Thanksgiving cuddles

For those in America, who’s looking to cuddle on thanksgiving or during the long weekend? I’m curious if there is a market for cuddles around this holiday since some people (especially those with family in India or other countries) might not be able to make it to be with loved ones, but others might feel safe enough to do a Friendsgiving. I’m in the Bay Area but curious to hear from anyone in the US about this. Also thinking about Christmas and New Years, too.

Comments

• I've been trying to reach out to people about this too. I don't do family holidays and often find myself alone. I enjoy my own company, but I'd be totally happy to spend a holiday cuddling.

• edited November 2021

I think it's an excellent idea to offer cuddling at such times and I wish you the best of luck.

We don't have Thanksgiving here in the UK, but in many ways it is similar to Christmas so I think Tip For Life number 261 applies.

Tip For Life No. 261 Being on your own for Christmas / Thanksgiving etc.
    If you are expecting to be on your own for a big holiday, and you aren't thrilled about that, tell absolutely everybody you know. Do so in a happy, optimistic tone. Far more - far more - people are on their own on such days than you might think, because a lot of people think they are supposed to be embarrassed about it (wrong) and therefore keep schtum. You will be amazed how often people will say me too, or yes so is my sister, or my colleague, or somebody.

"Are you looking forward to Thanksgiving? I'm going to be on my own this year, which is kind of an exciting prospect. I can do anything I want!"

"Oh, well, erm, yes, well of course you must come to us."

"That's so kind of you, thank you. I would love to, but I don't want to impose and as I say, I haven't quite decided how I want to play it. May I come back to you?"

Be open to any ideas, suggestions and invitations result, but do not say yes straightaway to the first one.

This is a minor but widespread social issue here in London, where a large proportion of the population are incomers with no nearby family and few if any friends. It's a lesson I learnt for myself, not the hard way (my alone Christmasses were perfectly happy) but much too late. Having been saying this to anybody who will listen for years, I can now tell you many stories of happy and successful occasions.

• This is a nice idea. Thanksgiving is a tough holiday to be alone on.