Comments

• Speaking only for myself as a veteran, I’d like to extend the gratitude toward the peaceniks and peace activists out there.

Thank you for your service.

• [Deleted User]Zach89 (deleted user)
    edited November 2021

Warning: any more comments insulting other members will get you put in time out. - Babichev

• edited November 2021

@MonkeyNeedsAHug says: I’d like to extend the gratitude toward the peaceniks and peace activists out there.

@MonkeyNeedsAHug not sure exactly what you mean, can you elaborate? Veterans day is to celebrate our veterans (like you) and to thank them for their service. This day doesn't celebrate those who make it their business to insult them and denigrate their service. I'm only guessing those are the ones you want to extend gratitude to, since you use the term "peacenik." To that, I salute you, but I don't share your sentiment. Make no mistake - I'm quite liberal in my political stances - but in this case my gratitude extends to you and other servicemen only - for those who insult them, there are plenty of folks on far left media outlets and academia who already entertain them. They don't need me.

I fully understand your frustration as a veteran when you see complete nitwits attack you. I'm truly sorry. If you need a hug, you are welcome to get one from me any time.

• edited November 2021

That thought has occurred to me many times, @Zach89.

• edited November 2021

I didn’t mean to derail a heartfelt sentiment shared by many. I tried to word my response so as to take nothing away from those veterans who continue to believe that war is sometimes the answer.

For the record, I’ve always considered peace activists the best friends of our troops since they keep pressure on the government to keep them from being treated like cannon fodder.

Also, for the record, I’m sure there are folks out there (on all sides of every issue) who will be quick to judge people they don’t know. But I can’t recall ever being intentionally harmed or insulted by a peace activist.

Again, just speaking for myself and from my own experience.

Peace,

🐒

PS @CuddlesByDeep

I appreciate the curiosity expressed in your response.

I used the word peacenik as an informal and affectionate substitute for pacificists.
    The ones I know include many veterans.

To clarify, I don’t think pacifists who insult others are being entirely true to their own beliefs. I don’t claim to be a peace activist, myself. But in solidarity with them, I’ve reworded my initial response to my countryman, @Zach89, above.

• If people really support us veterans, they will give us a cuddling discount, haha! :)

• @MrMarkAndrew a number of professional cuddlers already do.

However, being a veteran is not necessarily associated with financial hardship. Many other professionals offer discounted rates on a case by case basis to those who need them.

• @MrMarkAndrew - I've actually not had any veterans ask me for a discount, up to this point. I do have a discount listed on my profile though, and I'm open to discussing it further, should anyone want to do so. Thank you for your service. 🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗

• edited November 2021

@MrMarkAndrew, have you asked? Sometimes asking for what you want is a first step. I honestly believe anyone doing this work because they want to provide a genuine healing service would definitely provide veterans a discount if asked. That said, some pros already may be charging a low price, in which case it may not be feasible for them to discount their rates further. In that case you need to decide if the price is worth it to you.