Looking to form platonic friendships and cuddle relationships (Garland, TX)

[Deleted User]edh96 (deleted user)
edited October 2021 in Cuddle Requests

As the title suggests. I'm open to anything, be it a platonic friendship or cuddle relationship. Obviously the latter has to be somewhere around my area, but for the former I'm open to having platonic online friendships with people who don't live anywhere near me. I have online friendships that have lasted years and are still going strong so they matter to me just as much as real life ones.

A little about me. I'm 25, male, born in Bosnia, but living in Dallas since I was a toddler, Studying sport science and want to be a soccer coach. Most important things to me are soccer, my Bosniak culture, music, mental health, and personal development.

Hoping to have supportive connections, get to know different cultures, building relationships slowly but steadily and forming healthy attachments during my time here.

If anyone is interested in connecting (however you'd like), send me a message or let me know here and I'll message you myself. Hope everyone is well here!

Comments

• Hello! Living in DFW area also. Would like to chat :)

• If you post it in request cuddles would be more useful.
    Regards

• [Deleted User]edh96 (deleted user)
    edited October 2021

@Ahmedali999 You mean post this thread in that section?

This could be considered a cuddle request. I’ll move it to that thread. If you want I can add your city to the title, it’s more likely to attract local folks for you. - Babichev

• edited October 2021

Welcome, @edh96 ! I see from another thread you may already have made a connection. I’m glad. I’m not in your city but I’m in St. Louis and we have a large Bosnian population here. I’ve enjoyed meeting many Bosnians and particularly enjoy Bosnian food.

One way to get to know people here is to participate in the forums. People get to know you and even if we’re too far away for cuddles you never know, people travel. I’ve already cuddled with one member who lives quite a distance away but was visiting family in my city. We’d already gotten to know each other online so it felt very comfortable cuddling.

Thank you @Babichev! Yeah, St. Louis is basically the Bosnian capital of the U.S., I know a few people who moved there from here in Dallas. Including a childhood ex of mine lol. What's your favorite Bosnian food?

I appreciate the tips.

• Well, I have to admit that I have a weakness for Bosnian pastries. There was a place not far from me, Berix, that had the best pastries but they moved further away. I don’t eat out much but I love it when they cook lamb on a spit. There was a little Bosnian grocery where the guy would cook lamb like that and then sell it by the pound. He’s gone, too. Isn’t there something they make that will have a meat or cheese filling with a flaky dough wrapped around it? I don’t remember what it’s called but I absolutely love that. And ajvar. I love to bring it to a party to eat with chips or crackers because none of my friends have ever had it before and everyone thinks it’s very tasty.

Now I will have to go get some Bosnian food some time soon!

You're probably referring to burek or maybe pita. There's many different variations of both and I like most of the ones I've tried. Lamb is delicious, but it's usually eaten on special occasions in my family like New Year's or a Muslim holiday. Ajvar the way you use it is fine, I just hate it when it's used on everything like Bosnians often tend to do lol.

Have you ever had hurmašice, palačinke, tulumbe, or rahatluk? Those are all Bosnian delicacies as well. :)

• Oh, yes, burek! I love it!

I shall make a note of those other dishes and look for them. I don’t remember the names of most of the things. I buy lamb and goat from a Bosnian butcher, it’s all grown locally and he butchers it himself then cuts it the way you want it.

I really like the Bosnians in St. Louis. They’ve been friendly and have been a real asset to the city.

@Babichev

That's really cool! I don't think I've ever seen a Bosnian butcher here, but I guess I'm not surprised St. Louis has some given how many Bosnians live there lol.

Awesome to hear you like them. I hope you get a chance to try those dishes, let me know if you do and how you liked them!

• I had heard about this butcher several years ago. I found a little Bosnian grocery and was complaining to the guy that I could not find lamb the way I liked it cut. He said he knew a Bosnian butcher, his neighbor raised lambs and goats, and if I gave the grocer a week’s notice, I could order a lamb and have it cut the way I wanted. I didn’t have freezer space and by the time I did, the little grocer was gone.

Then two years ago I had a Saudi grad student roommate for 5 months. He would make this Saudi chicken and rice. His own father was a butcher and at home they made the dish with lamb. He and his friend would sometimes drive to a small town about an hour from the city and buy a lamb from this guy and he’d butcher it. I was excited, it was the same guy! So we bought a lamb and later bought a goat from him. His place in the country is a little over an hour from home. He’s got a shop closer to the city but it’s at the other end of town. He’s got a very good reputation, though. I love it that the meat is grown locally so sometimes I go there even though it’s a bit of a distance.