Weekend Group Cuddle Retreats

On my drive home this evening I had a vision for something else that could be possible in my new spot in central Virginia, and my brain started going crazy thinking of and planning for all things related to it, lol. Granted, this wouldn't be possible until at least early next year (and hopefully covid numbers keep trending downwards), but it feels exciting to me, and I'm wondering how much positive response it would get in the community. Think a group cuddle event extended across an entire weekend (Fri evening through Sun afternoon), so basically a giant slumber party (with, to keep things as safe and comfortable as possible, some rules and boundaries as to when and how cuddling should be taking place, consent education and safe consent practices will take place throughout). Once I'm all set up, I'll have three king beds, and should also have a full, cot, and two floor cushions (might buy more), so lots of sleeping space. I'm set up in rural central Virginia about 30 minutes from Charlottesville, so it's very relaxing here, with some short walking trails on site (and lots to do in the near vicinity if anyone wants to mix in other activities between cuddle time). You could come for any stretch of time during that period included in the entry fee. I would love to offer it monthly or every other month, so would be trying to keep it at a fairly affordable fee, considering what would be included. I know a lot of people are still really concerned about covid, but I'm definitely setting my sights on the next step and hopefully it can come. =) Any feedback or ideas?

Comments

• I have failed to receive any attention on my idea. πŸ˜†πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ

• @ubergigglefritz that's because you're awesomeness is so blinding brilliant we cant see to respond! πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

seriously though I think its a fantastic idea and I am interested. I like that you are thinking of a schedule frequency like monthly or every other month. That definitely helps with those of us coming out of town ! 😁

• @OhioMike Thanks for the comment, ha. I would LOVE for it to get enough response for monthly, ha, but in hindsight, I would probably start with every other month and cross my fingers that there are enough people to make it fun on that regular of a frequency... O:-) I guess I mainly wanted to share my excitement and see if the energy was reciprocated by people and whether anyone had any ideas or thoughts to contribute to my plans or to bookmark for later thought, but first thing is to finish accumulating furniture, ha. Everything in that industry is SO slow, so even once I've found what I want, it will take forever to get it all in. =(

• @ubergigglefritz you are welcome πŸ’›!

I like that recently we have members that are thinking of cuddle events to get members togetherπŸ˜€

• I love the idea! Overnight cuddle puddle .....

There is a lot to be said for a regular schedule. Last full weekend of the month, or whatever. Something people can easily remember. Perhaps start with a Saturday session and a Sunday session "and I'm thinking of laying on an overnight session if there is enough interest".

Safety will be a big issue:
    'So I will be asleep and emotionally vulnerable in a roomful of strangers?'
    'Yes'
    'And you, the organiser, will be in charge of safety and in the room too?'
    'Yes'
    'And you'll be awake, wearing night-vision goggles and watching out for potential trouble?'
    'Oh, no, I'll be sleeping like a baby.'

Food is such a solveable problem it can be part of the marketing hook.

Friday night to Sunday strikes me as very ambitious - you will be a physical and emotional wreck by the end. Leading a three hour session is tiring enough and you're proposing to lead for forty-something hours.

• edited November 2021

@CuddleDuncan I really appreciate your feedback and comments! Safety is a huge concern for me and actually why I have kind of pushed aside the concept of running a cuddle event for a while now.

The idea was definitely not to have constant cuddling allowed, and especially overnight. More like cuddlexpo was where there were cuddle events interspersed through the time. The question would be how to enforce that and keep safety as a top priority. πŸ€”

1 is I think, with few exceptions, it wouldn't be open invite. Maybe require having a private session with me in advance or to attend a day event before you can do the whole weekend? Or to be a qualified professional.

Unfortunately, with my location (and my house being my primary money maker, between cuddle sessions, overnights, and Airbnb rooms), single day cuddle events would not really be optimum. Few people would likely travel for just an afternoon. Maybe. πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ In addition, it would be a huge financial decision for me to cut out that much potential income for such a small amount in return (day events are much lower value and I don't anticipate much attendance for something so small).

The length idea was to create value for everyone and also to create something unique that may excite more people than a small event might. I like the idea of offering day visits to newbies though. I think most people coming for the longer stay would be more experienced in cuddling in general. That would be way too intimidating to someone who had no exposure yet... But how the sleeping portion functions would definitely need to be brainstormed more... Hm. πŸ€”

• @ubergigglefritz oh man I forgot about cuddle expo! Chicago ! Is that still an event happening?

