Whose the rock in your life?

Whose that person (or living thing) that makes it all worth it, that makes you feel so loved / appreciated/ special & cared for … no, it doesn’t have to be romantic at all, or could be if that happens to be the case, could be a spouse / partner / sibling / parent / child / friend / co-worker / pet / someone you’ve probably never came across in person but only through an internet connection/ a complete stranger … do they know how you feel about them? do they know how much they mean to you?

1. Do they know exactly how you feel about them?12 votes
    1. Yes, I make sure they do
      50.00%
    2. No, I can’t translate my feelings into words
      25.00%
    3. I hope they do
      25.00%

Comments

• edited October 2021

I don’t have one anymore. She died. But she knew.

• @TheMidnightOwl , I was afraid someone would say that, I’m sorry 😔

• My high school girlfriend that I almost married, except I figured some things out before I ruined both our lives. Ahem.

And of course there is... ( @cuddles_ndream - preemptive apologies, but I couldn't resist)

• My answer is one of my pro, meeting her saved my life and made me love life. Because I live in a confusing live.

• edited October 2021

Same ( @TheMidnightOwl ).

Papa, our shared family rock passed and things have never been the same (and there's no replacing him). For sure he 100% knew how everyone felt about him too.

A few years have gone by, and the heartache is lessened.... And there's evidence that a few of us recognize what we've been missing from him and we've been slowly learning how to cultivate some of that love and strength within. I'm sure he'd want each of us to be resilient. To also be rocks, for ourselves and each other. And I truly believe that's the best way for us to never lose him completely.

💓

• @Sideon ahhh high school sweethearts … yup I had one of those lol & I would wonder how things would’ve turned out had I not left for several years… came across her 3 times since (last time being Black Friday of 2020 - the same exact smile as always ☺️)

I’m still trying to figure out -preemptive- & that I translate the comment / sentence right 😅

• Really happy for you @Ahmedali999 😄 I dont know if she’s the same pro that you shared with us all one time, that would give you the breathing excersises & materials to read ect … i remember feeling her soul through your words while you were expressing her. 1 of a kind.

• @cuddles_ndream ~ Thank you 🥲

@Sideon ~ Lol! Such a silly goose!!

• My sister is the coolest. We tell each other everything

• edited October 2021

@cuddles_ndream yes man i had the reason is I had plan to end this life but meeting her made me change my mind completely but still I wouldn't do it because I will go to hell . I choosed life because of her.

• My daughter. I only see her half the time, but she is my sun, moon and stars and has been since the day she was born.

• edited October 2021

Gawdamn yeah I'm pretty sure The Rock is indeed the rock!

• edited October 2021

• edited October 2021

I'm my own rock. I've learned that I am the only person I can depend on.

• edited October 2021

In reality God because of him we have all these graces and blessings

• @Ukguy 🤣🤣🤣👌

• [Deleted User]CharlesThePoet (deleted user)

The Who’s rock was John Entwhistle.

(Side note: Entwhistle is very high up on the list of coolest names ever…)

• @CharlesThePoet I think that "Verity Thirkettle" (British harp player) is on a similar strata of cool names. Her music is pretty cool too.