Identifying yourself as a professional

What is the best way to identify yourself as a professional?

Comments

• You have to apply to be a pro. Once you’re accepted, you’ll have a pink P on your profile like what I have on mine. Then you can start charging.

• Yeah, the bar is almost non-existent.

• Well, that was a quick decision

• He clearly had ulterior motives based on one of his pictures. How in the world did he ever get approved as a pro?

• He didn’t get approved lol I checked his profile and he was just saying he was a pro. But he didn’t have the pink P.

• @Letsholdeachoth the bar is not "almost non-existent". Sure it's low, but an astonishing number of people fail to get over it. It's very existent, and very important.

• Not being banned is a start.

• It is amazing the number of men and women who sign up for being a pro without READING one damn thing.

"Oh look, there's a link. Lemme do. And then let me ask how do I get started in one of the forums."

Every. Single. Day.

Literacy should be the first bar. The very first.

• @Sideon - They see a link about making money and they click on it without knowing what they're getting themselves into or caring to read anything about it. Most normal jobs like it if you at least know something about the company before applying.

• “Not being banned is a start.”

Good thing I wasn’t drinking my tea when I read that, I’d be cleaning it off the screen.

I’m not involved in approving pros and kinda glad of that. I can’t imagine.

• @Sideon , quit stealing my complaints :) lol