More Pros than enthusiasts?

I’ve noticed over the past year or more that while the numbers of cuddlers local to me appears roughly the same in my Search, that there are fewer enthusiasts among them, but also an increase in the number of Pro Cuddlers (approx 2 Pros for every enthusiast). Is this a Response by enthusiasts to Covid and being safe, or is it a shift of enthusiasts towards becoming Pros? Or people leaving the site, who may come back at a later date?

I’m sure admins might also have some input to this (who can see the numbers in the background?). But for me, this represents a change in terms of “who is available to cuddle”. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve had nothing but great experience with Pros, but finding a long term fellow-enthusiast seems highly unlikely these days. Thoughts?

Comments

• edited October 2021

To be fair there's no way to indicate whether someone's exclusively a pro or an enthusiast. I do both, personally, and I know a few who do the same. Also I've noted there's a higher turnover of Pros than enthusiasts, because if one is only here for the money they're going to very quickly tire of such a gig if it's not something they enjoy or they fail to get clientele quickly.

In addition I'm much more likely to give discounts or free sessions to a long term cuddle partner than a first-and-one-time cuddle situation.

• There is absolutely a way to tell a pro from an enthusiast. The pros have a pink P on their profile. They are the only ones allowed to charge money for cuddling.

• If you enjoy doing something and would be doing it anyway, why not opt to make money from it?

• @SleepySheep1 you can definitely indicate between pro and enthusiast. I see you’re a pro yourself so if you look at your profile, you have the pink label of pro. There’s your indication. If you come across someone who’s charging and they don’t have the pink P, you need to report them.

• I believe what @SleepySheep1 meant is that you can't tell if a pro only conducts paid sessions. An enthusiast (non-pro) profile should never be charging, but a pro can also choose to have "enthusiast" no-charge sessions as well as conduct pro sessions.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that is what they were getting at.

• Filters are your friend.

If you want to search for Pros, or exclude them and only see enthusiasts, then use the filter functions.

• @calmcontact it’s very rare because Mark has mentioned that it’s not ideal or something that should be happening a lot. If a pro decides to give a free cuddle, I was told they have to ask the mods. It’s quite a process and it’s just not something that happens.

• Here’s what mark said:

• [Deleted User]CharlesThePoet (deleted user)

Professionals don't have to ask permission. They can choose who to give discounts to as they wish.

They simply have to put the amount they charged into the booking session information.

• I agree with @CharlesThePoet some they did it for me. When I was struggling

• @Sheena123 Yes I've read in a few different places where Mark has officially spoken to this.

I didn't mean to speak on whether this is common practice or even allowed, I just meant to clarify what @SleepySheep1 had meant. I believe they said that this is something they do.

I understand that pros are really supposed to choose between being a pro or enthusiast and if they want to be an enthusiast they need to deactivate being a pro.

• Thanks for your thoughts overnight. Many of those have considered how we tell the difference, whether a Pro charges, etc.

For me, however, there is a distinct difference in the relationship that can be built, between Pro and enthusiast, besides the obvious commercial one. And that is, a couple of enthusiasts have opportunities, such as the ability to spend unlimited hours together, and there is no “clock ticking”. One enthusiast I knew was, like me, unable to host… but we would regularly jointly pay for a hotel room for the entire day (which approximates to the cost of 1 hour with a pro). Many, many more hours of chatting and building friendship as well. A long term cuddle partner.

Of the pros I’ve met here, their professionalism and ability to create a wonderful cuddling environment has been exemplary. I guess I’m trying to point out some obvious distinctions about the type of relationship and time afforded when it is a pro, versus a fellow enthusiast…

…and consequently, my opening question which was about my perceived shift towards more pros and fewer enthusiasts on this site. An observation, not a complaint 😊

• Regarding a pro having a pro and a non-pro profile: the site does not allow for duplicate accounts so unless someone had requested permission, that would not be an option. One problem is that it would be a way for an unscrupulous pro to try to circumvent the site regarding booking clients.

It appears that pros have the option of not charging but if they are cuddling as a pro, they probably aren’t going to be doing that frequently.

• It will only be more pros than enthusiast. I suggest if you want anything free or mutual cuddling. Go to a dating app and don't shoot for the moon when searching for someone to cuddle. If you cuddle here I advise setting aside some money to cuddle here. Or search outside of your jurisdiction for non pros.
    Most will agree here that enthusiast need to be paid for what they like doing here and that's why some become pros. Just accept the nature of others here

• I just did a search for women ages 18 - 100 who cuddle men within 150 miles of my location.
    Enthusiasts: 83
    Pros: 32

Did not search for men.

• My biggest takeaway here is that there's a dark mode on this site I could've been using the entire time. Thank you @Sheena123 ^.^

• @Shake49 oh! 😂😂 yea. Btw there’s a dark mode 😆😆😆

• I have a dark mode. I usually don't tell people. Bwaaaaaaaaahahaha!

@Babichev

I limited my search to 100 miles.

Enthusiasts: 6 (None of whom have contacted me, nor do I fit their criteria)
    Pros: 34
    Demi-Pro: 1

And, I am in a midsized city about an hour or so from a major city.

• Alright, I’ll bite: what’s a Demi-pro?

• @Sheena123 A partial or part-time pro. He might be referring to an untagged pro or one that appears for awhile, disappears, and then reappears. Demi means “half” or “partial”.

• Ah gotcha 👍🏻

• There are more female enthusiasts than female pros listed for my area. That said, the vast majority of enthusiasts haven't logged on for 10-12 months, so no idea if they are even paying attention to this site anymore.

• You have to really look at the last time a member was online. If they haven't been online for a long time it means that something happened or they quit.

It appears that there are more pros because there are those who decide to try it and realize it's not what they though it was. These women generally are more interested in the money rather than the service that they are providing. Once they realize that putting up a profile and waiting for men to come isn't enough they quit/ Furthermore, others don't realize that sometimes they will be cuddling with various types of men.

• Does a “Demi pro “ charge a Demi price ?

• @calmcontact You got exactly what I meant. 👍

I am both a pro and an enthusiast which is perfectly within this sites guidelines.

• edited October 2021

@Babichev I keep it all under one profile :)

I like the differing nature of both. I even hire pros despite being a pro.

More cuddles all around!

As long as everything's discussed and appropriately booked on the site- why not?

• edited October 2021

@CharlesThePoet , that’s pretty wild.

@Babichev

Arguably none of the cuddlers in my area are professionals, as not one of them lists cuddling training or certification, but that’s likely a different discussion.

For the purposes of this site, requiring money for the exchange of services is the only qualifier.

• @CambridgeGuy
    I saw someone had shared a printable CuddleComfort flyer somewhere in the forums... I want to say it was @Sheena123 who shared but I could be wrong. Maybe posting it to local forums or in local locations would increase enthusiast users on the website and help more people get connected without feeling like their only options around are the various forms of "pros"?