• @OhioMike only that one year. πŸ˜” There was a virtual seminar event for professionals one year...

• @ubergigglefritz yeah I googled it a second ago. The September 2018 page appeared. Can’t believe that was that long ago

• @ubergigglefritz i do appreciate the effort and time for thinking of this 😊

• This outfit isn't operating because of covid, but they used to run different types of workshop:

https://www.cuddleworkshop.co.uk/faq

Only an afternoon of course, so no sleeping problem.

If your place is too far for most people to come for a day, how about doing every second month at yours for the weekend, and the intervening months are a one day event at an airbnb in a more convenient location? That can also serve as a 'training' event that noobs have to attend to be allowed to come to the weekends.

For sleep-time safety, give everybody a whistle on a ribbon to wear around their neck. The rule is, if in doubt blow the whistle with all your might. (Have a practice.) Better to have everybody woken up for a false alarm than something to happen. Install cameras in the sleeping areas, and make sure everybody knows they are there. Nightlights everywhere, so it's not totally dark (issue eyemasks to those who need them). Not a complete protection of course, but then nothing is. And remember that the chances of an incident are extraordinarily low to start with.

I can tell you why furniture takes so long though - it's because they don't plant the tree (that makes the wood that makes the chair) until you place a firm order.

• @CuddleDuncan I like the idea of cameras in the sleeping areas, but I'm not sure the distribution of people who would be bothered by that versus comforted. πŸ€” I am open to any options though, depending on what people want. Doors remaining open and nightlights are a good idea. It gets VERY dark out here, ha. I was already thinking / hoping I could find very particular people (maybe other professionals) who could get a discount, and split us up between different areas for nighttime. Hopefully that would increase "leadership" presence during that more vulnerable time.

@OhioMike Agree. 2020 and 2021 may as well have not existed for me. I can't believe how long ago and different things were even just in 2019. =(

• I really like how thoughtful and enthusiastic you are about cuddling, and that you come up with ideas like this.

However, honestly, to me as a cuddle client, what you've described is not appealing, and I'm guessing most cuddle clients feel the same. If I book you for a cuddle, it's because I want to meet and connect with you. I have absolutely zero desire to be in a big group cuddle party involving other men, especially not one that spans days. That's so incredibly distant from what I like about cuddling.

My impression is that the vast bulk of potential cuddle clients, the ones who frequent the site but don't often post on the forum, feel the same. But, it's definitely possible I'm mistaken.

• @CuddleWho it's definitely two entirely different experiences! I appreciate your comment and feedback. "Cuddle parties" are definitely also a thing though (I wouldn't be "cuddle party" though, as I prefer the structure of cuddle sanctuary group events over cuddle party events). Some people like one, some the other, and others like both (or neither πŸ˜†).

As a recipient, I like both. Some people like cuddle events as a more affordable way to get connection needs met on a more regular basis or being able to meet and try cuddling with different people. Cost is a huge barrier (or just a mental block) for a lot of people to try a session, or to do them as often as they would wish, and group events solve that issue. It's a way to cast a wider net and help more people get some connection needs met than would otherwise be able to.

Primarily, I would still be doing regular sessions, bit group events could just be another option for people to choose if they wanted to. But definitely two very different experiences. Aside from my inner desire to help as many people as I can, I would definitely rather do an overnight session with one person than host a giant two night group event, ha, but if I have space in my schedule and people who are interested in another option, then I'm happy to work it out.

I'm open to other ideas to better meet the needs of what I'm trying to accomplish (or just another option to offer, as I do think there is one segment of people who would appreciate a group cuddle retreat). Fewer people, no group events, come for a vacation / retreat (stay and relax here, go to Charlottesville, hike in the mountains, whatever), includes an hour private session per day? πŸ€” That would always be available, actually, ha, but I could offer a dedicated weekend at a special price. I don't know. I give up. πŸ˜‚

• We have had private cuddle party retreats before, but they are pretty much invite only.

I like the idea πŸ’‘πŸ’‘

I'd be open to cuddling and connection in nature it's my second home

• edited November 2021

@ubergigglefritz great explanation on differences in cuddle party / events and one on one cuddling. ENTIRELY different scenarios.

@MissAdventurous great point in that these gathering are invite only not an open house.

I think it’s a great idea πŸ’‘ also and thank you @ubergigglefritz for thinking of people here.

• @ubergigglefritz this is a great idea! I'd certainly try and attend if you did it. I looked at a venue here near me where it would be possible to do this exact sort of thing - and I want to try set something up in August.