Non-pro to Pro switch without warning?

First things first... Hello all!! I'm still a bit new here, but I've enjoyed reading a lot of the discussion threads and browsing profiles to get a better feel of this being a legitimate site of people both professional and not, that really do simply enjoy cuddling. While I know there are the ones out there looking for more than that, it seems so far to be a decent site and already looking forward my first cuddle session through here! :)

On to my question though.

I messaged someone (non professional) a few days ago who was also fairly new to the site so as to introduce myself with the intent of seeing if they would be open to cuddling in the near future and possibly be a casual cuddle buddy. A day later their account changed from a non-professional account to being listed as a professional. I see that cuddlers are able to simply change from non-pro to pro when they like, and possibly back, but has anyone else ever had this happen to them where when you first message someone listed as a non-pro suddenly change to a professional and they then expect to charge without warning?

To be fair on their part... I had not asked them for a cuddle session yet. That I understand. And it's not about the money, it's that what was intended as finding a casual cuddle buddy became a paid service without any forewarning.

Thoughts?

Comments

• [Deleted User]cuddledingo (deleted user)
    Hey @reurbo... this exact thing actually happened a few days ago to me. No biggie, we never set up a session or had any major promises/plans. We did plan on meeting for coffee and then she went Pro so, for me, I wasn't interested anymore. It happens, you just have to roll with it and respectfully decline. Personally I've never found a buddy from this site but have set up several meet ups where the girl flaked last minute. The community is great, though, and I just started using the site again and am having fun reading/writing on the forums. 

As for switching between Pro/Non-Pro... I'm not sure how it works but I think it takes more than flipping a switch to change your account status. I can't confirm because I'm a non-pro. Anyone else in the know that could answer that?
  • edited December 2016
    Pros cannot switch without requesting and it's something that has rarely been done. It sounds like @reurbo messaged someone who was already waiting for their application to be approved.
  • @cuddledingo Yes, it's not that big of a deal, but still a bit disappointing. Thank you

@Mark thank you for clarifying. I saw the link and the page to request to be a Pro, but didn't know how easy it was to switch from one to the other or what was involved to switch back... and I wasn't about to do it just to try to find out.
  • [Deleted User]Unknown (deleted user)
    edited December 2016
    Just a reminder, anyone listed as a non pro that's offering paid sessions, needs to be reported. If they aren't in the process of moving to pro status, they are need to be. It's not fair to the pros on this site for non pros to charge and not give the proper cut to CC.
  • @Morpheus Agreed and I've already had to do that once.
  • [Deleted User]fastboy1359 (deleted user)
    It is a big deal and blatantly dishonest. As soon as there is any engagement and the person fails to identify that they intend to charge, there has been a basic misrepresentation.
  • Sometimes when we first sign up it takes a little bit to convert over so the pro status doesn't show right away. If you message someone who is new to this site it may have just not kicked in yet. I am relatively new to this site but have been cuddling for a while it just doesn't happen to show on here. 
  • @CuddlePanda9 Yes, and that is understandable. I've seen a few that on their About Me though they have clearly stated they are waiting for the Pro status to go through while many won't mention they have put in the request to be listed as a Pro... on either their profile or while messaging them before it goes through.