I was rude to another cuddler :(

edited October 2021 in General

And I feel bad about it. Let me explain:

Several weeks ago I messaged a new cuddler welcoming them to CC. Shortly after that their profile was updated with the phrase "My time is not free". As I usually do in these cases, I reported the profile as an "untagged pro" And left it at that.

A few minutes ago I got a response from this cuddler asking if I was still interested. My reply was:

"Nope"

Which after thinking about it seemed unduly harsh. I was acting as if this person was trying to be deceptive, but with a little more thought I realized it was just because she didn't know the rules and etiquette and I was just being a jerk about it. So I tried to send an update to her, but in the meantime she responded "ok" and blocked me. Which I can't blame her for.

But in any case, if somebody could apologize to name redacted - Babichev for me, I would appreciate it. The following is what I tried to send her in between the time that I sent my first response and I was blocked.

"Sorry, that was rude of me.

When I messaged you there was no indication that you were charging a fee. Finding that out after the fact made it feel like you were being underhanded, but I'm after thinking about it, more accurately it was because you were new to this site and didn't know the rules or etiquette.

Anyway, I don't cuddle with pros. To me it doesn't seem like it would have the right vibe, which is very important to me.

Best of luck in your cuddling :-)

Sorry you had this experience. Your regret is understandable and I’m sure your request is well-intentioned. However, it could be considered trying to circumvent a block and at any rate, it intrudes on the cuddler’s privacy to refer to them by name in a public thread. - Babichev

Comments

• edited October 2021

deleted

• We all make mistakes and judge quickly. When I was new to the CC 1 pro said pay online and I was rude to her told her you're a scam. ☝️ but she responded nicely and explained it's not a scam . After a while i still met her and she's very kind and has high mortality,which I need to improve.

• @spoonwithme it's hard to get a tone over the written word. I'm sorry it went that way for you and her.

I know you didn't mean it that way. And I hope she sees this.

Meeting up with you gave me the courage to come back on keep trying to find the other gems out there like yourself.

• @KYtranspant it's not hard if she has another pro friend. That's how I met the pro i was rude to through her other pro friend.

• edited October 2021

@KYtranspant Now days tone is difficult to get right in person. We have been so isolated because of the pandemic and divided by opposite political views that we forgot not every word is an agenda. The art of connection took a ding.

Because of this, kindness has become difficult and hard work. @spoonwithme I am very happy you apologized. That was kindness and introspection of the best sort. Those glimpses of hope keep me hoping.

• I totally get this post, & it is really nice that you realized & tried to apologize … I was once having a really nice conversation with someone very near to me here, the convo was really nice & the person was so sweet & caring, the next day it showed ‘pro pending’ or something like that on her profile … it didn’t feel good because automatically I felt like, the only reason I was having such an awesome conversation was because I was a potential client …. So I stopped responding, & her last few comments I was mindful to still be caring & respectful while sending a subtle polite message that I wasn’t interested … this by no means is against pros or anti pros ect … infact the times I did cuddle were with pros, & I see myself booking with pros again for sure, but I want to be the one reaching out , it feels awesome receiving that red notification when someone messages you, & the feeling is nice when its someone totally new that may happen to be intrigued by you, your profile ect but to see a message from pro while the message is a vetting one, or having conversations with an enthusiat go so well & see their profile turn pending pro ect kinda brings down the self worth …. I would never be rude about this, it is what it is, its just not for me …

• @ky Thanks C :). Have you had any more luck on here? I'm still looking forward to getting back up to Lexington, right now I'm stuck in Florida but hopefully for not much longer.

@FunCartel great response, thanks. If nothing else I just don't like being as rude as I came across. Looks like you're in Kansas City? Have you messaged recentwidow? She's a fantastic cuddler out in that area, But I don't know if she's still active here.

• edited October 2021

@spoonwithme ~ Not to be adding to your woes, but I'm pretty sure that this would count as trying to circumvent a block, which is against site rules.

If nothing else, you should go back and click the gear (⚙) and remove her name from your original post.

It’s been taken care of. Babichev

If she sees it, she'll know, but since you've no interest in cuddling with her, it doesn't really matter that she's blocked you. Not really anyway.

And maybe just be more careful next time.

• @spoonwithme I personally don't think I would've blocked you for simply saying "nope". It usually takes a lot for me to block someone. Though seems like y'all got off on the wrong foot and for a lack of a better word anxious.

I'd say let it go. Hopefully she will see this and choose to reach out to hopefully end on a good note. Or who knows, in the future you two may connect. Though for now, know that you've done more than enough to try to rectify the situation. :)

• @FunCartel very much so. I work at a fairly solitary job at nights so I can go days speaking to only one or two people.

I do talk to my dog's a lot. That usually keeps me sane.

However reading the other thread about starting off conversations got me thinking I'm probably well out of practice.

It has to be with someone I feel comfortable with and let my guard down. Otherwise the introvert trauma survivor in me will just shut up and watch thier body language and interactions with others before I'm comfortable speaking with them.

• @Lovelight I don't have any interest to cuddling with her, I just felt like I had done something wrong and wanted to make it right. 'Tis all 😊

• You said you weren't interested and she blocked you for it. I wouldn't let her stay another second in my head rent-free.

• @Mike very true. When I I caused my pro of scam . She responded nicely and said: it's not a scam
    It's my business account. I have many reviews on my profile and done professional cuddling for two years now. If you still feel its a scam then I understand. Perhaps you can then take it on with someone else.: ☝️ but still didn't block me

• Closing thread.

Apologies are nice, but I'm not a fan of airing blocks, or attempting to circumvent them these kinds of posts.

Best wishes for future messages.

This discussion has been locked.