I used to be so much more open minded
And I used to like to fall in love
And they tell me I was so much sweeter and kinder
But once is enough

Yeah I used to be Mr. Understanding
I used to could listen and not interrupt
But now I'm a different man than that man then
'Cause once is enough...

The song lyrics that popped into my mind when getting irked by all the redundancy here lately...

Comments

• @quixotic_life - I appreciate these song lyrics.

What is most frustrating, but inevitable, is that newer visitors and members of CuddleComfort do not spend time going through old discussion forums or even following the daily discussion forums, and so when they post a new discussion thread about pricing or finding connection, often times they are looking for a quick answer (like a Google search) even though their questions have already been answered in past forum discussion threads.

I’m with you; It is redundant for sure.

• That's how it is in every online forum that I've ever seen. Usually new people post the same things over and over and someone always complains about the topic being discussed before. But new people don't want to go read old discussions they can't participate in anymore they want to discuss it themselves. Nothing wrong with that. It's just how internet forums always are.

• @Melancholy I totally agree. How soon people forget that they were once new as well.

• It's not the redundancy of questions... I mean I love a good boner thread as much as anyone else...

For me, it's the incessant posting of the same comment ad nauseum, within one thread or even across many, that has me twisted. 🥴

Must a comment be made on everyone's comments??

• This phenomenon has been documented before, most famously "https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eternal_September"

Once upon time, back when the heaven was new, the only new people coming to the Internet and making nuisance of themselves due to their incompetence were the university freshmen. Every September there would be lots of idiots around, but by the end of the month everything was normal again when the new students learnt to behave themselves.

Then AOL offered Internet access to everyone.

That particular September never ended.

You see a similar pattern of waves/influxes of new users here.

• [Deleted User]CharlesThePoet (deleted user)

The good thing is that most humans are basically the same.

This is also the bad thing about humans.

• Excellent reading @SleepySheep1, thanks for sharing!

• @CharlesThePoet That is deeply profound, and in my experience, true.

• edited September 2021

To be fair, the forum search engine is very poor. I have tried putting in search terms that I know for a fact exist in certain discussions, and the search results are irrelevant and don’t show the discussion I’m looking for. One is more likely to find a discussion in this forum using Google than they are using the site’s own forum search.