Getting Clients

Hi! I'm new to the site and wanted to ask what others have done to get clients. I'm pretty patient, so I've been waiting to get messages, and I've gotten some messages. I've noticed that a lot of people on here that I've gotten messages from come across as fake or seem like they aren't genuinely interested in booking. I offer virtual sessions as well as in person sessions. My bio is on the longer side because I would like potential clients to know a good bit about me prior to contacting me. Did adding a discount to your profile help you get more messages? Any feedback is welcome. Thanks! 😊

Comments

• Not a pro, though my suggestion is to make your profile description more concise without taking out key details. :)

• @DimpleGirl this is my improved version of your profile:

"All sessions are non-sexual. Both parties will remain fully clothed.

If you do not have a profile picture, please include a picture when you contact me, so I know who I'm speaking with.

My personality is warm and caring. And I have a soft voice, and a gentle touch. I cuddle in shorts and a t-shirt. Depending on your preference, I can wear my hair up or down during your session. 😊

I offer virtual sessions. I'm fully vaccinated and prefer to cuddle (in person) with clients who are also vaccinated. I have proof of vaccination, and request the same of my clients.

[ "I can be a guest, I can cuddle in a hotel or in a movie theater (just to name a few examples)." I'd take that out, your facts' section essentially already covers it.]

"If you have questions about other types of sessions, please feel free to send me a message." What do you mean by other types of sessions?

I do offer a free approximately 15 to 20 minute virtual "meet and greet" option (on Zoom) so you can have an opportunity to see if you think I'm a good fit for you. Long enough for you to get a preview of my personality and ask questions. If you would like to set up a meet and greet via phone call or Zoom, let's set up an actual date and time. Thank you. 😊

If this is a deal breaker for you, I do apologize though because of my stressful job I only have availability on weekends in the foreseeable future.

I accept Venmo and cash. I do accept tips, but they are certainly not expected by any means.

Please feel free to reach out to me with any questions.

30 minute virtual session $45
    60 minute virtual session $65"

• @Lovelight, I saw your suggested update after updating my profile using your "concise" suggestion. 😊 I had taken the types of sessions out because (as you said) it is already covered in my basics section. I think my profile is looking better now. I've seen a lot of really long profiles and those people have a lot of good karma, so I guess I was thinking a long profile was good. LOL. Live and learn. πŸ˜† Thanks again!

• @DimpleGirl experiment. If your profile is not delivering the traffic that you want, change something. Small changes sometimes can have surprisingly significant effects. Try different combinations of photos, different order of photos, changing just a word or two at the start of the profile.

Your observation that a significant minority of enquiries are from time-wasters is unfortunately correct. There is another thread on this board on that topic.

• Where and how do pros market themselves besides this site?

• @CuddleDuncan - I was just coming back to see if I had gotten any more replies to my post, and I'm seeing yours. I had actually been making small changes (great minds think alike!) and it's seemed to help a little bit. Thank you for the suggestion! 😊

@Babichev - I actually am not sure how pros market themselves. I don't really know of any other ways to get clients besides cuddle sites.

• @DimpleGirl glad to hear it's helping, if only a little. Just keep doing it.

@Babichev marketing methods used by professional cuddlers that I have encountered directly include:

Social media in various forms
    Own website
    Pay per click
    Public Relations (media coverage: radio and newspaper interviews etc)
    Content marketing (creating videos)
    Speaking at events
    joint-leading cuddle workshops
    Blogging
    Profile/advert on dating site (can't remember exactly what, in fact I'm not even sure it was on a dating site)
    Small ads

I know there are others that people have mentioned on here, I just can't remember what they are. I have a hazy recollection @xandriarain mentioned a couple once.

There are of course many others. You are a small business startup, and the internet offers [too] much advice on how to get customers. If you find some which you're not sure is relevant, or you just don't take to it, move on swiftly - there is plenty more.

The best way is word of mouth.

• I can throw out other marketing suggestions:

Approach a local weekly magazine and offer to write an article for them. It doesn’t have to be specifically about pro cuddling, could be about research on touch, overcoming loneliness, etc.

Print post cards advertising your services and put them on bulletin boards. Make them very attractive looking so people will want to look at them. Post cards are nice because they are large enough that you can add quite a bit of information and make they eye catching but small enough that they don’t take up lots of space.

Print up business cards. Give them to everyone you meet, ask them to pass them along.

Find out what sort of grief counseling services there are in your area. Connect with them.

If you have a website, blog. It drives traffic to your website and helps with search engine optimization. Write interesting content that others will want to read and share.

Give workshops on consent.