norm for me I think I’d struggle here. I welcome that a pro “checks “ me out so to speak. I don’t have much social media presence to begin with so I’m usually giving info about me to them to ease their suspicions if they have any. Curious though how this works when you meet 1st time 😊

• I'm not sure it's common - I think probably most professionals do look at new clients' profiles. I don't quite remember but I would guess that more than half of mine did.

But I'm with you - I found it mildly unsettling when they didn't. Sessions themselves were fine though.

• Overall the majority of pros I have booked do not look at my profile. I do find it weird, but many of those non-profile-looking pros turned out to be fine, so I don't think it's a red flag. I always send pictures with my first message, so I can't say what proportion would book without a picture.

However I have noticed a change over time. It's getting less rare for pros to look at my profile than it used to be. Not sure what the significance of this is. It's probably just random chance I guess.

• edited August 2021